View Diary: Cop cams could change police behavior, but technology can only do so much (175 comments)

•  big brother's added a lot of weight to everyone's (6+ / 0-)

shoulders - soon we'll all be piggy-backed

Warning - some snark may be above‽ (-9.50; -7.03)‽ eState4Column5©2013 "If we appear to seek the unattainable, then let it be known that we do so to avoid the unimaginable." (@eState4Column5)

by annieli on Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 12:32:54 PM PDT

•  Technology tends towards (3+ / 0-)
      worldlotus, cville townie, BYw

...miniaturization. If they can put cams on migrating birds, this will be a piece of cake.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." —John Kenneth Galbraith

by eyeswideopen on Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 01:03:11 PM PDT

•  here's your RF-ID chip with CCD imager /nt (2+ / 0-)
        blueoasis, dinotrac

by annieli on Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 01:04:34 PM PDT

•  If I'm in a position of power (5+ / 0-)

...and ultimate responsibility for other people's lives by virtue of carrying weapons under cover of authority, then I should have them. Along with higher wages, that should sort out the problem nicely.

Knock on effect might be that officers could instantly get the help they may need in a serious situation without having to stop and make a call, and assisting officers would already know what's happening before they show up to render assistance.

I personally am glad that the various cells in my body have sensors that communicate to others what is going on. Otherwise, protoplasmic goo. With an autoimmune disease.

by eyeswideopen on Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 01:13:37 PM PDT

•  Pigs are little more uncooperative than birds. (4+ / 0-)
        annieli, OldDragon, white blitz, BYw

Birds don't have an innate revulsion to having their nasty behavior documented.

•  Redundancy would help (0+ / 0-)

Redundant back up systems for when the main one goes down for whatever reason. If the second one goes down too, intent to destroy evidence becomes obvious.

by eyeswideopen on Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 03:08:34 PM PDT

•  You know, by using the word pigs to describe a (3+ / 0-)
          ban nock, lgmcp, METAL TREK

whole group of people, you are dehumanizing.  So I guess its ok for others to keep using the word thug, or animal.  Cant we be better than them?

•  been reading all kinds of things on this web site (1+ / 0-)
            zmom

lately.

“Conservation… is a positive exercise of skill and insight, not merely a negative exercise of abstinence and caution…” Aldo Leopold

by ban nock on Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 03:43:15 PM PDT

•  You may address them as you wish (1+ / 0-)
            annieli

I find they are dehumanizing us and many of us are just sitting there and taking it and some seem to think that no matter what the cops do we shouldn't do a thing.

I disagree.

And.... the so-called 'good cops' we are all supposed to respect, where are they?

Haven't seen any of them: they're all silent.

Haven't heard any cops refusing to take part in all the reindeer games. It's good times for them.

Respect is earned and they have lost it. It's gonna be a long time before the smell of pork is gone.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to complain about me when this is about cops killing people and stomping on our rights and nobody doing jack shit about it.

•  So I guess you are choosing to ignore the (0+ / 0-)

point of how racism plus dehumanization causes people to do horrible things to other people, isn't that is kinda why the community of Ferguson is in pain today?

This should be about getting justice for Michael Brown, de-militarizing the police forces, getting our society to have a paradigm shift on how we are to be served and protected, and the biggest challenge of all, yes, seeing each person for who they really are and how they act in society, not judging by color of skin, religious belief, economic status, who they love or the job they keep.

So before you get all over me about not focusing on what's important, maybe you should get out of your own hate, because it appears that is whats most important to you today.

•  Oh my... Now Ferguson is my fault. (0+ / 0-)

Why can't I use my fabulous power for something good, like making myself rich?

Your attitude is offensive and ridiculous but also sort of entertaining. I like it when people think I have power I don't see.

Heh

(Don't click that.)

•  PS (0+ / 0-)
                You fucking started this.

Don't start whining if you get confronted on it.

•  You post a comment, I comment back, that's (0+ / 0-)

what this is, a blog.  You certainly don't have to agree with my comments, but man, you are wound a little too tight - I honestly hope you have a nice evening, that's not snark.

•   Take some responsibility. (0+ / 0-)

Do not start shit with people then blame them for it, and then whine about it.

I'm wound too tight? I didnt start shit with you and then get all pissy.

That is some Grade-A stupid shit.

And LEARN from this.

Do not talk to me if you are going to piss on me and then get whiny.

I won't be bothering you.

There's a million people here. Go talk to one of them.