View Diary: Obama: 'Absolutely no apologies' for bringing Bergdahl back (153 comments)

•  The Obama team has been doing that. (14+ / 0-)

They are just doing it alone without any help from their party as usual. The number of voices in the media and GOP are drowning them out. They need back-up and there is none to be found as usual.

President Obama at Madison Rally 9/28/2010 - "Change is not a spectator sport."

by askew on Thu Jun 05, 2014 at 10:45:33 AM PDT

•  I find this claim credulous (1+ / 0-)
      indres

And I don't believe we were talking about TALKING, but DOING. You can't drown out a good policy or a bold initiative taken. THAT is what is missing here, except for the ACA, which, while popular, would have been much more popular if it were single payer.

Like THROUGH THE ROOF popular. Like 75% approval popular. Like "Let's put Obama on the ten dollar bill" popular.

I will give you this: His own party is at least half the problem, but I do NOT see him leading us anywhere near the Promised Progressive Land. I see him as a corporate moderate.

"I feel a lot safer already."--Emil Sitka

by DaddyO on Thu Jun 05, 2014 at 11:07:20 AM PDT

•  Shit--I meant INCREDULOUS (0+ / 0-)

"I feel a lot safer already."--Emil Sitka

by DaddyO on Thu Jun 05, 2014 at 11:07:43 AM PDT

•  Because he's the only non-shouter in the room that (1+ / 0-)
        Tempus Figits

makes him a corporate moderate?

The Republicans yap about the "dignity of the office".  President Obama embodies that.

This is the country of those three great rights: freedom of conscience, freedom of speech, and the wisdom never to exercise either of them. -- Mark Twain.

by JJustin on Thu Jun 05, 2014 at 01:26:42 PM PDT

•  Lots of things make him a corporate moderate (0+ / 0-)

...instead of a Democratic progressive. It will never do to make generalized guesses about MY logic. Try reading what I wrote instead of coming to your own conclusions about what I meant.

I just read on the front page that the percentage of all African Americans still not covered by medical insurance, thanks to the ACA, has dropped to a historic low of 33%, down over 6%--the biggest positive change in any Obama policy.

Credit where credit is due. Let me know when it covers ALL of them, because until it does, Obama is still a corporate sellout who refused to fight for everyone when it counted.

"I feel a lot safer already."--Emil Sitka

by DaddyO on Thu Jun 05, 2014 at 04:12:11 PM PDT

•  I don't recall that the US has ever been (0+ / 0-)

progressive.

But I do recall that after 100 years, and on white Republican President, several white Democratic Presidents, and President-While-Being-Black got health care reform enacted, over against the fact that the US has never been progressive.

by JJustin on Thu Jun 05, 2014 at 07:35:00 PM PDT

•  What does any of this (0+ / 0-)

have to go with Bergdahl?

If we had single payer, we wouldn't be losing the message war over Bergdahl?