View Diary: Insomniacs Vent Hole w/ Craig Ferguson! (39 comments)

•  You wonder why... (3+ / 0-)
    commonmass, dsb, sallym

we don't care about things that are none of our business?
    And your perception of apathy is some kind of measure of friends?
    Please.

All sane people detest noise. Mark Twain

by Man Oh Man on Wed May 07, 2014 at 10:26:15 PM PDT

•  I was so embarrassed. (0+ / 0-)

Totally, and completely embarrassed, that a brother would bring this to this level and the I would have to hear all of this. It was an abuse of Grand Lodge.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 10:28:18 PM PDT

•  I find it deeply interesting... (2+ / 0-)
        commonmass, dsb

that as a musician (and a composer)
        you appear to be tone deaf
        to what we are saying.
        Please take it somewhere else
        and come back to join in
        the frivolity and silliness
        in which this diary is offered.

All sane people detest noise. Mark Twain

by Man Oh Man on Wed May 07, 2014 at 10:34:48 PM PDT

•  And I get it, and find it interesting that (1+ / 0-)
          dsb

you are disinterested in what's going on with me.

One does learn who their friends are.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 10:47:00 PM PDT

•  I like silliness, but I have 8 dollars to my name. (1+ / 0-)
          dsb

Why, in general, would I get "serious" here? One, because it got serious and I find it difficult to make decisions about other people's life, as if on a jury and THAT is what I had to do.

Second, because I wanted to share with my friends here that I was somewhat conflicted. Yeah, it's supposed to be funny.

But it haunts me. Community feedback seems to be, "we don't care about you unless you're funny".

Sorry, I thought you were my friends.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 10:51:29 PM PDT

•  Every once in a while... (2+ / 0-)
            commonmass, dsb

in taverns I've been to, the band is playing their "soft set" and some guy keeps yelling "FREEBIRDDAMNIT".
            When, finally he is asked to "Go on home, man. You're just too much for right now. Come on back tomorrow. We still love ya, but...".
            We are still your friends here.

All sane people detest noise. Mark Twain

by Man Oh Man on Wed May 07, 2014 at 11:03:05 PM PDT

•  Thanks, but I still am conflicted (2+ / 0-)
              Man Oh Man, dsb

about that. I shouldn't have brought it here, but that was the most difficult thing I have ever had to be a part of.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 11:06:15 PM PDT

•  Have you... (2+ / 0-)
                commonmass, dsb

addressed the subject with the other Brothers here?
                I have no point of reference with which I can understand the hierarchy of the organization and your problems with their decisions. They run the show and you don't like their ways of conducting business.

And I think, knowing you like I do, you may have faced other things in life which were more difficult than this.

All sane people detest noise. Mark Twain

by Man Oh Man on Wed May 07, 2014 at 11:21:06 PM PDT

•  No, but I have never had to face that. (0+ / 0-)

We had serious business to attend to and it became all about that. It made me feel dirty. And angry, because it was, I suppose, a legitimate issue, but one that should have stopped at Blue Lodge (it did) and the issue was pressed to two votes in front of dignitaries (who, of course, did not have a vote) from two Canadian provinces and several other Grand Lodges around New England and environs.

I really wish we would have spent more time on philanthopy and other reasons why we were there.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 11:45:59 PM PDT

•  I'm sorry I brought it here. It just haunts me.n/t (1+ / 0-)
                  TheMomCat

SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 11:48:19 PM PDT

•  Of course, we discussed it, I should say. (1+ / 0-)
                  dsb

The man in question, at the end of the day was not expelled.

30 years a Mason and for most of them an officer.

I understand my obligations, but I see this as an abuse on both sides of it and it should not have dominated the Annual Communication of the G. L.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

by commonmass on Wed May 07, 2014 at 11:54:28 PM PDT

•  This whole discussion thread is just plain weird, (0+ / 0-)

to me. (Not the comment I'm replying to, in particular. But the whole thread.)

Masons? Do they still exist (beside the canning-jars)? Pretending that they are important, outside of Italy?

Some group of people digging into and judging the intimate private life of someone else, with fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms? How Congregation-for-the-Doctrine-of-the-Faith-y.

Posting back-and-forth about it on a public blog which aims to elect better and more Democrats?

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition! :-)

Fetch... the soft cushions and comfy chair!