View Diary: DCCC post-mortem ignores Hackett war stance (312 comments)

•  Look, I'll Be Blunt: You're Fucking Stupid... (none)
    ...or dishonest.  You choose.

I've asked Bob for an explanation, and you've spun it 150 different fucking ways to make me into the one who's attacking Democrats.

Stupid or dishonest.  Whichever one is up to you.

The revolution will not be televised, but we'll analyze it to death at The Next Hurrah.

by Dana Houle on Sat Aug 06, 2005 at 08:26:28 AM PDT

•  Man, even after a good night's sleep (none)
      your reading skills are STILL horrible! (I trust you had a good night's sleep, at least...)

Look, wanker, I never accused you of attacking "Democrats" -- in the abstract plural sense -- I've accused you of attacking, in a dishonest and unfair way, Bob Brigham.

Now, you can "spin" that however you want, but in my mind you're simply avoiding your own (ir)responsibility in this entire discussion.

I cried when they shot Medgar Evers
      tears ran down my spine
      -- Phil Ochs

by litho on Sat Aug 06, 2005 at 08:38:46 AM PDT

•  Stupid or Dishonest? (none)
        I've accused you of attacking, in a dishonest and unfair way, Bob Brigham

...who was attacking democrats in a dishonest and unfair way!

OK for Bob to do it, but, according to you, not OK for me to call Bob on it?

That you appear to be incapable of understanding this distinction has me leaning to stupid...

by Dana Houle on Sat Aug 06, 2005 at 08:42:41 AM PDT

•  It's HOW you did, DH (none)
          and how you did it amounts to stalking and harassment, plain and simple.

You may not believe me, but I actually am interested in seeing an honest and forthright discussion between you and Bob on the issues.

Unfortunately, based on what I've seen here, I don't think you are capable of having such a discussion.

You know, pyrrho had a diary up this morning on dKos etiquette, and TarheelDem made the following statement in a comment:

Troll-rating should be for posts (not people, posts) that unnecessarily seek a fight just for the purpose of fighting--that are intended to initiate a flame war. Regardless of opinion or ideology.

If you don't see yourself in that quote, then you need a new mirror.

I cried when they shot Medgar Evers
          tears ran down my spine
          -- Phil Ochs

by litho on Sat Aug 06, 2005 at 08:53:14 AM PDT

•  very couragous of you (none)
          to take on Bob like this, with nary a word for Markos.

I do believe that it's Markos' diary you keep responding to, and that he was the one who tapped the words "political malpractice" into his keyboard.

You're very selective in your targets.  Much like the DCCC.

Comments referring only to ratings are a nuisance. Noise. They waste time and bandwidth. We're all dumber for having read them.

by willowby on Sat Aug 06, 2005 at 11:31:46 AM PDT

•  Oh, Grow the Fuck Up (none)
            It was a comment in response to Bob's comment, not the entire diary.  If I don't have a right to respond to Bob's comment unless I'm responding to the entire fucking diary, tell me how the fuck your comment right here has anything to do with Sirota's post?

Bob can accuse people of malpractice, skate away rather than defend him accusation, and you guys make him into a martyr?

Give me a fucking break.

And look around; I directly addressed Markos in this thread.

Sit down and shut up until you have something worthwhile to say.

by Dana Houle on Sat Aug 06, 2005 at 12:34:57 PM PDT

•  making Bob a martyr? (none)
              You're kidding me with this, right?  It's clear to anyone who's not threatened by Bob's success that his earthly political life isn't expiring anytime soon.  There's little need for a crown of thorns just yet.

Btw, who said you had to respond to the entire diary? I merely pointed out something you seem to have missed, or perhaps deliberately ignored, again and again.

I refer to the final three lines in this diary; Markos' words, not Bob's:

The fact that the DCCC ignores one of the most striking lessons of the Hackett race is mind-boggling. If there was such a thing as "political malpractice", they would be guilty of it.

If it's the accusation of "political malpractice" that has your panties in such a twist, the attacking of other Dems, I don't see that reflected in your respectful reply to Markos here:

I Think Sirota Completely Misses the Point (4.00 / 4)

This document isn't really a strategy memo, it's a rah-rah thing that they pass around for fundraising purposes.  This isn't really to House Dems to talk with them about strategy, it's for potential donors to hear the "pitch" for why investing in the House Democrats is a good investment.

Come to think of it, nor do I recall you taking issue with Markos for making similar comments about the DLC here:

In reality, it's about who controls the money. And that's why the DLC is becoming irrelevant (hence the importance to them of the Hillary pact), and why it is doomed to irrelevance. There are plenty of "centrist" organizations within the Democratic Party that have not earned the ire of the rest of the party. The DLC stands alone.

So what's left? Let the DLC fizzle out on its own? We could do that. It has a limited shelf life.

Or we can help the process along, working collectively to hasten the process. And I've got a plan to do just that.

Consider this a teaser. ETA is four weeks.

If it's attacking other Dems that serves as the basis of your narrowly-aimed blustering bravado, then you're the biggest pussy here for not calling Markos out on it too.

by willowby on Sat Aug 06, 2005 at 01:48:45 PM PDT