View Diary: Experimental Ebola vaccine to be tested on humans (35 comments)

•  Not a diary. Please delete. (1+ / 0-)
    aoeu

Without significantly more commentary in your own words, this is just linkspam.

Stop the FCC from killing the Internet! E-mail them. Call them. Tell the President & your congressmen to help save Internet freedom!

by Brown Thrasher on Tue Sep 02, 2014 at 11:12:59 AM PDT

•  The 'permission' strikes me as dubious. (1+ / 0-)
      Brown Thrasher

From so many sources?

•  The "with permission" is accurate (0+ / 0-)

In many (but not all cases), I use RepubHub, which offers content from a variety of sources -- so long as I embed them with the ads that come with them.

Other times, I get permission to post things directly. Or, I use content published under a Creative Commons license that allows people to republish things with attribution.

When I do the latter, I usually let the publisher know I will be doing that. If they offer an automatic "ping" counter, I embed it into the code.

Sometimes, I aggregate content or use a press release as a jumping off point.

I don't have the resources to do a lot of original reporting at this point. But I am hoping that I will eventually be able to do that.

Please do not imply accusations when you do not know the facts. It's hard enough to be a tiny, start-up web publisher without that kind of thing happening.

When you visit Wonky News Nerd, John Boehner cries.

by WonkyNewsNerd on Tue Sep 02, 2014 at 02:53:31 PM PDT

•  Don't have permission to post the whole thing here (0+ / 0-)

That would not fit the terms of use for RepubHub content.

So, I posted a short section and a link to the rest. That's a pretty commonplace thing to do.

I don't see why that should make anyone angry.

When you visit Wonky News Nerd, John Boehner cries.

by WonkyNewsNerd on Tue Sep 02, 2014 at 02:45:08 PM PDT

•  Point Set Match. (0+ / 0-)
        Don't have permission to post the whole thing here
        •  First of all, we're not playing a game (0+ / 0-)

So, there are no points sets or matches. I was merely explaining why I could post the whole article on the site I own, but not here. And that's why I posted an excerpt from the story and a link to where it was legally posted.

For the life of me, I don't understand why that makes you so very angry and offended. But frankly, I'm starting to care less and less about that. I just want you to go away. If you must be mean and vindictive, please find another target.

When you visit Wonky News Nerd, John Boehner cries.

by WonkyNewsNerd on Tue Sep 02, 2014 at 07:59:47 PM PDT

•  I suppose I could (0+ / 0-)

But the point of a forum like this is to share information. That's what I did here. I'm not selling anything. I am just sharing content that I find interesting with the idea that others might find it interesting as well.

I remain perplexed about why you are so horribly bent out of shape. You have made zero comments that addressed the content. All of them have been aimed at derailing the discussion with implied accusations that you won't explain in a straightforward way.

If you have something to ask me, please ask it. Otherwise, go away.

When you visit Wonky News Nerd, John Boehner cries.

by WonkyNewsNerd on Tue Sep 02, 2014 at 08:25:13 PM PDT

•  Read the rule: (0+ / 0-)
                10. Spam.
                The following is prohibited: the promotion of commercial products unrelated to the site's mission. Multiple diaries or comments repeating the same information over and over again. The use of the site to aggressively and systematically promote another web property, without fully engaging on this one.
    •  Not spam (0+ / 0-)

Spam usually implies an attempt to sell something to someone. I am just delivering a link to a news item.

When you visit Wonky News Nerd, John Boehner cries.

by WonkyNewsNerd on Tue Sep 02, 2014 at 03:00:47 PM PDT