View Diary: URGENT FROM BOGALUSA...PEOPLE ARE F**KING DYING (254 comments)

•  I read in Frank Rich's op-ed that CNN and CBS (4.00)
    are setting up offices in New Orleans. Anderson Cooper and others should be commended for the humnaitarian effort of getting at least some honest news out to the public. I'll drop a line to CNN if aothers want to follow. Power in numbers!

"We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane." K. Vonnegut

by wardeo on Sat Sep 17, 2005 at 07:49:05 PM PDT

•  Thanks for the idea (4.00)
      I just sent this to Anderson Cooper 360.
      •  Kenner (4.00)
        I think he said he's going to be in Kenner next week.  I'm assuming that's in LA, but I could be wrong.  Anybody know if it's near Bogalusa?
        •  Kenner (4.00)
          Isn't that below NO?

We are fucking ignored here, NO national media has EVER been here...we need them now.

I don't have the capability to upload fotos cuz of dialup...

•  Kenner (none)
            is a suburb of N.O. It's where the airport is located.
          •  Barbara, (none)
            I don't know about the logistics for you, but if you can get me the pics by mail, this might be impossible for you right now but, I will be glad to upload and host some for you, maybe for a follow up diary.

Thank you for being there for people.  I will email CNN and MSNBC...the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

There is no way to peace. Peace is the way. - Mahatma Gandhi

by otis704 on Sun Sep 18, 2005 at 07:22:54 AM PDT

•  Unfortunately not (none)
          Just did a Map check and looks like Kenner is just South of NOLA, and Bogalusa is about 70 miles North.
          •  Yeah (none)
            I just looked too.  He was in Baton Rouge before and now off to Kenner from NO.  Cooper would be best, but if we bug them maybe we can get somebody else out there.
            •  Hell (4.00)
              I'll go get them
              •  map (none)
                Barb- From New Orleans, take I-10W to Baton Rouge, get off at the Airport exit, head to the airport, most likely where Anderson will be. From Kenner to Bogalusa: go back to I-10, take it East back towards New Orleans, about three miles or so, take the Causeway exit to Covington (North), back over I10- the second off ramp, I think. Take the Causeway bridge over Lake Ponchartrain to Covington (maybe a toll), if they have booth operators on duty. Once in Covington, Bogalusa is West, so follow signs to it.

Can't remember what parish Bogalusa is (Tangipahoa?), but go find the sheriff / deputies, and talk to them. Get the names of poeple you wan to help. That area is close, and it will make thigns work faster with if you say that John & Mary Walker need food, rather than just generic.

Also, got check Ponchatoula, west of Bogalusa My ex's family, the McLendons's, live there, and that area also get ignored.

•  outlying New Orleans (none)
          Kenner is part of the greater New Orleans area; home of the New Orleans International airport. This is in Jefferson Parish where the canal floodwall broke and flooded the neighborhoods, sadly trapping those left in nursing homes.
          Kenner is 68% Anglo, compared to New Orleans which is 69% Black. There are also a lot of Vietnemese families and businesses in Kenner.

Kenner, LA at wikpedia

Thank you, Barbara, for your hard work. Best wishes.

•  Link? (none)

The Christian Right is neither Witness Every Day

by TXsharon on Sat Sep 17, 2005 at 08:39:13 PM PDT

•  NBC is also setting up a bureau in NOLA (4.00)

Cheney died a natural death - on the phone with Halliburton.

by annefrank on Sat Sep 17, 2005 at 08:07:40 PM PDT

•  NBC (4.00)
      has opened an office in New orleans.  Brian Williams and David Gregory have shown real "spine" in covering this story.

Winning without Delay.

by ljm on Sat Sep 17, 2005 at 08:55:00 PM PDT

•  Off the Bogalusa topic (4.00)
        but ABC, including our local affiliate, has been licking up the Bush "apology" as if it was real. They're been running the headline "Bush takes responsibility" ignoring the fact that he blaimed it on "all levels" of government, limited his own culpability to "the extent to which federal gov't didn't do it's job" and never addressed the two biggest disaster factors aside from the Hurricane itself.

1. Bush cut funding for levee maintenance.

2. He gutted FEMA and staffed it, like all his other appointments, with people whose only qualification is loyalty to the Republican party over and above loyalty to the American people and our Constitution.

Okay, all of you know that. But ABC is just making me sick. Good Morning America is insidious propaganda. Covering just enough news so as not to lose it's soothing "everything is good in America" tone.

Ted Koppel might be an exception. I think I heard him asking some tough questions.

•  ABC network news... (none)
          Since Peter Jennings died, ABC is becoming Fox News Network Lite, at least as far as its network news goes. It has been my prediction for a while that George Stephanopoulos will be fired soon, as will John Stossel. Stephanopolos is, of course, a Clinton Democrat; and John Stossel is the wrong kind of conservative (a real one, not a NeoCon) for the New Order at ABC.

Expect Bob Novak to take over This Week when Stephanopolos gets the Golden Shove. I hear he's suddenly "at liberty" after the incident at CNN.

Spread the memes: USA is a Failed State. We have no President.

by MamasGun on Sun Sep 18, 2005 at 10:04:10 AM PDT

•  NBC is setting up a NOLA office. Brian Williams (4.00)
      and others have been doing a great job along with Anderson Cooper.
      •  send it to him, too. (none)
        Anyone send this info to Brian Williams? Does he allow feedback on his blog? MSNBC crashes my browsers all the time. I honestly think this should be sent to Shep Smith on Fox, too. Fox crashed my computer too. Maybe it couldn't stand being up at the same time as DKOS.
      •  Yeah but... (none)
        The MSM Big Daddy's aren't too happy about all the tender loving care some reporters have displayed and are reining them in now.  The Bushie's don't like all the warm fuzzies the Cooper's, Gregory's and William's are producing.  Read this:

•  Rove's longknives were out this morning on CSPAN (4.00)
          Washington Journal during the first hour call-in segment, excoriating  the BBC and CNN's  and some of the other 'mutinous" US broadcast media for their recent surprizingly frank tell-it-like-it-is dead-bodies-and-missing-chidren  coverage of the Katrina disaster.

Not good for Bush's image. There will be hell to pay once the Bushies get a clamp on all these uppity traitorous news people.