View Diary: Antibiotic resistent bacteria found in squid in Canadian supermarket raises concern about spread (51 comments)

•  Glad to hear you are both doing well! (2+ / 0-)
    weezilgirl, thanatokephaloides

Years of recovery and pain is so exhausting and emotionally draining.

A dear friend of mine is currently dealing with 5 lower disks that are damaged or deteriorating. Watching her moving around in excruciating pain is painful for me. How she copes, I don't know.  The only thing that keeps her upright is her strong core muscles she developed from belly dancing. She's 72 and still dances...even roped me into it. I love it! Gives a girl a chance to dress up in bright colours and gauzy things and get exercise while having fun.

A fo ben, bid bont. - Welsh proverb. ( translation: If you want to be a leader, be a bridge.)

by Gwennedd on Thu Jun 12, 2014 at 03:36:10 AM PDT

•  Gwennedd, (2+ / 0-)
      Gwennedd, thanatokephaloides

what a wonderful experience you are sharing with your friend. I am so impressed that she dances AND you dance with her! I send good vibes to you and your friend.

“Listen--are you breathing just a little, and calling it a life?” ― Mary Oliver

by weezilgirl on Thu Jun 12, 2014 at 07:04:21 AM PDT

•  Thanks! Getting exercise is SO important (2+ / 0-)
        thanatokephaloides, weezilgirl

why not have fun while doing it! There is a whole group of us seniors belly dancing and we even put on a show once a year. Our instructor is my friend.

by Gwennedd on Thu Jun 12, 2014 at 11:51:04 AM PDT

•  You rock! (1+ / 0-)
          Gwennedd

Walking outside here is too risky because of ticks. Walking on the nearby road would get me run down by a log truck. A treadmill is boring but I've had a lightbulb moment. I'm going to move a small t.v. and watch movies while I 'walk'.

“Listen--are you breathing just a little, and calling it a life?” ― Mary Oliver

by weezilgirl on Thu Jun 12, 2014 at 02:21:52 PM PDT

•  Good idea! I wonder if it's possible to set up (1+ / 0-)
            weezilgirl

a tray, angled slightly, and set up a laptop or pad on it?
            Type and google while you walk.

by Gwennedd on Thu Jun 12, 2014 at 03:17:07 PM PDT

•  I have a thingy that fits over (0+ / 0-)

the top to hold a book. I don't have anything other than a
              desktop in the way of electronics. That would be a good way to pass the time though.

“Listen--are you breathing just a little, and calling it a life?” ― Mary Oliver

by weezilgirl on Thu Jun 12, 2014 at 03:38:57 PM PDT

•  Ah, well. Save that idea for the future when you (0+ / 0-)

do get a pad. But reading is good, too.

by Gwennedd on Thu Jun 12, 2014 at 05:41:42 PM PDT