View Diary: The New York Times Busted Lying Through its Teeth (301 comments)

•  On the other hand (2+ / 0-)
    sendtheasteroid, gooderservice

As small donations dry up and big donations go to Repubs, it's bad for Dems. If only they understood that the lack of genuine passion that they show and appear to feel and their inability or unwillingness to fight for what the party's supposed to stand for is a major reason that donations are down and not enough Dems vote. There's a serious passion gap between the parties that the overpaid millionaire Professional Democrats who run the party and will do fine no matter what don't get or care about. They need to be primaried.

"Reagan's dead, and he was a lousy president" -- Keith Olbermann 4/22/09

by kovie on Fri May 16, 2014 at 03:51:43 PM PDT

•  $3 X 3 (3+ / 0-)
      mlozaouk, Lword2, enufenuf

When I get a chance to have my lousy $3 tripled, I donate.  I use Act Blue because I can use Paypal and not be typing my CC # to who-knows-who?  Maybe I'm being duped, but I don't care.  Hell, I've donated to Kos at Act Blue!  I don't fall for every CRISIS message I get, but I've donated to people I believe in, like Elizabeth Warren and Brian Schatz.  And these two Dems are A+.  Not donating because ALL Dems aren't as true blue as we'd like is as lame an excuse as not voting "in protest," IMHO.  You're just making yourself impotent either way.  I probably won't ever have the government I want, but I'll keep trying, baby step after baby step.

Enjoying the Age of Aquarius so far?

by sendtheasteroid on Fri May 16, 2014 at 04:59:05 PM PDT

•  I think that's an inspiring message to get someone (0+ / 0-)

to donate to candidates by outright stating they have a lame excuse, also calling someone impotent.

I sincerely hope you're not knocking on doors or making phone calls to get people to donate their hard-earned dollars, especially to a politician that will in no way have the voter's best interest at heart.

Dallasdoc: "Snowden is the natural successor to Osama bin Laden as the most consequential person in the world, as his actions have the potential to undo those taken in response to Osama."

by gooderservice on Fri May 16, 2014 at 05:09:14 PM PDT

•  I'm Not Trying (0+ / 0-)

to get people to donate.  I'm just saying that's a lame excuse not to donate.  It's sorta a variation on why Gopers don't want to help the poor---they don't deserve it.  So I'm saying that it's worth a try to improve things a little.  If you don't think so---don't give a buck.

Enjoying the Age of Aquarius so far?

by sendtheasteroid on Fri May 16, 2014 at 06:11:55 PM PDT

•  BTW (0+ / 0-)

We consider ourselves well represented by Mazie Hirono, Brian Schatz and Tulsi Gabbard.  We hope to see other districts have the same level of representation.  Brian was appointed so will be running in the mid-terms.  We will be supporting him---might even have a sign in our yard.

Have you given up completely?

Enjoying the Age of Aquarius so far?

by sendtheasteroid on Fri May 16, 2014 at 06:52:14 PM PDT

•  I'm the fringe. They don't want nor need anything (0+ / 0-)

from me, so I'm good.