View Diary: WaPo Breaking: US to prosecute China for Cycberspying (77 comments)

•  What are you, China's tech industry's ad agency? (2+ / 0-)
    realnrh, OIL GUY

Why are you spamming me with random exclamations about the awesomeness of Chinese tech?

What is any of this supposed to have to do with anything I wrote, or anything reported in the diary?

Did you just have some prepared talking points burning a hole in your pocket, and decide a reply to my comment was a good place to post them?

Or is this just a deflection because you don't want to answer the point I brought up?

Oh, and if any of those other country's cares to build a case against any individuals in the NSA for industrial hacking, have at it. Good luck with that.

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Mon May 19, 2014 at 07:17:40 AM PDT

•  What are friend for? (3+ / 0-)
      CenPhx, koNko, stevemb
      I'd like to see that.  Our Justice Dept won't move on it.

Be the change you want to see in the world. -Gandhi

by DRo on Mon May 19, 2014 at 08:01:15 AM PDT

•  No. (8+ / 0-)

I work for a Japanese tech company for 20+ years and we work with virtually all major IT infrastructure OEMs so I do have some actual back gound here.

And I attended University in the USA and have lots of classmates and colleagues fro China, Japan, Korea, USA, Sweden, Finland, UK, Germany and other places.

Like I said, it is a global business with global research so actually, I find these nationalistic arguments pretty lame.

Who started this anyway?  I cannot recall this as a subject of the diary?  If this discussion bothers you, why did you kick it off?

No one is coming to save us, the future is in our hands.

by koNko on Mon May 19, 2014 at 08:07:48 AM PDT

•  What are you talking about? (1+ / 0-)
        poco

Do you have me confused with that Sky Net guy who posted before me?

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Mon May 19, 2014 at 09:23:58 AM PDT

•  Obviously I was answering your previous comment (1+ / 0-)
          DeadHead

Sky net is not even on this thread.

No one is coming to save us, the future is in our hands.

by koNko on Mon May 19, 2014 at 09:55:04 AM PDT

•  No, not obviously. That makes no sense. (1+ / 0-)
            poco

Nothing you wrote has the slightest connection to what you're replying to, and the "nationalist argument" you were talking about wasn't made by me.

I think you're a little confused.

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Mon May 19, 2014 at 10:21:09 AM PDT

•  OK (2+ / 0-)
              stevemb, truong son traveler
              What are you, China's tech industry's ad agency?

My comment answers this.

That was answered by the diary itself and comments attached.

Given the scope of US spying including extensive industrial espionage, including against Chinese (linked at top of diary), and remarkably US companies (linked at top of diary), your response suggests you are either poorly informed or living in denial.

"Have at it".  Is that like "Bring it on"?

Now you are George Bush in a jumpsuit?

No one is coming to save us, the future is in our hands.

by koNko on Mon May 19, 2014 at 07:01:22 PM PDT

•  Actually you are peddling the talking points. (4+ / 0-)

The positions you will take in any diary related to these issues is so predictable I almost don't have to read them anymore.

Since you are so active in these diaries, why don't you publish one for a change and put forth your thesis on the subject?

As an aspiring teacher it could be good exercise.

Interesting how the NSA cheerleaders never seem to actually produce much but predictable comments that drone on from diary to diary.

Surely if you are going to put hundreds of comments into a topic you should some sort of platform. Or why bother?

What's holding you back? Seriously.

No one is coming to save us, the future is in our hands.

by koNko on Mon May 19, 2014 at 10:07:25 AM PDT

•  I've never written a comment about ind. spying. (1+ / 0-)
        poco

Man, you are just a mess.

You seem to have invented an entire backstory based on nothing but what you want to be arguing against.

This is turning into something very much like a Monty Python sketch. We left behind the topic of industrial espionage some time ago, and entered into Internet Guy Getting Back At Other Internet Guy.

You have fun with that.

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Mon May 19, 2014 at 10:24:48 AM PDT

•  "related to these issues" (0+ / 0-)

Seems to suggest commentary that isn't limited to the specific type of spying you claim to have never written a comment about.

Man, you are just a mess.

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us. ~ Garcia

by DeadHead on Mon May 19, 2014 at 11:08:28 AM PDT