View Diary: Both sides can run on Hobby Lobby, but one side can win. Ours. (141 comments)

•  My social feeds are full of liberals... (12+ / 0-)

...and I'll be brutally honest: I don't see any fight in these people. I see beat down exasperation and stunned bewilderment. Part of that owes to the fact that a Supreme Court justice cannot be voted off the island, I'm sure. But the revolving door of rage that is Facebook/Twitter does not seem to be able to facilitate any kind of sustained action. That's why I'm here today, and not there.

Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

by The Termite on Tue Jul 01, 2014 at 08:54:08 AM PDT

•  Unless Democrats (8+ / 0-)

come to grips with the reality that the Right will NEVER STOP and knows no bounds to outrageous behavior we will continue to lose.  To put in bluntly, we need to beat them to a pulp.

•  Sounds a bit violent don't you think? (0+ / 0-)

"Namely, at what point does the federal government literally go to war with its own citizens? Because we’re not talking about bank robbers here, we’re talking about (mostly) non-criminal cranks — scofflaws and political malcontents. So what line has to be crossed in the good old U.S. of A. before we start mowing them down to make our point?"--Susie Madrak managing editor of Crooks and Liarsblog

You mean beat them like that?

•  I honestly think that is the very nature of Fac... (5+ / 0-)

I honestly think that is the very nature of Facebook. It is a passive form of engagement.

•  Which keeps people informed, at least. (5+ / 0-)

My dad used to say, it's 10 percent of the population dragging the other 90 percent forward. That's the reality in the numbers so, what we do has to be effective.

Another thing I've been thinking about is that the lovely, young, right wing ladies at the court yesterday have their church as the center of their social network. They have a group created, in a NY minute, every Sunday.

Many of us are unaffiliated so we don't have the ready made group.

It is ridiculous to pretend that firing teachers based on student test scores, starting charter schools, giving out vouchers or implementing merit pay will overcome the challenges facing a child living in poverty. -Jersey Jazzman

by Desert Rose on Tue Jul 01, 2014 at 09:39:19 AM PDT

•  I very much doubt the revolution will be conducted (3+ / 0-)
      The Termite, ditsylilg, Thunder

on "social media".

"Show up. Pay attention. Tell the truth. And don't be attached to the results." -- Angeles Arrien

by Sybil Liberty on Tue Jul 01, 2014 at 09:20:30 AM PDT

•  local issues (3+ / 0-)
      Womantrust, ditsylilg, nellgwen

So if they are not driven to action on this issue, get them fired up about some local issue or candidate. If they turn up at the polls for a local issue, the whole ticket will benefit. The whole country will benefit.

Hell, in Massachusetts we pretty much know who is going to win every election but we turn up anyway because we always have our favorite issues or Democrat that we want to support. (80% Democratic legislature)

We dropped the ball with Scott Brown and it will be a looooong time before we forget that and get complacent again.

By the way, casino gambling is the big issue this year. It's pretty much all that anyone is talking about.

•  We didn't drop the ball with Scottie. Martha ran (1+ / 0-)
        aseth

a spectacularly tone-deaf campaign.  And we knew it wasn't a six year mistake.  I had to hold my nose to vote for her and I felt horrible after.

"We know too much to go back and pretend" - Helen Reddy (humble cosmos shaker)

by ditsylilg on Tue Jul 01, 2014 at 09:42:09 AM PDT

•  And it turned out for the best, since we have W... (2+ / 0-)
          cjfb, ditsylilg

And it turned out for the best, since we have Warren as Senator-for-Life instead of Coakley. Now we just need to get Berwick in the governor's chair.

•  I like Grossman, but will look into Berwick. (0+ / 0-)

"We know too much to go back and pretend" - Helen Reddy (humble cosmos shaker)

by ditsylilg on Tue Jul 01, 2014 at 02:30:17 PM PDT

•  I'll vote for Grossman... (0+ / 0-)

If he's our candidate. He doesn't excite me as much as some of the things Berwick is proposing, but is quite acceptable. I'm not a fan of Coakley though at all.

Re-Elect Al Gore! Gore/Warren 2016! Eight More Years!

by aseth on Wed Jul 02, 2014 at 03:33:37 PM PDT

•  So with you on Coakley. During the height of the (0+ / 0-)

foreclosure crisis I had the pleasure (?) of meeting Coakley at an SEUI event where she was honored.  I asked her, since she was kind enough to acknowledge me, why we were letting the banks get  away.  I saw a bit of a flash in her eyes.  I just wish that I had asked her why she supported the banks given that they had collapsed pensions countrywide.  Since she is a civil servant, she was personally impacted.  I think if I had asked her in terms of her own personal circumstance I would have extracted an answer and not just the (IMO) condescending smile I received.

"We know too much to go back and pretend" - Helen Reddy (humble cosmos shaker)

by ditsylilg on Fri Jul 04, 2014 at 08:10:13 AM PDT