View Diary: This Threat to Net Neutrality Makes FCC Fast Lanes Look Like Child's Play (130 comments)

•  Why is this a surprise? (1+ / 0-)
    Bluefin

D or R - it doesn't matter from a Corporate perspective.  The same pro-1% / Predator Elite policies get advanced.

Hell, just look at Obama's Industry Lobbyist pick for FCC Chair.  Oh, I'm sure he did his best to fight against the Industry that he lobbied for.. of course he did.

And the D base?  Why, they'll blame it on everyone but Obama / D.

And the Predator Elite's agenda will continue to be advanced without a pause.

The Kabuki Theater of the Absurd will continue with its asinine productions of D vs. R and most of the electorate will clap their asses off for whichever flavor / team they happen to be rooting for.

There is no restraint on Corporations or the Predator Elite which control them.  None.

While folks were busy with the D. vs. R and social issue battles, the Predator Elite Happily swooped in, consolidated forces, and captured every aspect of our government.

And the games go on...

The 1% are Purists: They only support Candidates that Deliver Results They Can Bank On. Don't they know they should compromise? /sarcasm

by Johnathan Ivan on Fri May 02, 2014 at 07:40:48 AM PDT

•  I've checked your history (1+ / 0-)
      ontheleftcoast

And you have said absolutely zilch about democrats that is positive. Would you like to tell me who you vote for? Bc this is a website to elect democrats in case you haven't noticed.

I love president Obama!!!

by freakofsociety on Fri May 02, 2014 at 10:47:20 AM PDT

•  Let's not... (1+ / 0-)
        Johnathan Ivan

...shit up the diary with another round of rox/sux.  Plenty of other diaries for that.  Thanks!

And frankly, he's right.  This has been a decades long issue, encompassing multiple industries, partisan politics be damned.

Everyday Magic

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
        -- Clarke's Third Law

by The Technomancer on Fri May 02, 2014 at 11:01:48 AM PDT

•  This isn't rox/sucks (1+ / 0-)
          The Technomancer

This persons behavior is very trollish. But it's your diary so I'll shut up.

I love president Obama!!!

by freakofsociety on Fri May 02, 2014 at 11:06:29 AM PDT

•  I appreciate it. (0+ / 0-)

Thanks!

Everyday Magic

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
            -- Clarke's Third Law

by The Technomancer on Fri May 02, 2014 at 11:15:20 AM PDT

•  No, what I'm trying to do is present some very (1+ / 0-)
            The Technomancer

inconvenient and difficult to internalize facts:

1 - Corporate Candidates will advance a Corporate Agenda

2 - Corporations, unleashed, will behave in a Predatory slash-and-burn manner

3 - Corporations' behavior in today's age is exactly what it should be - there are no checks against their power;  In fact, the government is often an avid partner in advancing their agenda

4 - Corporations don't give a damn if someone adopts the (D) or (R) flavor, so long as they advance the correct agenda

5 - Repeatedly, daily, we see evidence that our Predator Elites & their Corporate Entities are absolutely out of control - and we rail, impotently against them, shaking our fist - and then dutifully lining up to support corporate candidates - then act angry when said corporations do exactly as they are designed to do

This diary presents information pertaining to just such Predatory behavior.  I'm merely adding context as to how this is occurring and why corporations successfully advance such predatory agendas.

There is a pattern.  It is consistent.  It will not change until enough of the electorate wakes up and refuses to blindly support candidates based on what marketing flavor they wear.

by Johnathan Ivan on Fri May 02, 2014 at 04:58:04 PM PDT

•  He's written that about every issue (0+ / 0-)

Not just this one, btw.

I love president Obama!!!

by freakofsociety on Fri May 02, 2014 at 11:11:22 AM PDT

•  Ah! That good ol' defense / challenge... (2+ / 0-)
        roonie, allenjo

Let me tell you who I don't vote for:

I no longer vote for corporate candidates.  Period.  I don't give a damn about the excuses, I don't buy them any more.

I bought into them for the final time, back in 2008.  I'm awake now.  And I realize that supporting the same Corporate / Pro-Predator Elite will do absolutely nothing for "better" Democrats.

Just more of the same.

Hey, on a different topic:  How do you feel about the Trans Pacific Partnership that the head of the Democratic Party has been pushing & trying to keep secret?

And that's what blind obedience leads to:  Corporate Candidates that don't give a damn about what the "base" thinks - why should they?  They'll get the votes any way.

by Johnathan Ivan on Fri May 02, 2014 at 11:02:31 AM PDT