View Diary: A Baucus Betrayal (433 comments)

•  Judge Roberts Is An Aryan (1.45)
    Admit it, you recognized it the first time you saw his striking picture.  His whole compelling family is, even if it took awhile to assemble.

The Roberts vote will show us which politicians feel the need and desire to appeal to their Aryan-identifying supporters or selves.  That Montana's Democratic Senator is one of them is unsurprising to me.

Protection, Privacy, Peace and Prosperity: Vote Democrat

by Irfo on Tue Sep 20, 2005 at 06:37:56 PM PDT

•  Does having an all-white family equal Aryan? (4.00)
      Were Carter and Clinton Aryans?
    •  Actually, I agree (none)
      with Bill Maher:

Roberts will be the first gay Justice of the Supreme Court.

•  I'd like to see (none)
      You replace the word "Aryan" with "black" and see how long this post stays out of the hidden folder. Unless you were being totally snarky and I missed it, this gets a zero.

Anyone who voted against the patriot act is too good for the Senate

Feingold for President

by Goldfish on Tue Sep 20, 2005 at 06:51:08 PM PDT

•  Nope. (2.00)
        No snark.  Bring on the zeroes.

I believe racism is alive and well in America, the Southern Strategy, now morphed into the "Christian" Strategy (I put "Christian" in quotes so as not to insult real Christians, whom I respect) continues to succeed, and that Roberts's nomination was very much calculated to appeal to this rich vein of our populace.

Sorry, that's what I believe.

Protection, Privacy, Peace and Prosperity: Vote Democrat

by Irfo on Tue Sep 20, 2005 at 06:59:46 PM PDT

•  Okay then (none)
          What you believe is patently raciest.

That Senators voting for Roberts are doing so because he's white --oh excuse me "Aryan" (an offensive and inaccurate term by the way)? That's the same sort of logic Republicans tried to use to paint Democrats as raciest for opposing Rice and that crazy judge. But just as it did with them, it reveals far more about the prejudices of the person applying the logic then it does to those to who it's applied against. It's projection of the first order, the action of someone who refuses to see the world in anything other then racial terms.

You're statement was raciest, and if you honestly believe it then so are you.

Anyone who voted against the patriot act is too good for the Senate

Feingold for President

by Goldfish on Tue Sep 20, 2005 at 07:14:24 PM PDT

•  Granted (none)
            And I'm sexist and orientationist as well.  Straight white males are my least favorite people on Earth.

And I am one, which makes me self-loathing as well.

But hey, what can I do?  I thought Rove's choice of Roberts was based on the guy's eye and hair color and family the moment I saw their picture, and I thought it was a brilliant choice at that very same moment.  (And Roberts will be confirmed, as we both know.)

Please don't take anything I say as a personal insult.  I'm trying to insult an entire nation here...

Protection, Privacy, Peace and Prosperity: Vote Democrat

by Irfo on Tue Sep 20, 2005 at 07:32:46 PM PDT

•  I fail to see (none)
      why this comment was troll-rated.

don't always believe what you think...

by claude on Tue Sep 20, 2005 at 07:25:23 PM PDT