View Diary: "The pitchforks ARE coming" - A billionaire warns his fellow Oligarchs what is coming down the pipe (773 comments)

•  Possibly but I think (7+ / 0-)

I'm more with Zizek on the need for a radicalized Left sooner than later. http://www.newstatesman.com/...
    Dueling Oligarchs,Green-ish capitalism & venture philanthropy does seem more likely though.

"George RR Martin is not your bitch" ~~ Neil Gaiman

by tardis10 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 at 09:54:52 AM PDT

•  I would settle for an Active Left.. (10+ / 0-)

Because I think that ANY left is considered radicalized at the moment, and what we need is for the left to get off their asses and start talking it up.

Figures don't lie, but liars do figure-Mark Twain

by OregonOak on Fri Jun 27, 2014 at 10:05:01 AM PDT

•  Oh,I see left of center (3+ / 0-)
        Penny GC, allie4fairness, blueoasis

stuff happening quite a bit and it seems to me the Dem Party does as well. Unfortunately the Democratic Party doesn't embrace it as I do. Or as it needs to do to make Hanauer's prediction shimmer away.

"George RR Martin is not your bitch" ~~ Neil Gaiman

by tardis10 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 at 10:29:42 AM PDT

•  Yes.. I understand the need (2+ / 0-)
          Penny GC, allie4fairness

But I think Radical Left has been tried as a label, and roundly rejected, so, I would suggest PragmaticLeft or Practical Progressive.. or something less.. .Radical.

You get images of the Symbionese Liberation Army, the Weathermen, and Anarchists with tin foil with Radical Left.

And I would like to think that Keynesism and Social Democracy is the path to success, not Radical Left Maoists kidnapping rich heirs for ransom in the hills is a valid brand image.

Figures don't lie, but liars do figure-Mark Twain

by OregonOak on Fri Jun 27, 2014 at 10:34:02 AM PDT

•  Frankly,I don't give a damn (3+ / 0-)
            Penny GC, allie4fairness, blueoasis

about labels. Gee,maybe I'll start a group and call it No Labels.... but I digress into snark.
            My goals are policy and issue specific. In so far as the Democratic Party is a vehicle moving toward those goals,I work with Dems. When it can't or won't,I don't. Bill Moyers has made the point that his politics haven't moved leftward,but the era has moved right. I pretty much agree and like Moyers I don't assign this rightward shift to only the GOP.
            That said,Cinque and Mao are dead,Patty Hearst is back to socialiting and the future looks like it may be a rough ride. Perhaps we need a different boat.

"George RR Martin is not your bitch" ~~ Neil Gaiman

by tardis10 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 at 11:09:35 AM PDT

•  Yes. That is the truth. (2+ / 0-)
              tardis10, Penny GC

I am no more radical than I ever was. I am being forced to be more Rational every day though.

I dont think a label makes a difference unless it enters the rhetoric of people within and then without. Then it becomes a brand, and the Right Loves itself some Branding.

Best to angle toward what we would like it to be rather than having someone else Brand you, because you know they will.

Figures don't lie, but liars do figure-Mark Twain