View Diary: Today in Crawford, TX with Cindy Sheehan UPDATED w/pics (241 comments)

•  Bona fide trolling (none)
    I don't know if you're a troll, but you are certainly trolling this diary.  Have a cookie:

Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
    1 cup granulated sugar
    2 large eggs
    1 cup blanched hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
    3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350F and butter and flour a large baking sheet.

In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined well. Stir in flour mixture to form a stiff dough. Stir in hazelnuts and chocolate chips.

On prepared baking sheet with floured hands from dough into two slightly flattened logs, each 12 inches long and 2 inches wide, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Bake logs 35 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch. Cool biscotti on baking sheet 5 minutes.

On a cutting board cut biscotti diagonally into 3/4-inch slices. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes. Cool biscotti on a rack.

I've made it very clear, he was not involved, that there's no truth to the suggestion that he was.-McClellan, 2003

by GN1927 on Sun Aug 07, 2005 at 04:29:31 PM PDT

•  FEEBLE (none)
      I see.. so I'm a "troll" if I don't just go along with the flow of the discussion and pretend everything is OK like a good little robot?

take a hike.

It appears increasingly clear that Dkos is just another feeble sort of little club where the requirements for admission are:

1.) pretend the democrats have a solution.

2.) don't ask for much or dig too deep to look for real solutions.. it's just too much work.

I've seen it all before-- specifically at Salon years ago where I predicted Gore's loss eighteen months before it happened.

•  And hence I say you are trolling (2.50)

1.) pretend the democrats have a solution.

What's the purpose of this?  You have littered this thread with non-stop complaints that Sheehan's protest is pointless and then you went off on a weird tangent about protesting and no-fly lists.  As if a grieving mother who has the courage to march up to Bush's vacation home really gives a shit about the inevitable opening of FBI files on her.

You've been obnoxious.

If you have ideas about an effective manner of challenging corruption, by all means, post a diary and invite commenters to participate.

by GN1927 on Sun Aug 07, 2005 at 07:48:44 PM PDT

•  Wrong (none)
          Here's what is obnoxious and pointless:

recognizing there IS a problem (i.e. a never ending war to protect U.S. corporations in the middle east and elsewhere)and insisting on taking the wrong approach in resolving the problem.

let's be truthful: do you or anyone here actually believe Chimpy is going to go out in front of major media and talk face to face with Mrs. Sheehan? and even IF he does, do you actually believe he pull most or all of the troops out of Iraq?

????

you actually believe he has the balls or the authority to make this happen?

please, you can't be that NAIVE. please tell me it ain't so.

apparently you've forgotten Bar's comment not too long ago about "not letting things like this trouple her beautiful mind".

in other words, American troops ARE INDEED expendable and merely grist for the corporate mill.

the 2,000 or so soldiers currently KIA in Iraq can't be brought back. my answer is still the same: families who care about their sons, daughters, husbands, fathers, mothers etc. should STAY away from the U.S. military. avoid it like the plague.

as to the larger picture of what to do politically, I've made myself clear here a number of times in various threads. there's no point in a diary since most of you still don't get it.

I mean no disrespect; I've been posting on public WEB forums since 1998. that's seven years now. in that time things have gotten much, much worse in the U.S. And in that time period I've met a nominal number of people who actually comprehend WHO is running the U.S.

Clue: it's NOT we the people.

I think we can agree that one cannot solve the problem until one recognizes and admits what the problem is.

•  You're being incredibly (none)
            nasty about this, from your cynical and mean-spirited critique of this demonstration to your penchant for throwing out "1"s when others call you on it.

Again, if you have alternative notions of how to fight this battle, by all means, post a diary explaining your position.  But don't denigrate the efforts of others, particularly of a grieving mother who has already scored a public relations hit and is doing her part, as best she can, to end this war.  Shame on you for your negativity and denunciation of her efforts.

by GN1927 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 at 12:42:19 PM PDT

•  Weak Load (none)
              "... demonstration to your penchant for throwing out "1"s when others call you on it."

oh, please. you can't be serious. I've got people putting my comments here into hidden mode left and right. I've every right to give a comment a "One" when in fact it is feeble and unproductive.

AGAIN, let's review my position for those of you who keep insisting on limiting the discussion to the fantasy-land level:

I AGREE with Mrs. Sheehan's desire to PROTEST the needless and pointless death of her son and all the rest at the hands of BushCo.

GET IT? I AGREE!!

what I don't agree with is showing up to protest at Chimpy's barnyard. and again, please be honest enough to answer this: do you ACTUALLY believe BushCo is going to pull out of Iraq because 50 or 100 people get themselves arrested outside the "ranch"??

if you can't answer this then stop wasting my time. which by the way, is my entire point: stop wasting time at the guy's "ranch"-- because he is NOT in charge of what the Pentagon does or doesn't do.

•  Of course she knows he will never talk to her (4.00)
            That is the whole entire point of what she is doing.  What she is doing is very effective!

So...why don't you enlighten us?

The Christian Right is neither Witness Every Day

by TXsharon on Mon Aug 08, 2005 at 01:21:39 PM PDT

•  I think Superpole is just trolling (4.00)
              and trying to do his/her part to stymie an incredible effort which has already yielded media attention.  We are so incredibly proud of you and are behind you 100%.  Ignore Superpole.  You focus on the positive, and leave the trolls to those of us in the Kos community who can't be with you physically, although we are with you in spirit.

by GN1927 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 at 07:42:31 PM PDT

•  Another Weak Load (none)
                this is unbelievable.

so you're telling me the sole purpose of Mrs. Sheehan's protest at the "ranch" is merely to get media attention?

?????

what a load. you've again conveniently overlooked some rather major items.. by all means go ahead and continue to do so, but please don't expect me to go along with your delusion.

•  I said that her protest has been (none)
                  effective in getting media attention.  The purpose of the protest is her son, Superpole.  Because at the end of the day, when Bush is impeached and the GOP is in disgrace, this lady will have to live the rest of her days without her son.  Call me "delusional" if you will.

I don't think our troops should be used for what's called nation building. - George W. Bush, 2000

by GN1927 on Thu Aug 18, 2005 at 04:22:54 PM PDT

• Republicans (29)
  • Climate Change (27)
  • Education (23)
  • Spam (23)
  • Congress (23)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Barack Obama (21)
  • Labor (21)
  • Law (20)
  • Texas (20)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site