View Diary: Obama Must Fire Kerry for Saying Israel Could Become an "Apartheid State" Demands Kristol Group (268 comments)

•  I doubt he will dial them back, given they were (9+ / 0-)

comments made behind closed doors.

"If the Jew who struggles for justice for Palestine is considered anti-Semitic, & if Palestinians seeking self-determination are so accused...then no oppositional move can take place w/o risking the accusation." - Judith Butler

by David Harris Gershon on Mon Apr 28, 2014 at 06:55:58 AM PDT

•  Great; wonder who leaked them to the worst (1+ / 0-)
      Black Mare

neocons around to use as ammo?

Sure once I was young and impulsive, I wore every conceivable pin. Even went to socialist meetings, learned all the old union hymns. Ah, but I've grown older and wiser. And that's why I'm turning you in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52Oz-54VYw

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Apr 28, 2014 at 01:22:00 PM PDT

•  Exactly what I was wondering (1+ / 0-)
        SouthernLiberalinMD

Whoever it was has an interest in the status quo.

Since nobody really benefits from the status quo, it puzzles me.

I think Israel (and/or AIPAC) has a large and problematic influence on our foreign policy and legislation as it relates to Iran and the Middle East. Since I've been hidden for saying this, I expect to be hidden every time I post with this sig.

by Black Mare on Mon Apr 28, 2014 at 01:38:30 PM PDT

•  People who sell weapons do, I guess. (2+ / 0-)
          Black Mare, OHdog

And there's probably people who believe they benefit, even if they don't.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Apr 28, 2014 at 01:50:27 PM PDT

•  Maybe certain Arab states? (1+ / 0-)
          Black Mare

That's a seriously dark cynical way of thinking, though.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Apr 28, 2014 at 01:51:06 PM PDT

•  Maybe dark and cynical, but (1+ / 0-)
            SouthernLiberalinMD

not at all beyond possibility :-(

by Black Mare on Mon Apr 28, 2014 at 02:05:12 PM PDT

•  Well, let's just say I hope not. (0+ / 0-)

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Apr 28, 2014 at 02:10:26 PM PDT

•  A much better question, given (0+ / 0-)

the Beltway Consensus:

Who woudn't have leaked it?

Dogs from the street can have all the desirable qualities that one could want from pet dogs. Most adopted stray dogs are usually humble and exceptionally faithful to their owners as if they are grateful for this kindness. -- H.M. Bhumibol Adulyadej

by corvo on Mon Apr 28, 2014 at 03:46:23 PM PDT

•  The Consensus is a little shakier these days (0+ / 0-)

than usual.

AIPAC has suffered two losses in recent days, and, from what I hear, they ain't happy.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Tue Apr 29, 2014 at 08:47:26 AM PDT

•  Not so sure AIPAC has lost on this one. (1+ / 0-)
            SouthernLiberalinMD

Kerry has already issued a retraction/apology.  His head may yet roll, who knows.

by corvo on Tue Apr 29, 2014 at 10:32:07 AM PDT

•  Talking about the wars in Syria and Iran (0+ / 0-)

we're supposed to be fighting already.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Tue Apr 29, 2014 at 04:38:31 PM PDT

•  But we are fighting them already. (0+ / 0-)

Just not with ground troops.

by corvo on Tue Apr 29, 2014 at 08:09:39 PM PDT

•  Some would call that a more than slight difference (1+ / 0-)
                  SouthernLiberalinMD

in situations.

"Stay close to the candles....the staircase can be treacherous" (-8.38,-8.51)

by JNEREBEL on Wed Apr 30, 2014 at 09:07:09 AM PDT

•  situations, yes; intentions, no. n/t (0+ / 0-)

by corvo on Wed Apr 30, 2014 at 09:26:59 AM PDT

•  Disagree. Intentions are certainly magnified (1+ / 0-)
                      SouthernLiberalinMD

when one's own ground troops are involved.

"Stay close to the candles....the staircase can be treacherous" (-8.38,-8.51)

by JNEREBEL on Wed Apr 30, 2014 at 10:17:11 AM PDT

•  you confuse degree with kind n/t (0+ / 0-)

by corvo on Wed Apr 30, 2014 at 10:31:32 AM PDT

• Barack Obama (28)
  • Media (28)
  • Republicans (27)
  • Civil Rights (26)
  • Law (24)
  • Labor (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Economy (21)
  • Congress (20)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site