View Diary: Open thread for night owls: Warren's red-state campaigning for Democrats raises her national profile (210 comments)

•  I so hope you're correct. I see Clinton (8+ / 0-)

boosters in comments increasingly coming up with truly silly Rovian attacks against Warren, so it seems like they fear it. And why wouldn't Warren win in the primary? And in the general she'd be a great candidate, and I think win, despite what the naysayers say. I think they protein too much--darn spellcheck. Let's not underestimate the power of an excited base, especially given that Warren too is a woman. "It is time for a woman U.S. President" will not be lost on the consciousness of a majority of voters no matter which prevails in the primary.

Sect. Clinton excites Wall Street and possibly her own immediate family. She's simply not a natural politician. She reminds me of Gore in that respect. Plus who really thinks they know the real Hillary? Does Hillary know herself anymore? At one time she proposed a better national health care system than the one we got, but that Hillary seems a thing of the past which she herself runs from under the guidance of Triangulating Bill. I get the feeling the HRC boosters are getting the sinking feeling it's happening again.

I have no faith though that my wishes will come true, but I so hope you're correct.

garden variety democratic socialist: accepting life's complexity|striving for global stewardship of our soil and other resources to meet everyone's basic needs|being a friend to the weak

by Galtisalie on Tue Jul 15, 2014 at 09:08:19 PM PDT

•  What are the attacks on Warren? (2+ / 0-)
      jan4insight, 88kathy

I would like to know because I don't like attacks on either candidate.  I'm not on all the time so have not seen these.  Please provide links as I would like to refute them. Thanks.

•  And I'm happy to look at these (0+ / 0-)

If not already refuted.  I love to research issues !

•  Sorry, it's late, and I am not going to provide (4+ / 0-)
        Zinman, fb, elwior, ChuckChuckerson

links. I have spent a lot of time reading at Daily Kos today, so it would take some time and energy I don't wish to commit to look back over diaries to meet your request. The ones that stuck out today were that she was simply not "tough enough" and that "unlike Barack Obama, she is not doing her homework" on the full spectrum of issues that a president must encounter. She seems plenty tough to me, what with her pretty much single-handedly sticking it to the scamming banking and investment industries. And she seems to me to be highly energized to be a credible candidate who can do book learnin' and stuff like that, certainly the equal of any Republican she would go up against.

by Galtisalie on Tue Jul 15, 2014 at 10:01:59 PM PDT

•  Another was that she has not stopped (3+ / 0-)
          fb, elwior, ChuckChuckerson

some Massachusetts state policy that is not within the jurisdiction of a U.S. Senator, which led to several hide-rates and an ensuing boring debate over site policy for hide-rates.

So those are the three that come to my tired mind from 7/15/14.

by Galtisalie on Tue Jul 15, 2014 at 10:30:15 PM PDT

•  There are no attacks here that I've seen. (0+ / 0-)

I like her a lot, but I don't think she's going to run, and would support Hillary when she does run. ("Hillary's terrific," she has said. Twice in one interview.)

"The soil under the grass is dreaming of a young forest, and under the pavement the soil is dreaming of grass."--Wendell Berry

by Wildthumb on Tue Jul 15, 2014 at 10:19:09 PM PDT

•  You can't say Warren w/o HRC. Let me tell you (1+ / 0-)
      Betty Pinson

you haven't ever seen 2 great powerful wonderful women play this game. You can't compare it to the way the men played in the past. This is not the past.

So B4 Warren or B4 Clinton, and leave H8 behind.

That might just be my new sig line.

Child forgotten in car? -- Use open source E-Z Baby Saver -- Andrew Pelham, 11yo inventor E-Z Baby Saver

by 88kathy on Wed Jul 16, 2014 at 12:28:21 AM PDT

•  It's not H8, it's the truth. The Clinton boosters (1+ / 0-)
        Dallasdoc

hide behind her inevitability and relatedly, her Wall Street money-raising abilities, and now apparently H8 allegations. Give me a break. I have thought a lot about H8 for a great deal of my lifetime. It's not my thing on many levels: http://gardenvarietydemocraticsocialist.com/....

Malice toward none, but all the Hellraising that is necessary. You can play divide and conquer all you want, just like the right wing. Go ahead and red-bait next. Whatever. Clinton for many reasons might not win the Democratic primary if she runs. She is simply not the best candidate. Elections, and even primaries, are about choices.

Clinton boosters apparently think her political opponents on the left, if they dare to raise their fingers to a keyboard, must only say nice things about her potential opponents. Sorry, it won't work.

by Galtisalie on Wed Jul 16, 2014 at 04:35:16 AM PDT

•  H8 HRC is a favorite game played by Republicans. (0+ / 0-)

I boost HRC and Warren. I probably have less than nice things to say about Palin, Bachmann, Katherine Harris, etc. But that is the way I am.

B4 Warren

or

B4 Clinton

And leave your name calling for when you look in the mirror in the AM.

by 88kathy on Wed Jul 16, 2014 at 09:36:15 AM PDT

•  So why aren't you ripping Kathleen Sebelius or (0+ / 0-)

Patty Murray or Nancy Pelosi? Warren is better than all three. Nest Paws.

Why stop at HRC?

PS - I'm from Kansas and Washington and California, so I am really a booster of these three more than Arkansas, New York and Massachusetts.

by 88kathy on Wed Jul 16, 2014 at 10:23:34 AM PDT