View Diary: Pretty much anywhere you stand you'll eventually end up in someone's way. (38 comments)

•  Me, too. I scared the crap out of someone on a (6+ / 0-)
    jbou, BusyinCA, glb3, tarkangi, Piren, Audri

road trip with this song....had a cassette I'd made of Road Tunes...this was cued up to be first.  Hit the on ramp to the interstate, and the"play"button at the same time.

ummm...the volume was up a little bit.  just a little. :-)

The other one that gets me every time is:

It's a guy's song.....Goddess knows, I've seen enough guys through the pain they seem to be King of.

"Live with no excuses and Love with no regrets."

by The Marti on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 05:24:13 PM PDT

•  Now I'm getting nervous. (5+ / 0-)
      The Marti, jbou, tarkangi, Piren, Audri

A little too many police around here.

How do you tell your pet slug that you had escargot for dinner?

by glb3 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 06:21:29 PM PDT

•  Relax....the bail fund has been...repelnished. ;-) (5+ / 0-)
        glb3, jbou, tarkangi, Piren, Audri

"Live with no excuses and Love with no regrets."

by The Marti on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 06:24:36 PM PDT

•  I've got a reputation to uphold. (5+ / 0-)
          jbou, The Marti, tarkangi, Piren, Audri

How do you tell your pet slug that you had escargot for dinner?

by glb3 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 06:28:15 PM PDT

•  Do what I do......... (5+ / 0-)
            jbou, tarkangi, glb3, Piren, Audri

Insist on living down to your reputation.  Less stress, more fun.
            :-)

"Live with no excuses and Love with no regrets."

by The Marti on Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 06:33:39 PM PDT

•  Whichever way you're aimed Marti, (1+ / 0-)
              jbou

I like where you wind up.

When lots of people show up to vote, Democrats tend to win.

by Audri on Wed Jun 11, 2014 at 10:51:26 AM PDT

•  Why thank you! So far, it has not included a bit (1+ / 0-)
                Audri

of time as a guest of the county, state, or federal departments of corrections... Yet.  Must be that whole..."All things in moderation, including moderation" thing??

Hmmm.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong, after all?  ;-)

"Live with no excuses and Love with no regrets."

by The Marti on Wed Jun 11, 2014 at 11:10:38 AM PDT

•  Moderation? (1+ / 0-)
                  The Marti
                  "Moderation? It’s mediocrity, fear, and confusion in disguise. It’s the devil’s dilemma. It’s neither doing nor not doing. it’s the wobbling compromise that makes no one happy. Moderation is for the bland, the apologetic, for the fence-sitters of the world afraid to take a stand. It’s for those afraid to laugh or cry, for those afraid to live or die. Moderation” - he took a deep breath, getting ready for his final condemnation - “is lukewarm tea, the devil’s own brew!”
                                  Socrates - The Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman

When lots of people show up to vote, Democrats tend to win.

by Audri on Wed Jun 11, 2014 at 11:24:29 AM PDT

•  M'kay.......as my dear friend, teacher, mentor and (0+ / 0-)

really bad example used to tell me, "Baby...every now and then you just have to kick over the picnic table and piss in the campfire.  Life's too damn short to go by half measures."

He was right.  I've kicked over a picnic table or two in my time, but I've also learned when to piss in the campfire...and when to toast a marshmallow.

The life of a heathen banshee is complicated, and striking a balance between want and need is a delicate one.

Or is that not what you were asking? ;-D

"Live with no excuses and Love with no regrets."

by The Marti on Wed Jun 11, 2014 at 12:40:26 PM PDT

•  Just had to post these words I was just (2+ / 0-)
              The Marti, jbou

listening to from Dylan.

"If I can't work up to you baby
              You'll just have to work down fro me someday"

'A civilization flourishes when people plant trees under whose shade they will never sit' Greek Proverb

by janis b on Wed Jun 11, 2014 at 11:22:15 PM PDT