View Diary: An Even More Precise Hillary Clinton Poll? (57 comments)

•  I'm not so sure about that (1+ / 0-)
    TJ

I foresee as many candidates running away from her as running behind her.

"The great lie of democracy, its essential paradox, is that democracy is the first to be sacrificed when its security is at risk. Every state is totalitarian at heart; there are no ends to the cruelty it will go to to protect itself." -- Ian McDonald

by Geenius at Wrok on Mon Jun 16, 2014 at 07:28:32 AM PDT

•  just in... (1+ / 0-)
      Catte Nappe

terms of voter turnout. She's a stronger draw to get middle of the road voters out.

Whether they vote Hillary & D downballot or Hillary & R downballot is the job of those appearing downballot.

"It's almost as if we're watching Mitt Romney on Safari in his own country." -- Jonathan Capeheart

by JackND on Mon Jun 16, 2014 at 07:54:57 AM PDT

•  Democratic candidates running AWAY from HRC? (3+ / 0-)
      Tuffie, JackND, Catte Nappe

In an active campaign?  You see this?

Sheldon Whitehouse endorsed her in 2008 (actually he was out front with her in 2007!).  Kirstin Gillibrand will be workign hard for her.  Even Elizabeth Warren has said she would support HRC.  If the Progressive Heroine is out there on the HRC stump running FOR HER... what is the profile of the candidates running against her?  Zell Miller?

Красота спасет мир --F. Dostoevsky

by Wisper on Mon Jun 16, 2014 at 08:03:08 AM PDT

•  Depends totally on how things are going in 2016 (0+ / 0-)

If the economy takes a dip and we're still mired in this middle east crap could be a Washington insider is the last person you want on the ballot.

Watch OBAMA's poll numbers.  Watch how happy Americans are with Washington.

•  Americans will be unhappy with Washington (0+ / 0-)

I don't think we need Nate Silver to crunch the numbers and tell us that.

When was the last time America as "Happy" with Washington?

Красота спасет мир --F. Dostoevsky

by Wisper on Mon Jun 16, 2014 at 08:42:54 AM PDT

•  And? (0+ / 0-)

This doesn't mean people are excited to vote for her. Don't make shit up.

I sing praises in the church of nonsense, but in my heart I'm still an atheist, demanding sense of all things.

by jbou on Mon Jun 16, 2014 at 09:48:53 AM PDT

•  Youre right (0+ / 0-)

I regret saying that.  Except I didn't.

I said that I don't see candidates out there actively "running away from her" when these eagerly anticipated super-progressive alternatives are already indicating their plans to support her and she's not even announced yet.

They aren't playing coy, or saying they are focused on 2014 for now, or tamping down expectations or any other politician-y kind of thing.

Here is Senator Warren just 2 months ago:

All all of the women — Democratic women I should say  — of the Senate urged Hillary Clinton to run, and I hope she does. Hillary is terrific," Warren said during an interview broadcast Sunday on ABC's "This Week," noting that she was one of several senators to sign a letter urging Clinton to run in 2016.
          Here is Sheldon Whitehouse in Iowa in March
          While I myself will not be running for president – and fully expect to support Hillary Clinton if she chooses to run – I do hope that by visiting Iowa now and meeting with local activists and journalist, I can help put the issue of climate change at the front of their minds as the 2016 race takes shape.
          In fact here are 56 Congressional democrats that have already endorsed Hillary for 2016.

This strikes me as evidence against the fact that Democratic politicians would be actively and publicly distancing themselves from their own Presidential candidate.

But I guess you read that as "PEEPLE WILL BE SOOOOZ EXCITED TO VOTE FOR HER!!!1!!!1!!!"  or something.

You're reading comprehension skills outpace even your comedic talent jbou.  I am, as ever, impressed.

Красота спасет мир --F. Dostoevsky

by Wisper on Mon Jun 16, 2014 at 10:04:52 AM PDT

•  And? (0+ / 0-)

The initial comment was about coattails not the go along to get along idiots in the Senate endorsing Hillary long before the primary season begins.

by jbou on Mon Jun 16, 2014 at 10:12:19 AM PDT

•  big... (0+ / 0-)

coattails. I stand by it.

by JackND on Mon Jun 16, 2014 at 10:16:42 AM PDT

•  Good for you (0+ / 0-)

But you have no proof what so ever. If you look back to 08 she wasn't getting people excited and that's why Obama beat her and the lack of excitement will doom her once again. She's a boring career narcissist who uses politics to feed her ego.

by jbou on Mon Jun 16, 2014 at 10:23:42 AM PDT