View Diary: September dKos Straw Poll results (417 comments)

•  Well, That's What The Pundits Said At The Time (2.50)
    It's not my invention, if invention it is, but conventional wisdom. The Carolinas changed in six years. Edwards as trial lawyer chose his cases with ruthless efficiency. He conducted mock trials with mock juries to see if he could win the case and if he couldn't, he didn't take it. I would think that would apply to politics too, so I believe the analysis myself. And there is nothing wrong with that, I wasn't knocking Edwards per se, although I was knocking the Carolinas as far as them going blue anytime soon.

9/11 + 4 Years = Katrina... Conservatism Kills.

by NewDirection on Tue Sep 20, 2005 at 01:34:24 PM PDT

•  Oh Great... Edwards Troll Rating Abusers (none)
      Heh. That's cute.

9/11 + 4 Years = Katrina... Conservatism Kills.

by NewDirection on Tue Sep 20, 2005 at 02:04:05 PM PDT

•  Unproductive Dude (none)
        Mostly because your comments have been proven wrong all over this thread.  You're getting schooled dude, best to just quit and try another later.

PS: 1 is Unproductive (your making claims that have already been proven completely wrong, even by your own admission).

"End of story" WrongDirection.

Everybody talks about John Edwards' energy, intellect and charisma -- Bill Clinton

by philgoblue on Tue Sep 20, 2005 at 03:36:07 PM PDT

•  Oh. I'm Getting Schooled. Oh Ok. (none)
          I have no interest in being mistaken about Edwards. But that doesn't make you the arbiter of anything. If you want to "school" me with actual information go ahead.

However what I stated above was reported in the news and, while I agree everything in the news is subject to suspicion, it is entirely within my rights to be mistaken about something based on having believed reporting and commentary from what I deem trustworthy sources, such as Times OpEp and CNN.

But, ah, you know, why you should be so oversensitive about the suggestion that the Carolinas are really tough states to crack, and that Edwards knows how to choose winning battles, is beyond me. I didn't consider the point terribly negative. However I don't think he's some kind of magical southern silver bullet, that's for sure.

9/11 + 4 Years = Katrina... Conservatism Kills.

by NewDirection on Tue Sep 20, 2005 at 05:36:46 PM PDT

•  Full O Contradictions (none)
      So, above, you say to ignore the "Rovian media," but now you claim something is true because "all the pundits" say so.

You're not very good at this blog thing.  End of story.

by philgoblue on Tue Sep 20, 2005 at 03:37:39 PM PDT

•  K, Thanks. (none)
        Thanks for clearing that up for me.
        You know, we have to have differences in opinion on who is the best candidate.

Hmm... Checking your past post, you are entirely an Edwards man... I mean, you are way into him. Way, deep, into him. And there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't get all Fatal Attraction on me for having SLIGHT issues with whether he is the BEST, VERY BESTEST candidate for 2008.

9/11 + 4 Years = Katrina... Conservatism Kills.

by NewDirection on Tue Sep 20, 2005 at 05:41:23 PM PDT

•  This is not a 1 level comment . . . (none)
      . . . knock it off kids.

My President fought a war on terror and all New Orleans got was this lousy levee. - me.

by dbratl on Tue Sep 20, 2005 at 05:08:17 PM PDT