View Diary: I'd Like to Slap the Shit Out of McCain and Graham (36 comments)

•  your title is not considered proper... (6+ / 0-)

around these parts.

I sing praises in the church of nonsense, but in my heart I'm still an atheist, demanding sense of all things.

by jbou on Fri Sep 05, 2014 at 08:21:34 AM PDT

•  Indeed (5+ / 0-)

Mr. Curmudgeon, nobody will look at a thing you are saying in this diary if you don't remove the b-word in the title.

"A whiteshirt then showed up...": St. Louis resident discussing his local police.

by ExpatGirl on Fri Sep 05, 2014 at 08:33:16 AM PDT

•  Changed (1+ / 0-)
        ExpatGirl

My apologies

If the theories of Karl Marx have been so completely disproved, why are people still arguing with them?

by crankycurmudgeon on Fri Sep 05, 2014 at 09:40:15 AM PDT

•  I uprated your tip jar just in case the (4+ / 0-)

panty-wadding HR addicts show up to punish you for your egregious call to violence.

They make it so one can't speak like a normal person who exists in the reality-based world many here are fond of referencing.

It's so annoying.

I understand your language is merely metaphorical and that you aren't taking time out of your day to actually hit them, no matter how much they deserve it nor how amazingly gratifying it would be.

Good on ya for listening to others about the B-word, though.

You can give a 9 yo Girl an Uzi but you can't make pot brownies for adults.

[41984 | Feb 4, 2005]

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Sep 05, 2014 at 09:54:55 AM PDT

•  Rock on (0+ / 0-)

The fastest way to watch a diary derailed around here is to use any terminology that could be construed as 'demeaning' one group or another (like women).

I've seen some really brilliant stuff garner hundreds of comments about a single word in over a thousand used - the actual meaning of what the diary was about being completely lost.

by ExpatGirl on Fri Sep 05, 2014 at 11:52:49 PM PDT

•  Changed. (2+ / 0-)
      xxdr zombiexx, jbou

by crankycurmudgeon on Fri Sep 05, 2014 at 09:39:39 AM PDT

•  two problems: 4-letter words in diary titles... (1+ / 0-)
        David54

.... cause the site to get auto-censored in public places such as libraries and schools.  And "slap the shit out of" is assault & battery, which is bannable under the "no violence" rule.

I'd suggest something like "tickle them with feathers" instead, which expresses strong disapproval without risking getting banned.

GOTV as if your life depends on it, because somebody's life does.

by G2geek on Fri Sep 05, 2014 at 10:09:44 AM PDT

•  slap the snot out of won't work either, I (0+ / 0-)

assume.
          While I have the exact same feeling, which I struggle with daily, I think diarists should take the best interests of the site into consideration, esp. in this case in which if this gets FB shared, then it's going to attract a lot of attention that you're saying this about a pow veteran who was tortured.

Not good  pr.

You can't make this stuff up.

by David54 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 at 10:43:07 AM PDT