View Diary: The hell with an assault rifle. I want a gunboat. (95 comments)

•  Shotgun it is (3+ / 0-)

I think you sound like GREAT company. Only you'll have to lose the camo (though you can design new water-predominant camo if you like.)

A beggar on horseback lashes a beggar on foot. The beggars change places, but the lash goes on. --WB Yeats

by kestrel sparhawk on Sat May 10, 2014 at 02:47:16 PM PDT

•  Wouldn't water camo work against you (3+ / 0-)

if you fell overboard?

If I ran this circus, things would be DIFFERENT!

by CwV on Sat May 10, 2014 at 03:15:52 PM PDT

•  I'd actually compare a copperhead's outfit (1+ / 0-)
      Cadillac64

to a dark camo. Scary little b____s.
      But I can let it go. Anything to get the show on the road.

Thanks for the compliment. I am great company. Just a little crazy and you do want me on your side in a war.

If I wasn't Bob Dylan, I'd probably think that Bob Dylan has a lot of answers myself. Bob Dylan

by weezilgirl on Sat May 10, 2014 at 03:55:27 PM PDT

•  Had to google images... (0+ / 0-)

Not personally being acquainted with any (which is good!) but their colors appear to vary. some quite lovely. The blackish ones would probably provide good camo for the NW, at least in the winter months.

So, being a good captain, I'll reverse myself without warning. After all, this IS a militia.

by kestrel sparhawk on Sat May 10, 2014 at 07:15:14 PM PDT

•  A good homegrown militia makes good decisions. (0+ / 0-)

Emphasis on "homegrown".

by weezilgirl on Sat May 10, 2014 at 07:32:17 PM PDT

•  Well, there goes that fantasy, then. (1+ / 0-)
            weezilgirl

I was basing mine on the militias already in operation.

by kestrel sparhawk on Sat May 10, 2014 at 08:43:28 PM PDT

•  I wasn't clear..that is why you are the captain (1+ / 0-)
              kestrel sparhawk

and I am the  mere scout who  could get shot first  by one of 'them militia types'.oops, getting into character too soon.

by weezilgirl on Sat May 10, 2014 at 09:32:23 PM PDT

•  So you're volunteering to be a human shield? (1+ / 0-)
                kestrel sparhawk

There is patriotism in not waiting to be drafted.

This is the country of those three great rights: freedom of conscience, freedom of speech, and the wisdom never to exercise either of them. -- Mark Twain.

by JJustin on Sun May 11, 2014 at 02:41:16 PM PDT

•  I was taught from an early age to (1+ / 0-)
                  RiveroftheWest

salute the flag, eat apple pie and someday become a mother. I have no qualms about adding hoist  with my own petard to my duties. (I had to look up the  wording about the petard. I've always gone with "throw myself upon my own sword".) It all comes out the same and  I volunteer to be a human shield. (I am feeling very patriotic.)

by weezilgirl on Sun May 11, 2014 at 06:49:47 PM PDT

•  I am grateful for your research (2+ / 0-)
                    weezilgirl, RiveroftheWest

Couldn't tell you what a petard is, but promise I'll look it up when we get some Tall Ship gunboats.

Volunteering, however? Very unmilitary tradition....

by kestrel sparhawk on Sun May 11, 2014 at 11:25:27 PM PDT

•   I was born to serve and protect. (1+ / 0-)
                      RiveroftheWest

Or protect and serve, whichever comes first.

by weezilgirl on Mon May 12, 2014 at 01:48:10 PM PDT

•  A question that I feel is very important.. (1+ / 0-)
                      RiveroftheWest

What are you doing staying up so late? Captains should be rested and  assured   they can perform their duties. The underlings get very nervous to see their superiors falling down on their jobs. (Much less their own petards.)

by weezilgirl on Mon May 12, 2014 at 01:51:42 PM PDT

•  That's why you're more patriotic than I, and (2+ / 0-)

are willing to volunteer: it's in the apple pie (probably the spices).

I prefer pumpkin pie, which is why I'll back up your patriotic stance while hoping to avoid the draft should it try to hunt me down.

by JJustin on Tue May 13, 2014 at 01:39:37 PM PDT

•  Apple pie spices are the best. So are pumpkin pie (0+ / 0-)

spices.

A perfume of both  spices  would be great. In fact you could wear a lot of it and probably escape the draft.

by weezilgirl on Tue May 13, 2014 at 10:12:30 PM PDT