View Diary: Israel admits HAMAS didn't kidnap the 3 Israeli teens after all (565 comments)

•  No, you advocate surrender (10+ / 0-)

not peace. You refuse to even discuss the occupation.

No War but Class War

by AoT on Fri Jul 25, 2014 at 09:17:18 PM PDT

•  I don't know how old you are (0+ / 0-)

but it's very possible that my opposition to any Israeli government involvement in Judea and Samaria (before it was renamed the west bank), and in Gaza predates your birth.

•  Oh, well, if your old then (8+ / 0-)

you must be right. Nice job with the ageism. What an absolute joke. And if you oppose the actions of the Israeli government then you could speak out against them in some way other than just platitude about how everyone needs to be peaceful. They lied and invaded and killed tens and kidnapped hundreds. You still put the blame for everything on Hamas.

No War but Class War

by AoT on Fri Jul 25, 2014 at 09:29:49 PM PDT

•  Is there some (0+ / 0-)

shortage of people speaking out against Israel here? Will 100 more people writing comments on the internet cause peace to break out? There are scores of inequities all over the world. I'm grateful when they are brought to my attention, particularly when they provide information that I didn't previously have. But more internet comments won't cure any of them.

•  I don't know how old YOU are, but it's a fact that (5+ / 0-)

I became politically 'aware' when my Dominionist missionary parents held a spontaneous prayer meeting of praise (in our kitchen --a first) as the UN vote to partition Palestine came over our radio. I was five.

Five years later, when we were on our mission station in Bopolo, Liberia and I was reading a copy of Time or perhaps an American newspaper, I read a reference to "the uninhabited land of Palestine" and I flashed back to that vote memory. I thought, 'Why did they need to divide up an empty land?'

Neither your very possible nor my factual early bios are actually germane to AoT's points, unless you were using yours to plead early-onset. So let's speak of those points. Do you dispute the facts in the diary and the underlying premise that it is both wrong and evil to suggest that Hamas provoked the Israel Government into attacking blockaded Gaza yet again from land, sea and air?

Enough fossil fuel remains on Earth to warm it 6 degrees C by 2100 AD if it is all used. A +6 C planet will only sustain half a billion humans. Human population will rise to 9 billion by 2050. Any questions?

by davidincleveland on Sat Jul 26, 2014 at 06:04:18 AM PDT

•  I don't see (0+ / 0-)

much in the way of "facts" in the diary. I see one reporter's claim that she has proof that Israel knew that it wasn't a kidnapping and was actually a murder, and that those responsible for those murders are affiliated with Hamas.

Even if these yet unsubstantiated "facts" are true, it wouldn't be any kind of "aha" moment. Israel didn't respond to the possibly false reports of a kidnapping by bombing Gaza. They responded to hundreds of rockets being fired from Gaza into Israel.

I'm more than a bit mystified that people seem to think that the murder of the 3 young men is somehow less horrific than if they had been kidnapped. Neither is justification for what Israel has done over the last 3 weeks, and I haven't seen anywhere that Israel has attempted to use that horrific event as justification. But if they had, wouldn't murdering 3 boys be at least as bad as kidnapping them?

•  Only one of two things could account for this (2+ / 0-)
            IndieGuy, Black Mare

reply. Either you didn't read the diary or you're deliberately lying. Either way, I'm done pretending we're communicating, and pretending to believe you are sincere-but-ignorant. May every death you've added your shameful obfuscation to haunt your nights and keep you sleepless.

by davidincleveland on Sat Jul 26, 2014 at 08:34:47 AM PDT

•  Really (0+ / 0-)

I've killed people because I can't see invisible facts?

Of course you can't actually provide any clarity for those invisible facts, because they don't exist in this diary. "someone said" is not proof. Kidnapped kids are not worse than dead kids. To the family and friends of those boys, dead at the hands of Hamas is not significantly different than dead at the hands of people who are allied with Hamas. Just as dead at the hands of right wing extremists is not significantly different than dead at the hands of the Israeli government. Dead is dead.

•  Ah. I wronged you. Forgive me. I now understand (1+ / 0-)
                DeadHead

your problem. Not lack of diary-and-links reading at all --or not necessarily. You 'translated'

death you've added your shameful obfuscation to
                [emphases for the visually impaired]
                into
                killed people
                Reading comprehension.

by davidincleveland on Sat Jul 26, 2014 at 10:05:15 AM PDT

•  maybe you skipped a word (0+ / 0-)

Maybe I've misunderstood what you meant by that sentence. But even after reading it a few times, I have no idea what it's supposed to mean other than me causing deaths. Maybe a word is missing, maybe a comma is missing. Either way, you'll have to point to anywhere I've obfuscated anything.

•  I'm on Medicare (0+ / 0-)

And I read the same info as AoT.

I have no idea what your age is.

This has nothing to do with age.

It has to do with believing one rogue state's propaganda or not.

Every time a poor person dies a Republican gets his horns.

by Black Mare on Sat Jul 26, 2014 at 12:56:05 PM PDT

• Recommended (128)
  • Community (55)
  • 2016 (43)
  • Environment (38)
  • Republicans (34)
  • Elections (34)
  • Bernie Sanders (33)
  • Culture (31)
  • Hillary Clinton (26)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (24)
  • Labor (24)
  • Climate Change (22)
  • Education (22)
  • Barack Obama (22)
  • Media (21)
  • GOP (20)
  • Civil Rights (20)
  • Economy (19)
  • Affordable Care Act (18)
  • Texas (18)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site