View Diary: Israel admits HAMAS didn't kidnap the 3 Israeli teens after all (565 comments)

•  HR'd for direct attack (0+ / 1-)
    Hidden by:
    benamery21

and unfounded attack at that. Find one comment that indicated I didn't care about hundreds of dead Palestinians. Nevermind. You can't. HR'd accordingly.

•  Your constant blaming Palestinians for (6+ / 0-)

their own deaths. That and the constant lying about Hamas firing rockets. I've seen your constant apologia for mass murder. You care more about one dead Israeli that hundreds of dead Palestinians.

No War but Class War

by AoT on Fri Jul 25, 2014 at 09:07:02 PM PDT

•  Fuck you (2+ / 3-)
        sp2, emelyn
        Hidden by:
        Richard Villiers, cville townie, Old Sailor

You can't find any lies I've told. And I've never blamed Palestinians for their own deaths, nor apologized for anything that Israelis have done.

•  You have constantly repeated the lie (2+ / 0-)
          poco, YucatanMan

that Hamas has been firing rockets all year before Israel attacked. At least three times in this diary

Sorry, you blame Hamas for everything Israel does. That's an apologia.

No War but Class War

by AoT on Fri Jul 25, 2014 at 09:23:40 PM PDT

•  I'm Curious, AoT. (2+ / 2-)
            dcg2, Proteus7
            Hidden by:
            cville townie, Matt Z

Do you suffer from brain damage?

You seem to labor under some significant degree of diminished capacity.
              Kane keeps saying very reasonable things, and stating facts.
              You keep mindlessly and viciously insulting him, and calling him a liar, despite that he's reporting well-documented facts, and you seem to have great difficulty understanding what a fact is.
              Kane reported that Hamas has regularly been firing rockets into Israel all year.  This is a well-documented fact.
              You, for some reason, keep calling it a lie.
              You seem not to know the difference between the two.

Is it that you're unable to understand it, or that you prefer not to?

The fact that Hamas has been firing rockets into Israel on a regular basis all year, is not necessarily a reasonable justification for anything Bibi's government has chosen to do here (and most reasonable people, including, apparently, Kane and myself, find it unreasonable, counterproductive, stupid, and arguably a war-crime), but that doesn't make it any less a fact.

It's also a fact, just as Kane stated, that Hamas clearly wanted this to happen, and is reaping maximum political advantage from it all, just as I and lots of others believe that Bibi did as well.

You're entitled, and probably well-justified, to be disgusted and horrified at a lot of what Bibi's government has done here, and over the course of his administration (and I'd probably agree with you on most of it).
              You're NOT entitled to make up your own facts, ignore those you don't like (because they don't fit your favorite narrative), call others Liars for stating facts that you don't like, and viciously insult them without any justification, attributing views to them which don't remotely accord with anything they've said.

That's not allowed.

When you insist on doing all those things anyway, we have to ask ourselves, what's your real motivation here?

If you were a little more honest, and a little more decent (perhaps a little more intelligent and objective)  you'd be asking that yourself.

I don't think your apparently-diminished mental capacity's a good-enough excuse.

•  Just to clarify (0+ / 0-)

I do appreciate the support.

But I don't think I clearly stated that Hamas wanted this to happen. If you inferred that from any of my comments, it was not my intent. I don't pretend to understand the psyche of crazy political parties who want to see all Jews dead. I find it difficult to accept that Hamas wanted more dead Palestinians to promote their cause. Both sides will and do use events to bolster their political rhetoric. But wanting more dead people? I don't think so, I hope not.

•  My apologies, sp2. (0+ / 0-)

I'm afraid I had to hr your comment. Asking people if they are brain damaged is so offensive it is damaging to the site. I will look for a non-offensive comment you've made elsewhere to rec to off-set.

Unfortunately two people have uprated your comment already. I wish they hadn't done that.

Why do I have the feeling George W. Bush joined the Stonecutters, ate a mess of ribs, and used the Constitution as a napkin?

by Matt Z on Sat Jul 26, 2014 at 04:18:16 PM PDT

•  Another lie (0+ / 0-)

Once I think I've mentioned Hamas. In more than 20 comments. The rockets were fired. All year. That's not a lie. That's the absolute truth. Do you think Hamas has no responsibility for the hundreds of rockets that have been fired from Gaza into Israel this year before the last month? Do you think the Israeli response to the rockets should be different if every single one of them were solely the responsibility of Hamas?

•  Now THAT statement does deserve HR's per the site (4+ / 0-)

admin and rules. No saying FU. Only Markos is allowed to do that.

Naughty naughty.  I won't HR even though you deserve it, though, because I've been in a discussion with you in this diary. Those are the rules.

by YucatanMan on Fri Jul 25, 2014 at 11:29:31 PM PDT

•  Lane, that FU (5+ / 0-)

Should get a HR.
          And you do insinuate that if Hamas doesn't fire rockets, Israel wouldn't murder so many Palestinians.
          I will repeat this. Israel has been killing them before Hamas ever existed.

Barack Obama has made a cottage industry out of negotiating with himself, prostrating himself before the big donors and generally allowing himself to be rolled by the Republicans. This is who he is and this is what he does.

by snoopydawg on Sat Jul 26, 2014 at 12:14:04 AM PDT

•  Damn auto correct. I meant Kane. (2+ / 0-)
            davidincleveland, YucatanMan

by snoopydawg on Sat Jul 26, 2014 at 12:14:57 AM PDT

•  Maybe you could find it (0+ / 0-)

where I insinuated that if Hamas doesn't fire rockets, then Israel wouldn't murder Palestinians. Israel is responsible for all civilian deaths that it causes. The bombing of Gaza is a direct result of rockets flying from Gaza into Israel.

You really think that saying "fuck you" is worse than spreading vicious lies about someone? Maybe a little balance is in order.

•  do you grieve the dead Palestinian kids? (2+ / 0-)
      Lepanto, davidincleveland

do you grieve the destroyed Palestinian families?

do you regret the targeting of homes?

are you outraged that we're paying for the carnage?

•  you cannot HR someone you've been in a discussion (3+ / 0-)

with, per site rules.

You weren't called a name. Your position was characterized. Not the same thing. HR abuse.

by YucatanMan on Fri Jul 25, 2014 at 11:25:42 PM PDT

•  HR for retaliation (1+ / 1-)
      cville townie
      Hidden by:
      Kane in CA

Iron sharpens Iron. Normal is a dryer setting. STOP illegal immigration NOW! -- Make it LEGAL. If Corporations are People--Let's draft them.

by benamery21 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 at 08:49:26 PM PDT

•  feel better? (0+ / 0-)

do you?

it wasn't retaliation.

•  I'm pretty confident that it was (0+ / 0-)

I'm sure this one was.  You apparently wouldn't understand intellectual honesty if it bit you on the ass.

Bye now.