View Diary: What Else Doesn’t The White House Know About What’s Going On In Ferguson, MO? (273 comments)

•  Don't pretend you aren't trying to implicate Obama (13+ / 0-)

Your diary title might as well be:
    What does Obama know and when did he know it?
    Lol
    Even the BuzzFeed article you link to has the accuracy and decency to point out that the militarization of the police started around 1990. Or as you conveniently put it, "the past few years". Blech.

I ♥ President Barack Obama.

by ericlewis0 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 07:45:51 AM PDT

•  Out of bounds, Eric. The fact that I have no... (5+ / 0-)
      ericlewis0, Mr Robert, ozsea1, JVolvo, gerrilea

...doubts that the President deeply and sincerely wants to resolve the problems in Ferguson has little or nothing to do with the reality that he's also at the forefront of expanding a surveillance state that he really doesn't--and never will--fully control; especially at the local level. These matters are NOT mutually exclusive. Your comment deserves to be h.r.'ed, since you're obviously going to great lengths to put sentiments into my writing that, simply, DO NOT EXIST!

Our local police are armed to their teeth with powerful hardware (and software) these days...both militarily and technologically speaking.

Add to that a distorted MSM view of the matter, along with an administration that has far too often supported quashing the Fourth Estate, and what's happening in Ferguson IS what can happen; and IS happening, before our very eyes.

Rinse. Repeat.

Clearly, you have a problem with these FACTS.

"I always thought if you worked hard enough and tried hard enough, things would work out. I was wrong." --Katharine Graham

by bobswern on Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 08:42:58 AM PDT

•  Sorry if I offended you, Bob. Seriously (6+ / 0-)

I could have supported a diary with a less backhandedly accusatory title, and perhaps one that began with your own words:

I have no doubts that the President deeply and sincerely wants to resolve the problems in Ferguson has little or nothing to do with the reality that he's also at the forefront of expanding a surveillance state that he really doesn't--and never will--fully control; especially at the local level...

I ♥ President Barack Obama.

by ericlewis0 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 09:42:34 AM PDT

•  Well, Eric, the... (3+ / 0-)
          JVolvo, gerrilea, DeadHead

...I-support-what-you-say-but-not-how-you-say-it mantra is kinda played-out around here. In fact, the entire mentality of STYLE over SUBSTANCE is pretty freakin' off-putting. There IS NOTHING DISRESPECTFUL, as far as the administration's concerned, in my diary. (And, any attempts to put forth any "argument" otherwise are, simply, conjecture and bullshit.) You might be upset about some of the FACTS in this post, but that's actually your problem--and, obviously, the problem of far too many others in this community for my liking--not mine.

by bobswern on Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 10:16:28 AM PDT

•  There's absolutely NOTHING "backhanded" about... (3+ / 0-)
            JVolvo, gerrilea, DeadHead

...the headline, especially when you consider the headline in Onomastic's diary.

Asking what else the White House doesn't know (or, maybe, in some instances needs a reminder about), in terms of what's happening in Ferguson, is an extremely LEGITIMATE question.

The fact that a Democratic governor would do what he did--as far as the National Guard's concerned--merely emphasizes MY headline's legitimacy.

But, you don't understand that, do you? (Anything disrespectful that you might "read" into my words is of your own imagination.)

by bobswern on Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 10:39:52 AM PDT

•  But a diary by Onomastic is...different...somehow. (2+ / 0-)
              DeadHead, gerrilea

I can't figure out what that might be.  Hmm.  Let me think about it...

"If you're in a coalition and you're comfortable, you know it's not a broad enough coalition /= GTFO" Dr. Bernice Johnson Reagon + JVolvo

by JVolvo on Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 12:10:10 PM PDT

•  Thank God least-powerful man in world has (2+ / 0-)
      gerrilea, DeadHead

such motivated bloggy protectors. Otherwise his rep might take a hit.

Whew.