View Diary: Police kill another black man while in custody (81 comments)

•  Shrug nt (4+ / 0-)
    commonmass, nota bene, NancyWH, poco

I voted Tuesday, May 6, 2014 because it is my right, my responsibility and because my parents moved from Alabama to Ohio to vote. Unfortunately, the republicons want to turn Ohio into Alabama.

by a2nite on Thu Aug 28, 2014 at 10:46:10 AM PDT

•  Why the shrug? Do explain, I'm on your side. n/t (3+ / 0-)
      a2nite, Sam Sara, NancyWH

"To take another person's life from the bench is no better than to take another person's life from the street"

by commonmass on Thu Aug 28, 2014 at 10:49:06 AM PDT

•  I know, it's a non-response response; the (13+ / 0-)

Problem is some people don't wanna listen ( not you). Some people don't care because it ain't their problem. Some people don't want to be honest about their feelings. Some people want to hold onto their white supremacy.

What can I do but rant into the internet? I'm too ranty in person unless I have a script. The truth is hard.

Yeah, we're definitely on the same side!!!!

Thanks for commenting.

by a2nite on Thu Aug 28, 2014 at 11:03:00 AM PDT

•  I get it. (8+ / 0-)

Don't forget, I live in a racially intergrated (by marriage) family and I'm a faggot. (Please, we've reclaimed that word).

WE ARE on the same side. And I'm as angry as you are. Lots of white people are. Lots of Latina/o's are, and lots of black people are.

WE ARE ON THE SAME SIDE. The America we want to see.

by commonmass on Thu Aug 28, 2014 at 11:07:35 AM PDT

•  Thanks nt (5+ / 0-)
            commonmass, Chi, worldlotus, NancyWH, poco

by a2nite on Thu Aug 28, 2014 at 11:16:50 AM PDT

•  Thanks, (0+ / 0-)

both of you.  Read this earlier on my computer at work.  The people who don't "get it," or don't want to listen, are just as affected by those refusing to raise the minimum wage, refusing to have federal protection for LGBT community, refuse to pass an ERA, refuse to pass single payer, and generally don't want to do anything that will help "them."

You may have heard me say this before, but the ones who won't listen think they are an "us," and don't realize they are "them's" to the 2%.

"The light which puts out our sight is darkness to us." Thoreau

by NancyWH on Thu Aug 28, 2014 at 02:42:10 PM PDT