View Diary: Give seniors what they want. They vote! (60 comments)

•  Really? I did not know. (1+ / 0-)
    side pocket

Just how much Koch do Right Wingers want in their life? . United Veterans of America

by Vetwife on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 01:53:56 PM PDT

•  Nope ..not true.. I could take my early (1+ / 0-)
      side pocket

Social security retirement but do not qualify for medicare until I am 65 then I qualify for A and B.  Meantime Champ VA covers me.
      I then have to sign up for Champ VA again so there is no out of pocket expense.

by Vetwife on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 02:09:23 PM PDT

•  I'm not often (0+ / 0-)

assertive on DKos, but I'll guarantee it's true.

Ceiling Cat rules....srsly.

by side pocket on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 05:15:40 PM PDT

•  But I am not 65 so I can't get it yet (1+ / 0-)
          side pocket

I don't turn 65 till next year.  Social security said I am not eligible till 65.

by Vetwife on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 06:28:12 PM PDT

•  Correct. (0+ / 0-)

But every year you could get get it and you don't it goes up 10%. I screwed up when I retired because I was told my Postal insurance was better than "B" so I declined it and now it would cost me 140% more. And when we were looking at retirement places they said "You'll just sign over the B to us" and they couldn't believe I didn't have it.

Ceiling Cat rules....srsly.

by side pocket on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 07:47:23 PM PDT

•  Oh My side pocket !!!!! (0+ / 0-)

The lies people tell us !!!  I appreciate your posts because it made me go hunting... it was not assertive at all..  I remember when I took the retire at 62 thing.. I kept saying to the lady inside at SS...can I get medicare and she said not till you are 65.. Because I knew the Champ VA card expired June 2015.....So I was kinda scared.
              AND even though they are sister entities Champ only pays 70 percent not 80.

I will apply while still 64  about 90 days before that birthday not to fall in the gap.
              What do you do ..did you just pay the 140 percent or find a company on that retirement that coverered you?  Thanks !!!

by Vetwife on Wed Jun 11, 2014 at 05:48:51 AM PDT