View Diary: "Rich people vote their self-interest in every single election. Why don’t poor people?" (316 comments)

•  Lieberman? choke, harf, spew. Gore? no thanks. (0+ / 0-)

We are all pupils in the eyes of God.

by nuclear winter solstice on Thu Jul 17, 2014 at 06:13:06 PM PDT

•  so, you LIKED Dubya? (3+ / 0-)
      Mopshell, sebastianguy99, Dirtandiron

I'm confused...

America's LAST HOPE: vote the GOP OUT in 2014 elections. MAKE them LOSE the House Majority and reduce their numbers in the Senate. Democrats move America forward - Republicans take us backward and are KILLING OUR NATION!

by dagnome on Thu Jul 17, 2014 at 07:07:30 PM PDT

•  Evidentally (1+ / 0-)
        nuclear winter solstice

In Gore v. Bush, it was a matter of trying to guess who was worse -- at least, for those who aren't as well-off as the middle class.  The poor largely voted third party or withheld their votes, and the middle class elected and re-elected Bush.

•  no I didn't, but W didn't WIN, either, so stop (0+ / 0-)

blaming people who did vote against W, even if it wasn't for the EstablishmentDemocrat candidate.

Isn't that interesting: people keep blaming people like myself,  who voted for a democrat, rather than holding it against Ted Olsen & co. who spread mega propaganda saying that America just couldn't wait and needed a decision (any decision, not necessarily the accurate truth) just so that we could go on. Personally I was flaming mad about that- the Republicans stole the election from all of us but so many dems would rather blame the people who voted "other".

We are all pupils in the eyes of God.

by nuclear winter solstice on Fri Jul 18, 2014 at 08:31:47 AM PDT

•  I'm NOT blaming you... (1+ / 0-)
          nuclear winter solstice

or others, like me, who voted Democratic.

However, you must admit that without a hefty third party vote, the margin between Bush and Gore might have been without dispute, obviating the need for the recount shenanigans that went on in FL, and in SCOTUS.

Here's the key point, on which we both agree:

the Republicans stole the [2000] election from all of us
          Yep - they sure did, and rat-f*cked the entire country over the next 8 years.  For that reason ALONE, a Republican should NEVER AGAIN be President of the USA, and ESPECIALLY now, considering the array of total morons on their "bench".

by dagnome on Fri Jul 18, 2014 at 05:36:00 PM PDT

•  when you say things like "without a hefty third (0+ / 0-)

party vote the margin between Bush and Gore might have been without dispute" you are assuming that if I had not voted third party that I would have voted for Gore. Not true. I would not have voted for Bush either, in fact I had no choices. So I voted for the person I wanted to vote for.
               Gore did not win my vote and even if I had been on the fence he sealed his fate by taking on Lieberman.
                In 2016 I am hoping to vote for a Sanders/Warren ticket. Could the Democrats do that please? If the Dems put up Hillary, well I'll probably just vote for the ticket I wanted anyway because voting for her won't get me what I want which is what Sanders stands for. If dems want people to stay/be in their party, they'd better start offering what We The People want.

We are all pupils in the eyes of God.

by nuclear winter solstice on Fri Jul 18, 2014 at 07:56:22 PM PDT

•  I"m not assuming anything (1+ / 0-)
              nuclear winter solstice

we are each only one vote - takes more than that to decide a national election.

by dagnome on Fri Jul 18, 2014 at 08:57:35 PM PDT