View Diary: Insomniacs Vent Hole w/ Craig Ferguson! (39 comments)

•  I would never "bait" in this diary series. (2+ / 0-)
    Man Oh Man, dsb

Our vote had to do with an 18th century term, "violate" and the understanding that people in the 21st century cohabitate before they are divorced.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 09:52:15 PM PDT

•  And yet... (3+ / 0-)
      commonmass, MTmofo, dsb

I'll rise to the bait.
      If you "...felt that it was none of my business but it was MADE my business", then why must you make it any business of ours?

All sane people detest noise. Mark Twain

by Man Oh Man on Wed May 07, 2014 at 09:58:34 PM PDT

•  I have read both of the above. (3+ / 0-)
      Man Oh Man, commonmass, dsb

I know you can be dogged and vociferous in presenting your case.

We have crowd/group sourced preferences of comportment for the IVH.  Someone unaware of them, because they ignored them, can decide to engage.  That is problematic.

Please, take this story elsewhere.

I ask, backed by the completely powerless authority I have, as the Blog Admin. and a friend.

Please.

"Go well through life"-Me (As far as I know)
      This message will self-destruct upon arrival in the NSA archives in Utah.

by MTmofo on Wed May 07, 2014 at 10:04:19 PM PDT

•  I will. Stay out of Anglican Kossacsks (0+ / 0-)

for the same reason.

Thanks. I just got expelled, but never voted for anyone else to be. For any reason.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 10:07:32 PM PDT

•  You seem hellbent... (2+ / 0-)
          commonmass, dsb

on slinging some shit around here.
          Nobody gets expelled.
          And don't ever tell any Kossack where they
          may or may not be welcome on this site.
          Ever.

All sane people detest noise. Mark Twain

by Man Oh Man on Wed May 07, 2014 at 10:12:48 PM PDT

•  I admin my group, too. (1+ / 0-)
            dsb

I find it deeply interesting that no one has asked me why I am feeling so deeply conflicted about a vote I had to make and why I would bring it up.

I know this is a non-serious diary, but I had to do something really difficult.

So I'm talking about it. I'm learning whom are my friends and whom are not.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 10:18:31 PM PDT

•  You wonder why... (3+ / 0-)
              commonmass, dsb, sallym

we don't care about things that are none of our business?
              And your perception of apathy is some kind of measure of friends?
              Please.

All sane people detest noise. Mark Twain

by Man Oh Man on Wed May 07, 2014 at 10:26:15 PM PDT

•  I was so embarrassed. (0+ / 0-)

Totally, and completely embarrassed, that a brother would bring this to this level and the I would have to hear all of this. It was an abuse of Grand Lodge.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 10:28:18 PM PDT

•  I find it deeply interesting... (2+ / 0-)
                  commonmass, dsb

that as a musician (and a composer)
                  you appear to be tone deaf
                  to what we are saying.
                  Please take it somewhere else
                  and come back to join in
                  the frivolity and silliness
                  in which this diary is offered.

All sane people detest noise. Mark Twain

by Man Oh Man on Wed May 07, 2014 at 10:34:48 PM PDT

•  And I get it, and find it interesting that (1+ / 0-)
                    dsb

you are disinterested in what's going on with me.

One does learn who their friends are.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 10:47:00 PM PDT

•  I like silliness, but I have 8 dollars to my name. (1+ / 0-)
                    dsb

Why, in general, would I get "serious" here? One, because it got serious and I find it difficult to make decisions about other people's life, as if on a jury and THAT is what I had to do.

Second, because I wanted to share with my friends here that I was somewhat conflicted. Yeah, it's supposed to be funny.

But it haunts me. Community feedback seems to be, "we don't care about you unless you're funny".

Sorry, I thought you were my friends.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 10:51:29 PM PDT

•  Every once in a while... (2+ / 0-)
                      commonmass, dsb

in taverns I've been to, the band is playing their "soft set" and some guy keeps yelling "FREEBIRDDAMNIT".
                      When, finally he is asked to "Go on home, man. You're just too much for right now. Come on back tomorrow. We still love ya, but...".
                      We are still your friends here.

All sane people detest noise. Mark Twain

by Man Oh Man on Wed May 07, 2014 at 11:03:05 PM PDT

•  Thanks, but I still am conflicted (2+ / 0-)
                        Man Oh Man, dsb

about that. I shouldn't have brought it here, but that was the most difficult thing I have ever had to be a part of.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 11:06:15 PM PDT

•  Have you... (2+ / 0-)
                          commonmass, dsb

addressed the subject with the other Brothers here?
                          I have no point of reference with which I can understand the hierarchy of the organization and your problems with their decisions. They run the show and you don't like their ways of conducting business.

And I think, knowing you like I do, you may have faced other things in life which were more difficult than this.

All sane people detest noise. Mark Twain

by Man Oh Man on Wed May 07, 2014 at 11:21:06 PM PDT

•  No, but I have never had to face that. (0+ / 0-)

We had serious business to attend to and it became all about that. It made me feel dirty. And angry, because it was, I suppose, a legitimate issue, but one that should have stopped at Blue Lodge (it did) and the issue was pressed to two votes in front of dignitaries (who, of course, did not have a vote) from two Canadian provinces and several other Grand Lodges around New England and environs.

I really wish we would have spent more time on philanthopy and other reasons why we were there.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 11:45:59 PM PDT

•  I'm sorry I brought it here. It just haunts me.n/t (1+ / 0-)
                            TheMomCat

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 11:48:19 PM PDT

•  A friend is a mechanic... (1+ / 0-)
                            commonmass

Up on his wall is a little poster about going fast.
                            It is the racers definition of weight.
                            "If it does not make you go faster, stop quicker, or turn sharper, it is extra weight."
                            Perhaps you should divest yourself of this...
                            at least for now.
                            The extra weight will slow you down.
                            Just a thought.

All sane people detest noise. Mark Twain

by Man Oh Man on Wed May 07, 2014 at 11:55:09 PM PDT

•  My heart is in my Blue Lodge. (2+ / 0-)
                            dsb, TheMomCat

Please forgive me for bringing it up.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 11:57:26 PM PDT

•  Oh, go on now... (2+ / 0-)
                            commonmass, dsb

There is nothing to forgive.
                            And there is always tomorrow.
                            Let it go.

All sane people detest noise. Mark Twain

by Man Oh Man on Thu May 08, 2014 at 12:00:57 AM PDT

•  Thanks for understanding and also for (2+ / 0-)
                            Man Oh Man, TheMomCat

giving me some sense. I'm going to see all sorts of things I don't like. In five years, you may call me "Worshipful Master". ;)

by commonmass on Thu May 08, 2014 at 12:05:16 AM PDT

•  Old saw... (1+ / 0-)
                            dsb

Change what you can.
                            Accept what you can't.
                            Know the difference.

All sane people detest noise. Mark Twain

by Man Oh Man on Thu May 08, 2014 at 12:10:09 AM PDT

•  Sounds better... (1+ / 0-)
                            dsb

if you read that in the voice of Festus.
                            "Shucks and fiddledeedee...
                            G'wan now 'n let it just go, don't ya see?"

All sane people detest noise. Mark Twain

by Man Oh Man on Thu May 08, 2014 at 12:06:18 AM PDT

•  Of course, we discussed it, I should say. (1+ / 0-)
                            dsb

The man in question, at the end of the day was not expelled.

30 years a Mason and for most of them an officer.

I understand my obligations, but I see this as an abuse on both sides of it and it should not have dominated the Annual Communication of the G. L.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 11:54:28 PM PDT

•  This whole discussion thread is just plain weird, (0+ / 0-)

to me. (Not the comment I'm replying to, in particular. But the whole thread.)

Masons? Do they still exist (beside the canning-jars)? Pretending that they are important, outside of Italy?

Some group of people digging into and judging the intimate private life of someone else, with fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms? How Congregation-for-the-Doctrine-of-the-Faith-y.

Posting back-and-forth about it on a public blog which aims to elect better and more Democrats?

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition! :-)

Fetch... the soft cushions and comfy chair!