View Diary: Cuomo's primary opponent addresses fracktovists (bigger update on fracking) (116 comments)

•  C'mon is there something abt the word exploitation (6+ / 0-)

you don't understand? The quote doesn't say "all fossil fuel use in NY ended".

"We can either have democracy in this country or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few. But we can't have both." - Justice Louis Brandeis

by flitedocnm on Sun Aug 10, 2014 at 06:51:27 AM PDT

•  Oh, I see, "exploitation" means you will exploit (0+ / 0-)

us. Or you will exploit Nigerians. It has nothing to do with having a carbon footprint about the size of the empire state building. Exploit does not mean burning all the carbon but messing up someone else's back yard. I thought that when you fly to Europe on a jet powered by oil you were exploiting the carbon in that fuel to push the jetliner, perhaps powered by unicorn farts?

We have those same exploiters move out here to Boulder. I can hear it in their accents. Complete disconnect from reality. I think it comes from being ungodly wealthy.

“Conservation… is a positive exercise of skill and insight, not merely a negative exercise of abstinence and caution…” Aldo Leopold

by ban nock on Sun Aug 10, 2014 at 07:19:31 AM PDT

•  But it doesn't serve the lame (3+ / 0-)
      CenPhx, flitedocnm, NoMoreLies

narrative unless you work from this point:

all fossil fuel use in NY ended
      I don't think some people realize how laughably insulting they are to other peoples' intelligence, while they're shoveling such narrative all over a comments section.

"Counting on people having nowhere else to go is the logic of a slumlord."--Wolf10

by lunachickie on Sun Aug 10, 2014 at 08:56:04 AM PDT

•  Sorry, I was aiming for playful and I managed (0+ / 0-)

to be insulting. I should remember not to comment before coffee... Again, sorry.

by flitedocnm on Sun Aug 10, 2014 at 09:26:39 AM PDT

•  I was in no way referencing your comment (0+ / 0-)

no need for you to apologize, flite...

by lunachickie on Sun Aug 10, 2014 at 09:29:35 AM PDT

•  Thanks, no worries luna :) (0+ / 0-)

by flitedocnm on Thu Aug 14, 2014 at 01:42:54 PM PDT