View Diary: 'American Spring' organizers baffled as to where their 10-30 million 'patriots' went (386 comments)

•  Don't worry, we can't ridicule these aholes enough (13+ / 0-)

"Jika Anda membutuhkan produk untuk meningkatkan kualitas hubungan seksual Anda atau membutuhkan produk obat pembesar penis!" - Bintangpasutri

by Fordmandalay on Mon May 19, 2014 at 03:05:53 PM PDT

•  Every time (1+ / 0-)
      Stude Dude

you ridicules this sort of thing another person decides that liberalism is arrogant and decides to vote GOP

•  and every time rush limbaugh, sean hannity, (39+ / 0-)

glenn beck, bill o'reilly, mark levin, steve king, michele bachmann, louis gohmert or any of the myriad politicians, radio and tv talkers opens their mouth, we get 10 or 20 back because they show that conservativism is nothing but hate filled garbage.  I'll keep ridiculing them.

Thank you for your concern, though.

A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.' Douglas Adams

by dougymi on Mon May 19, 2014 at 03:49:22 PM PDT

•  AGREED! But why don't you teach a pig to sing? (2+ / 0-)
          QBee59, chalket

As Dougy says, your concern for the 'feelings' of these cretins is appreciated, but absolutely wasted on them. They have nothing that we might call 'feelings', they only feel the 'thrill of the kill', that rush of power you get when you're a top-notch predator and the prey is (!ALMOST!) in your talons, in your teeth, in your claws, you're salivating the taste is so close, blood makes noise (it's a ringing in your ears) and POUN----oops, it dodged -- precipice --

However, even now in freefall, the RW nutjob predator will deny the existence of gravity or failure or impending ouches on the jagged rocks now gleefully rushing to embrace his (or ?her) enlightened, saved self. None of these things matter to the RW predator, because (a) it's rich and above the law and God is on its side and nothing else matters, and (b) ... hm, see (a).

Our ridicule of the Right Wing Nutjob can't possibly hurt our cause because (since geology, archaeology, biology, history, anatomy, natural selection, gravity and a solar-centric round Earth don't exist or are still only 'theories') we can pretty-much take it for granted that they aren't allowed by their handlers to react to little pinpricks of honesty like these! We don't exist, we don't fit into their little world of Ayn Randies, even if they have no idea what Ayn Rand is even about.

So: mock on, my brethren, mock on with passion and glee, for the mighty, invincible GOP juggernaut doesn't believe in us and doesn't care that we exist ... they only care about the money.

All we have to do is show up on Election Day in numbers better than they do, and they'll scream like the castrated minks they are, all the way to the Supreme Court about fraud and hanging chads and "not-fair not-fair, they promised us we'd win and when we outnumbered everybody else it wouldn't matter what anybody thought, we could get away with it!"

But the day of the old fat ugly WASP buying everything with impunity has at least been exposed for what it is ... an attempted coup d'etat ... and the only question remaining is, are we in time to stop it? (I still stand by my #2 Political Battle Cry: "BRING BACK THE GUILLOTINE!") (Bankers first, then their corrupt grubs in government.)

rMoney never even wrote a concession speech, they were that sure of themselves! It pole-axed them, they still haven't recovered from the utter shock and awe. The Koch Bros need to go bankrupt on this campaign, to no avail.

I remember an old saying: "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig."

MOCK ON! Do you really think the pigs are paying attention? But the rest of us are entertained and - more importantly - informed and motivated. Mocking the enemy unites us as only Americans can appreciate (as long as the Koch Krew don't buy the 1st Amendment!) because we have the freedom to mock our leaders.

And our wannabees.

At least, we do now.

•  I almost really hope ... (0+ / 0-)

that I have to break my #1 Political Battle Cry out again. It's a nice double-entendre, a tiny red/white/blue lapel button that I have worn three too many times so far, that serves as political statement and sexual preference:

"LICK BUSH"

The reason I almost really hope the RW tries to run Jeb on name alone is that they don't 'get it' that the Bush legacy is unearthed. Rotten to the core and painting feet in a running bathtub ... ayup, this whole clan is pResidential material. (Hey, Jeb, where'd all the gold in WTC7 go? You were in charge of security ...)

•  Are you sure about that? (12+ / 0-)

I mean, really sure?

Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

by The Termite on Mon May 19, 2014 at 04:02:17 PM PDT

•  DKOS should be shut down then (16+ / 0-)

Can you imagine how many MILLIONS of Republican voters this site alone has been responsible for creating in the last week alone?? The mind boggles.

by Fordmandalay on Mon May 19, 2014 at 05:15:11 PM PDT

•  so what should we do? agree with it? (6+ / 0-)

trying to reason with them is not working

Politics is like driving. To go backward put it in R. To go forward put it in D.
        DEMAND CREATES JOBS!!!
        Drop by The Grieving Room on Monday nights to talk about grief.

by TrueBlueMajority on Mon May 19, 2014 at 05:57:40 PM PDT

•  Lead by (0+ / 0-)

example, the same way we parent well.

•  what does that even mean (0+ / 0-)

DEMAND CREATES JOBS!!!
            Drop by The Grieving Room on Monday nights to talk about grief.

by TrueBlueMajority on Tue May 20, 2014 at 08:38:12 PM PDT

•  It's not a difficult concept. (0+ / 0-)

Teaching by example is an easy thing really.  Live what you preach and if it really is a better way others will see that.

Parents will know that preaching to kids means little but when they see our actions and the benefits of those actions they do pay attention.

I see too many so called environmentalists who preach but do not live their convictions.  I see environmental scientists who live on salt water and build walls that harm fish.   I see too many driving to work alone in a large SUV.  I see people patronizing businesses that do not pay a livable wage.  I see environmentalists who live in huge places with giant footprints.

Please understand I am not accusing you but instead just explaining my statement as you asked.

We all have to make choices and often they can be difficult. Example:  My state of WA happens to grow the most amazing local strawberries and I usually pretty much overdose on them during their short season.  Last year there were protests by migrant workers outside of my local natural food markets who sell these berries.  It seems few if any of these workers get even minimum wage for their work.  (BTW the cost of these berries of about three times the cost for average imported berries)

I walked around the market with a flat of berries for about 20 minutes.   Oh they smelled heavenly.   I out them back.  Then I went and picked them up again.  Put them back again and RAN out of the store.

I will buy no more berries unless I go the field and pick them myself.  That sucks because I am rather busy but I simply will not fulfill my wants on the poverty of others.
              So do you see that I mean by setting an example?

Change does not happen overnight but every day more and more people change their thinking and their lifestyles just a tiny bit.  Instead of denigrating the right try showing them the benefit of better choices.  Share your wealth not just your opinion.

The left needs to learn that they have about as much chance of legislating morality as does the right; that’s ZERO chance.

•  i understand the concept in general perfectly well (0+ / 0-)

i just don't know how you are suggesting we apply it in this particular situation with these particular republicons

DEMAND CREATES JOBS!!!
                Drop by The Grieving Room on Monday nights to talk about grief.

by TrueBlueMajority on Wed May 21, 2014 at 05:01:22 PM PDT

•  Because (0+ / 0-)

ridicule and hate never won over anyone.  It's why Reagan was elected.

•  first of all, ridicule & hate win voters every day (1+ / 0-)
                    jbsoul

perhaps you haven't seen any Rcon campaign ads lately

but "it's why Reagan was elected" loses me completely.

I was alive and politically aware then and that's not how I remember it.

Carter lost in 1980 for two reasons:  a poor economy and the Iranian hostage crisis.

Rs lied to people about Rcon plans to revive the economy.  Mo(u)rning in America worked because people were desperate to believe in the "rosy scenario" Rs promised.  The economy is still trying to recover from those disastrous ideas.

Furthermore, Reagan's operatives worked behind the scenes to prevent the hostages from being released in the month before the election, and Iran wanted Reagan as president in part because they feared Carter and Democrats would encourage conservation and reduce oil imports.

And, by the way, those extremist criticisms of Reagan and his cronies were true and are still being proven true in 2014.

If the emperor has no clothes, fear of ridiculing him is not a good enough reason to be silent.  Sometimes you have to speak the truth even when it is inconvenient.

DEMAND CREATES JOBS!!!
                    Drop by The Grieving Room on Monday nights to talk about grief.

by TrueBlueMajority on Thu May 22, 2014 at 07:18:17 AM PDT

•  When you're dealing with sociopaths, which is the (2+ / 0-)
            QBee59, TrueBlueMajority

sum total of the membership of the republican party and the entire right wing nowdays, leading by example just gets your throat cut from behind.

Sociopaths don't respond to the things that would work with normal, conscience-driven people.

For some reason, you seem to want our voices here silenced...  can't imagine why...

•  THIS times infinity (1+ / 0-)
              Silverheels

DEMAND CREATES JOBS!!!
              Drop by The Grieving Room on Monday nights to talk about grief.

by TrueBlueMajority on Wed May 21, 2014 at 05:01:53 PM PDT

•  When this truth becomes more widely known, (1+ / 0-)
                TrueBlueMajority

the republican party and their uglier and crazier sister the tea party will shrivel up and boing... disappear from the face of the earth.

Most people think that in order to qualify as a sociopath, one must be a serial killer or a serial rapist.  The truth is, there are lots of sociopaths out there who have discovered politics as a way to get their jollies hurting others, doing terrible things, and (oh joy for them) get filthy rich doing so.

Most sociopaths don't rape or murder.  They just make their children (most especially, their children) their relatives, their wives, neighbors, coworkers, and pretty much anyone they come into contact with regret ever setting eyes on them.

I think that taking the MMPI exam should be a universal requirement, before anyone can become a candidate for appointed or elected office.

Right now, sociopaths, aka republicans, are pretty much running  and ruining our country and if they remain in power our destruction is intevitable.

If a law went into effect right now, magically, that no diagnosed sociopath could hold elected or appointed office in our country; at least half of our House, half the SCOTUS, and nearly half of the Senate would be empty.

•  Not the way I see it. When people see these nuts (20+ / 0-)

under the microscope and see what a total mess they are it only adds to the liberal numbers.

At any rate this does not compare in the least to the kind of mean-spiritedness that cons show. Nothing compares to being called completely "evil" and a "minion of Satan." Or even getting called a "communist" just because I am disabled.

Beyond that whatever liberals can say to hurt the T-Pubs isn't half as bad as what they do to themselves!

We are not the ones who make them say and do stupid things. They are. T-Pubs have in fact made a laughing- stock out of the whole Republican party.

When you have politicians who can't open their mouths without offending everyone and then act surprised when no one votes for them, what does that tell you about the Republican party?

The very fact that they are having seminars on how to speak "female" is downright embarrassing. The fact that the seminars are not giving them the right advice is even worse. So when any repub puts both feet in his mouth and chokes on them, T-Pubs claim that Obama and the liberals are at fault for making them "look bad" No way. Anyone can smell a pile of shit without anyone having to point it out to them.

And these people who are "protesting" are so embarrassing that even the right-wing media and politicians won't touch them.

Anyone that comes here and decides to vote GOP on the basis of one article is already a conservative. Anyone open to a change of heart would not be swayed by one article either way. They would do more reading.

If billionaires can afford to spend millions of dollars so that they can avoid paying taxes and fair wages, then they *can afford* to pay taxes and fair wages!

by Pixie5 on Mon May 19, 2014 at 07:05:00 PM PDT

•  Really? Where the 30 million are is simple.... (8+ / 0-)

They are in the minds of their leaders: Glenn, Rush, Karl, Michele, Sarah, Rand, Bill, Sean, Ann, Ted & Ted and whomever I might have missed.  Yup, those people can each furnish 5 million patriots who hang on their every word and would gladly show up in DC at the drop of a pork pie hat to support 'merica.  Then there's Cliven in NV.  He's got at least 6 mill in his head, something's sure squashing his brain.

Only one thing more impressive than their turnout, that's the spin they've come up with to explain their turnout.  I've seen it and heard it and I can't believe it's real.  wow.

•  I'm proof that you couldn't be more wrong.... (7+ / 0-)

I'm a 70 year old white woman in central Texas who considered myself to be an independent, a centrist, and basically apolitical, until republicans showed their true sociopathic core when they began TRYING, with no success whatever, to demean our new President and destroy his presidency.

It didn't take a year of watching the right disgrace themselves, prostitute a once-respectable political party in the service of every manner of extremism and evil that the right wing and tea party radicals could dream up; for me to know, with absolute certainly that never again, as long as I live, would I ever, not even once, not even for Colin Powell, cast a single vote for a republican candidate ever again.

Because of republicans, I donated to a political party for the first time ever, and it wasn't the republican party or the tea party.

I don't just dislike the right, I don't just disagree with your philosophy and policies, I now believe there isn't a word in any language that is negative or derogatory enough to adequately describe exactly how despicable, evil,  and offensive the right has become.

I have actually come to the conclusion that no one could identify themselves as a republican these days unless they are a sociopath, completely without a working conscience and a soul.

I read an earlier diary about this same (snicker) "takeover" that was published over the weekend and laughed my way through each and every post. There were tears rolling down my face for the entire time I was reading.

republicans are on the wrong side of everything. Period You would take us back to the Dark Ages if you could.

We won't go.

•  I think this^^^^ should be posted far and wide (2+ / 0-)
          penelope pnortney, VPofKarma

where every Republican can see it.

Thank you and Awoman, Silverheels!

A fo ben, bid bont. - Welsh proverb. ( translation: If you want to be a leader, be a bridge.)

by Gwennedd on Tue May 20, 2014 at 05:17:37 PM PDT

•  Here are two other little tidbits of encouragement (3+ / 0-)
            penelope pnortney, VPofKarma, QBee59

First, in the little town where I live, at the only post office where everyone goes for anything involving the postal system or immigration, there have been three or four times when I've gone there to find a group of right wing hate loonies set up on the public property in front of the only entrance.  Their props include at least two big posters with President Obama's face that has been defaced with a Hitler moustache, lots of large posters with wacko slogans  set up around them, and two or three loonies passing out fliers and accosting passersby.

Not once have I seen anyone, of any color, in this suppsoedly right-wing little town that has responded in any way to these nutjobs with anything other than frowns and grimaces.  Customers in line for service have spoken up and asked the clerks if they have to allow "them" to be out there on the sidewalk on at least two of the times I've been there.  No one has anything but scowls and harsh looks when glancing out the windows toward the obscene displays.

From what the clerks have said to me, that is pretty much the reaction every time they've been set up out there.

Second happy news:

I have a dear friend who lives in this town, not far from me.  She has a brother who lives in another area of Texas.  He's a degreed professional, with a doctorate and a practice in his little redneck town and he has a reputation as a far-right, Obama-hating, Tea-Party republican, which keeps locals coming to him for his services.  He's an older, white guy, not that far from retirement age, with grown children.

What my friend knows about her brother, because he told his daughter, his daughter (my friend's niece), told her aunt (my friend) (and my friend told me) is that in both the past two presidential elections, her "right-wing" brother has voted for President Obama.

I know, I know... my friend and I still giggle when we talk about it.  If his fellow townspeople and clients knew, he'd have to close his practice and leave town under cover of darkness.

Don't you wonder just how many more "RINO's" there are here in Texas who advertise themselves as right-wing, tea-partiers; who, when they close that curtain in the voting booth, grab the Democratic lever with both hands and pull it with all their might?

I seriously doubt it's only my friend's brother.

•  Well that's encouraging! (2+ / 0-)
              Silverheels, VPofKarma

More people than we realize will vote for sanity. I really hope it's so.

by Gwennedd on Tue May 20, 2014 at 10:15:38 PM PDT

•  I can only tell you what I know from personal (3+ / 0-)
                indedave, Gwennedd, VPofKarma

experience...  but down here in supposedly redneck Texas, I believe there are many of us who realize that in a state where it's mostly the right wing nutjobs that carry guns and are just itching for an excuse to use them, or some other form of punishing a leftie, I believe there are a lot of committed voters who have my same perspective:  if you don't have a perseonal security staff, it may be wise to keep a low political profile.

It's more important for me to get safely to the voting booth in 2014, to cast my vote for a straight Democratic ticket and then again in 2016, to vote Hillary Clinton into office as our first woman POTUS.  Then, I can die a happy woman.

Once that's done, I think maybe I'll paint "OBAMA" in big blue letters across the front of my home and maybe down my driveway, and "Clinton" on my roof, and paste all my saved-up bumper stickers all over my van, and fill my yard up with Democratic yard signs left over from past elections.

Clinton - 2016-2024
                Warren 2024-2032
                Booker 2032-2040
                Patrick  2040-2048
                Gillibrand  2048-2056.

Democratic Presidents as far as the eye can see!!

•  You go girl ( I'm assuming)!! (3+ / 0-)
                  VPofKarma, Silverheels, QBee59

I'm a Canadian, and we have our own troubles up here.

We've managed to saddle ourselves with a Prime Minister who is basically a fundie Republican. He is financed by the oil business up here and a religious control freak, crafty as hell, too.

He is systematically destroying all the laws we had set up to protect the environment, has de-funded scientists working in any field connected to the environment ( which in a country as big as ours and as unpopulated and mostly wilderness), means just about every scientific job. All that's left are those working for and in Universities. He wants to put a two-tiered medical plan in action ( those who can afford to pay get better and faster treatment), he is ramming through the pipelines to carry bitumen to both back east and to the west coast. The ones going west cross pristine wilderness owned by treatied First Nations who are mostly adamantly opposed, fearing illness and permanent damage to their lands and way of life. I live on the west coast and the tanker traffic ( going to China and other asian countries) is increasing every month. We fear for the wellbeing of the marine life in our waters. A spill would have devastating effects on the whole coast and all life in the area.

Harper has changed or ignored many laws to suit his agenda. Worst PM EVER! we will try to oust him out of office in 2015, but he's sneaky. Last election he had a robocall company phone voters and say the voting place had been changed ( it hadn't) and people went to the wrong place- no voting booths, so they went home without voting. I no longer tell any pollsters what Party I plan on voting for. He is also trying to mess with abortion laws.

Buuuut..we have some awesome groups that are working on getting him out of Office next election and I think Harper is in trouble with his own Party for the mishadling of quite a few things and his radical policies.

by Gwennedd on Wed May 21, 2014 at 02:28:19 AM PDT

•  How depressing to learn that government takeovers (1+ / 0-)
                    Gwennedd

by the 1% are happening all over the world.

All we can do is fight.  I don't believe that it's possible to reason with sociopaths, and those who are taking over and making these kinds of changes that will eventually destroy everything can only be sociopaths.

If you have a working conscience, you don't do things that are so destructive to society and to the world.

Thank you for your comments.  Not uplifting but very informative.  Godspeed!

my point.