View Diary: Al Gore: NSA’s actions revealed by Snowden are “a threat to the heart of democracy.” (179 comments)

•  I do, but why waste it. (0+ / 0-)

Posting it just gives people another opportunity to pretend to want information while being dicks.

Better to let you all embarrass yourselves someplace where that sort of behavior isn't the norm.

Retrospectives on 25th anniversary of Tiananmen at Chinafile.com

by Inland on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 02:03:29 PM PDT

•  what a lame response (5+ / 0-)

why even go to the trouble of typing that out?

You WANT me on that server! You NEED me on that server!

by nota bene on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 02:18:14 PM PDT

•  Because some might not know that "So....." (0+ / 0-)

is the sign of "here comes a strawman", and I'd hate for anyone to not understand that I don't give good information to people who don't care.

Thanks for asking, though.  Hope it cleared everything up.

Retrospectives on 25th anniversary of Tiananmen at Chinafile.com

by Inland on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 02:27:47 PM PDT

•  Do you give... (2+ / 0-)
          stevemb, Indiana Bob

...good information to people who do care?

If you have, when, and to whom?

One would think that someone in possession of such information would be eager to diary it, so as to silence, once and for all, the naysayers cluttering up the site with their ignorance.

You have a lot to say, yet you decline to put it to the test by way of your own post.

Why is that?

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us. ~ Garcia

by DeadHead on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 05:38:49 PM PDT

•  What's it to you? (0+ / 0-)

Seriously, if you want to know what people who care talk about, you can stop sequestering yourself in diaries that you've picked solely for its amenability to handwaving.

And for god's sake, don't post anything in your usual attempt to bring things down to your level.

But don't bug me as if I believe you have a sudden interest in any matter more pressing than your usual meta, harassment and handwaving.

Retrospectives on 25th anniversary of Tiananmen at Chinafile.com

by Inland on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 06:11:16 PM PDT

•  Why so defensive? (2+ / 0-)
              stevemb, Indiana Bob
              What's it to you?
              You claimed you don't bother giving information to people who don't care, so I wanted to know if there's been instances where you have. Apparently not.
              I'll visit whatever diaries I want, and I don't need you, someone who apparently knows more about my diary reading habits than you care to admit, recommending I do otherwise. Just because you show up to troll diaires I like to read, tip, and rec doesn't mean I'm the one sequestering myself.
              Like what? You always say that, yet you never provide any examples of this "level" of discourse you claim I bring things down to. Likely because it oftentimes involves exposing you for what you are.
              Sorry, if you get to post dogshit comments, I get to help with the dirty job of scooping it up into little plastic bags.

Bye.

by DeadHead on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 09:01:34 PM PDT

•  And again, what's it to you? (0+ / 0-)
                Assuming I understand that mangled sentence, what's your interest, besides bloggy back and forth where you ask me questions to waste my time in your usual fixation on meta?

All my posts are right there in public.   You can read them yourself, if you are so curious about what I post to people who aren't consumed with handwaving, and come to a conclusion that everyone will ignore.

Enjoy.

Retrospectives on 25th anniversary of Tiananmen at Chinafile.com

by Inland on Wed Jun 11, 2014 at 08:27:59 AM PDT

•  Blaming other people for your lack (7+ / 0-)

of knowledge is rather unseemly. You're calling Al Gore an idiot without a shred of evidence.

No War but Class War

by AoT on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 03:36:43 PM PDT

•  Well, god knows we can't call Gore an idiot (0+ / 0-)

in the middle of a diary asserting that Obama is instituting a police state.  That would be slander.

But of course, nobody is calling Gore an idiot.  But he's not an expert, and he doesn't back up his conclusions with anything, so it's just another unsupported opinion.

Say, isn't it funny how the hero worship and appeals to authority rolls out whenever the supposedly skeptical realists need it?  Snowden is a genius super spy, Ellsberg is an expert on pre trial procedures, Gore is a constitutional lawyer...everyone's an expert but the FISA court judge.

Retrospectives on 25th anniversary of Tiananmen at Chinafile.com

by Inland on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 06:06:01 PM PDT

•  Why do you bother posting? (4+ / 0-)

I mean, even Gore is in the echo chamber at this point and you can't be bothered to actually discuss the issue, so why post?

It can't just be to put words in other people's mouths.

Unlike you?You've done nothing but make this about anything but the policies and you've presented no evidence of anything you've claimed.

You can't even present a case that was decided about the constitutionality of these programs after the information about them was revealed.

No War but Class War

by AoT on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 06:14:51 PM PDT

•  (((facepalm))) (0+ / 0-)
            It can't just be to put words in other people's mouths.
            Or maybe it's to take your words out of mine?

Seriously, if you don't want me to post, stop making stuff up about me in personal attacks and we'll be fine.  Well, don't open yourself up for a clever riposte, either. I can't resist those.

Can't, or won't?  I guess you would say, can't, because as it turns out, you people really believe there is a "program" that literally records everything we do.  And I'm not going to find a case dealing with a program that exists only in the heated minds on one little corner of the internet.

But in reality, you should try the Google before you go out on the limb some more.

Retrospectives on 25th anniversary of Tiananmen at Chinafile.com

by Inland on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 06:24:03 PM PDT

•  "Can't, or won't?" (4+ / 0-)

Who knows. Who even knows. You claim you can, but since you never do I assume that's a lie.

I never made any of these claims. You can pretend like I'm worshiping heroes all you want, but it just isn't true. That's putting words in my mouth.

Unless you're having this discussion with someone who isn't me, in which case I'm not really sure what to say.

No, I know that they have the capability to record anything done on the internet. I know that they sort through everything and to do that they have to read everything. I know that the supposedly innocuous "telephony metadata" includes your location and text messages.

You can't be bothered to give a single link, so yes, I think you can't, not that you won't.

No War but Class War

by AoT on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 06:48:31 PM PDT

•  It's not my job to pierce your bubble. (0+ / 0-)

You know, it's really not my job to come into a diary where dissenting opinions are harassed, people put words into my mouth, and fight through it just for you to find out what's published everywhere but bobswern's diaries.

It's not my job to chase after moving goalposts, to find out what it is that people mean by "those programs", to put up with the cutie pootie postings of count basie and bobswern's sarcasm, just to get a fact to you.

If the people in this diary were interested in facts, I wouldn't have to put up with the unremitting hostility.

So here I am, posting for the very first time on daily kos, a place that pretends to be super interested in the NSA's programs and, as bobswern would put it, full of FACTS and LINKS, the news of a ruling that came down a week ago. From Politico, so it's not like it's HIDING from you.

Retrospectives on 25th anniversary of Tiananmen at Chinafile.com