View Diary: Joe Biden heckled at Netroots Nation, does not miss a beat (242 comments)

•  I like Biden. (6+ / 0-)

I really do, overall I think he's been a great asset to PBO's administration and I am proud he was picked he was picked as VP (Watching him go town on Paul Ryan in the 2012 VP debate was pure glory.).

However I do find it telling that despite everything in ole' Smoking Joe's (h/t Wonkette) past (Anita Hill, ring any bells?), people still thing he's heads above HRC.  Ah-mazing

Charlie Crist for Florida Primary date: August 26, 2014, Election Date: November 4, 2014

by aimeehs on Thu Jul 17, 2014 at 07:29:18 PM PDT

•  His debate with she who shall not be named (5+ / 0-)

Was classic too.

But yeah, I agree with you about the other point.

© grover

by grover on Thu Jul 17, 2014 at 10:15:58 PM PDT

•  Who?™ (1+ / 0-)
          grover

To be fair, my Labrador could have diced up She Who Shall Not Be Named in a debate.  That's not a very high bar.

But I agree... it sure was fun to watch.  And Joe was pulling his punches all night long just to be sporting.

I'll believe corporations are people when one comes home from Afghanistan in a body bag.

by mojo11 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 at 11:52:01 AM PDT

•  That was awesome (2+ / 0-)
          grover, SilentBrook

and when he talked about his kids, the emotion was right there, like it was yesterday. When it's your kids, and you come that close to losing them all, it's always right under the surface.

And she didn't even hear it. Didn't even respond.

I think that right there sunk her and McCain. You have to be a totally narcissistic asshole to not even notice something like that.

•  I love how he covers his mistakes (0+ / 0-)

But there's so many of them!

I would like someone a little less error prone.  Someone who doesn't need a handler.  We all know how that worked out with Bush/Cheney.

Even Democrats can be asses. Look at Rahm Emanuel.

by Helpless on Fri Jul 18, 2014 at 08:49:13 AM PDT

•  if you think Biden is remotely similar to Bush (4+ / 0-)

then you really don't know much about Biden.  He is highly knowledgeable on many legal and foreign policy issues, is more in touch with the concerns of the working class, and wouldn't need a "handler" to dictate any policies.
          Being more gaff-prone is not the same a being an idiotic, clueless puppet.

you can shit on my face but that doesn't mean I have to lick my lips

by red rabbit on Fri Jul 18, 2014 at 12:16:57 PM PDT

•  I'm not saying this is true, but I'll offer (3+ / 0-)
      gsbadj, jessical, mmacdDE

my opinion on the perception.  I believe that people view Biden as a good man, a responsible Senator, and as someone who honestly believed his vote was for the good of the country.  Conversely, I think people perceive Hillary as more politically expedient, who voted for the AUMF motivated more by political calculus than by patriotism.

Again, I do not necessarily subscribe to the latter; but if you're asking why Biden gets a pass and HRC doesn't, I think those differences in perception are the answer.  That difference is largely residual from the historic and on-going trashing of HRC by the right and in the media.  It's wrong, and it's unfortunate; but it's still a millstone about her neck.

You can't spell CRAZY without R-AZ.

by rb608 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 at 05:11:48 AM PDT

•  Neither is controlling for me (0+ / 0-)

hope that clearly and directly answers your question.

you can shit on my face but that doesn't mean I have to lick my lips