View Diary: Intercept: NBC News Pulls Top Reporter from Gaza After He Witnesses Israeli Attack on Children (340 comments)

•  llbear, do you really think that Mohyeldin... (4+ / 0-)
    Bluesee, mkor7, corvo, Sandino

...someone who's put his heart and soul into this story for many years, would take kindly to being "completely" removed (no matter what the spin might be, after the fact) from covering this story, altogether, as it's being reported in The Intercept's coverage of it?

"I always thought if you worked hard enough and tried hard enough, things would work out. I was wrong." --Katharine Graham

by bobswern on Thu Jul 17, 2014 at 12:38:31 PM PDT

•  Speculation - solely and wholly in such a volitile (11+ / 0-)

situation does no one any good, BUT yes I can.

Mossad discovers that a 3rd party has decided to kill Mohyeldin not just to stop his excellent reporting, but to cause further turmoil. Mossad alerts the CIA, the CIA alerts NBC and requests that Mohyeldin be immediately withdrawn.

That scenario occurred in Viet Nam 40+ years ago. The reporter was Peter Jennings. Another guy in my unit got the tip. Within 10 minutes Jennings was literally thrown on a CIA plane. I don't know what happened after that, but Jennings returned within a month, IRCC.

The time has come to repair this country and care for its' veterans.

by llbear on Thu Jul 17, 2014 at 01:39:17 PM PDT

•  But bobswern (1+ / 0-)
        Jersey Jon

can link to Greenwald who can link to Scahill. (Is there an echo in here)?

It is not the private interests of the individual that create lasting fellowship among men, but rather the goals of humanity. ~ The I Ching, 13th Hexagram

by Blue Intrigue on Thu Jul 17, 2014 at 02:24:59 PM PDT

•  Yes, there's an "echo," and it has to do with... (6+ / 0-)
          mkor7, BradyB, Brecht, corvo, chipmo, protectspice

...certain Kossack's petty dislike(s) of the personalities reporting the story, as opposed to the story, itself.

Stay classy!

by bobswern on Thu Jul 17, 2014 at 02:28:30 PM PDT

•  Where have I stated any dislike (0+ / 0-)

of Greenwald? I do have a distaste for speculative, shoddily sourced blog posts, though.

by Blue Intrigue on Thu Jul 17, 2014 at 02:59:12 PM PDT

•  I recommend your diaries everytime I read one (3+ / 0-)
            bobswern, eyo, Blue Intrigue

I think you cover your topics with more clarity than most, and I've never seen you get ahead of the story before. This time, I thought you did.

The time has come to repair this country and care for its' veterans.

by llbear on Thu Jul 17, 2014 at 08:22:16 PM PDT

•  Where have I gotten ahead of the story? (1+ / 0-)
              llbear

I'm merely covering the facts as Greenwald reported them. Sincerely, please explain.

by bobswern on Thu Jul 17, 2014 at 10:41:39 PM PDT

•  I thought I did. I happen to like Greenwald, too. (1+ / 0-)
                Blue Intrigue

But, my personal experience tells me that there may very well be a logical explanation and there are too many unknowns to fault NBC at the moment. How do we know for certain that Mohyeldin didn't send a "time to scram" message to NBC? This guy's reporting has been so spot-on and his personal witnessing of the 4 kids being killed just as Israel was about to launch another Hamas counter-offensive attack just make him a target.

The time has come to repair this country and care for its' veterans.

by llbear on Fri Jul 18, 2014 at 05:29:24 AM PDT

•  I see speculation. I see opinion. (1+ / 0-)
                Jersey Jon

Facts are thin on the ground in this report.

by Blue Intrigue on Fri Jul 18, 2014 at 10:05:22 AM PDT

•  Great update! (1+ / 0-)
                Jersey Jon

Now we get reporting on the speculation. bobswern, you have studied and used the model of the right wing echo chamber well.

by Blue Intrigue on Fri Jul 18, 2014 at 10:11:55 AM PDT

•  Read "Update #3" and get back to me with... (0+ / 0-)

...your pretzel logic--and obvious disregard for Occam's Rule--on that one, too.

KSEEYABAI...

by bobswern on Fri Jul 18, 2014 at 12:07:00 PM PDT

•  You point to an update about a different story (0+ / 0-)

from a different reporter on a different network over an entirely different and clearly offensive tweet. But back on-topic: Don't you think it is responsible and ethical to fully disclose your association with NBC in an anti-NBC diary?

by Blue Intrigue on Fri Jul 18, 2014 at 03:06:57 PM PDT

•  Occam's razor (0+ / 0-)

is often used as an argument when one has no actual evidence. "See? It has to be true because it's the simplest explanation according to me!"

by Blue Intrigue on Fri Jul 18, 2014 at 03:37:09 PM PDT

•  So Mohyeldin reported on NBC from Gaza tonight. (0+ / 0-)

I await a retraction from you and Greenwald.

When pigs fly.

by Blue Intrigue on Sun Jul 20, 2014 at 09:12:36 PM PDT

•  Well, if there's any public response from... (4+ / 0-)
        Nailbanger, Blue Intrigue, corvo, eyo

...Mohyeldin, that would do wonders to clear this up.

The reported facts remain that:

a.) top, "big name" staffers at NBC were pissed-off about this;

b.) he's been "completely" removed from covering this story, regardless of from where he reports it

by bobswern on Thu Jul 17, 2014 at 02:27:01 PM PDT