View Diary: Ferguson PD release packet smearing Brown, but with no information on why he was shot (197 comments)

•  What's the timestamp on the video? How old is it? (10+ / 0-)

Did it happen this month?  This YEAR?

What store did this happen in?  Was it within walking distance of the incident?

Someone is cherry-picking evidence to build a coverup.

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
    I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
    —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Fri Aug 15, 2014 at 11:44:40 AM PDT

•  Well, that's one of the fucking problems (14+ / 0-)

the time stamp:  The altercation on the video begins at @11:53:44 on August 9th.  The incident lasts under a minute but the whole time you can see the shop owner.  Now, If you pull up the link in the diary of the info packet, you will see that the report date is Aug, 9, 2014 at 11:51.  The investigation is on Aug. 13th at 20:26.

shanikka has found multiple problems with the info packet and I do hope she is writing a diary.

" My faith in the Constitution is whole; it is complete; it is total." Barbara Jordan, 1974

by gchaucer2 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 at 12:03:49 PM PDT

•  Manufactured incident report, IMHO. (9+ / 0-)

Would be interesting to see the 8/9 tape backups to see what was originally in the report, if any.

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
        I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
        —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Fri Aug 15, 2014 at 12:08:00 PM PDT

•  this is floating around twtitter right now (4+ / 0-)
        Sylv, gchaucer2, freesia, OldDragon

link

(I am not sure of its veracity)

Dawkins is to atheism as Rand is to personal responsibility. Russia Today=FoxNews, Seralini=Wakefield. yadda yadda.

by terrypinder on Fri Aug 15, 2014 at 12:08:35 PM PDT

•  According to the report there is a second suspect (8+ / 0-)

(page 8) and the officer who (theoretically) wrote it identified Dorian Johnson as that individual.

So why isn't Johnson under arrest?

BECAUSE THE REPORT HADN'T BEEN WRITTEN YET WHEN BROWN WAS MURDERED.

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
        I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
        —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Fri Aug 15, 2014 at 12:09:59 PM PDT

•  video timestamps are notoriously unreliable (1+ / 0-)
        sethtriggs

Very often, they are not even adjusted for daylight savings time, etc., nor fixed when off - if someone even notices!

•  Yeah, yeah (0+ / 0-)

we pretty much already know how you feel about this case.

by gchaucer2 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 at 12:28:21 PM PDT

•  really! (0+ / 0-)

Pls enlighten me..

My current feeling is: we don't have enough data for the kind of speculation going on here.

But, if the friend of Brown's account is accurate, the cop shot this kid for no good reason - even if they had struggled a moment before.

Current reports are that the cop did not initially stop Brown for the robbery, but just wanted the kid to stop blocking traffic.

Did Brown think he was being stopped for the robbery and reacted?  Did he really lunge into the car and go for the cops gun?

Don't know.. but doesn't matter.  Once Brown (and I shouldn't call him a kid since he was 6'4" and 300 lbs) was out of his face, no shots should have been fired.

But, go ahead.. you know what I'm thinking..

•  Or you could watch the video just after the murder (0+ / 0-)

Brown's companion has stated very clearly that they had not been blocking traffic. That wasn't the reason for the officer's sudden unprovoked show of aggression in first trying to choke Brown, reaching through his vehicle's window to get at him. Even if they had blocked traffic, cop school would have taught the shooter that attempting to choke a subject isn't recommended procedure.

The witnesses in the direct aftermath of the shooting say, "He was already on the ground..." and "His hands were up..." The preliminary autopsy has Brown in a kneeling or lowered position, as he was shot through the arm and the head and the very top of his head... from 1-2 feet away. How was he grabbing for the officer's gun from that far away? And why did no one say they witnessed this when they were there and saw Brown being shot with his hands up? I think it kind of does matter. Any inaccuracy makes enormous differences in a murder investigation.

This, by the way, should be viral. I'm not fb friends with the person who posted this and I was able to view it just by clicking on their page.