View Diary: Ari Fleischer Is The One Who Has Flipped (Here's Why) Isikoff UPDATE (279 comments)

•  Sorry but when Sherlock figures out a case (none)
    It's always with an exclamation point rather than a question mark.

That is, after all, why I have called you all into the parlor!

•  so you are saying (none)
      you stand by your title..at least until the open the diary and read your warning?

*This site is slower than Bush's reaction on 9/11.*

by Chamonix on Mon Oct 17, 2005 at 05:48:22 PM PDT

•  I think I'm well known on this site (none)
        for this sort of speculative diary.

In point of fact, however, it is now being reported that the flipee is not in the White House.

It could only be Ari or Powell if you know anything about the case of "The Plame Puzzle".

Powell is out because he needed no lawyer and is said to have cooperated with the GJ.

That only leaves poor old Comical Ari.

•  ok..so by keeping this title up (none)
          you are pretty much staking your Rep on it. Cool..This makes me believe Ari is the man. If you are wrong yikes..the bottom may fall out of your readership and the trust they have in you. GO for it Sherlock....A total Dick with Balls.

*This site is slower than Bush's reaction on 9/11.*

by Chamonix on Mon Oct 17, 2005 at 06:07:43 PM PDT

•  I'm putting my name on it. (none)
            Ari Fleischer will be indicted and he will have flipped a long time ago--back when Bush got his Mob lawyer in June of 2004.

And Bush will be named as an unindicted co-conspirator by the Grand Jury--which as you know seems to be a Runaway Grand Jury of primarily pissed off middle-aged African-American ladies.

YOU GO, GIRL!

•  OK..Awesome I want to believe...more (none)
              tell me more of what you see coming down. Who else..I believe Cheney will be indicted. Along with Rove, Libby..who else?  What will happen to Bush if he is an unindicted co-conspirator? Can he be impeached next year if Dems take back Senate?

*This site is slower than Bush's reaction on 9/11.*

by Chamonix on Mon Oct 17, 2005 at 07:29:06 PM PDT

•  He can be impeached if we take back the (none)
                House, if he is named as an unindicted co-conspirator, although the CIA deaths if true, might force the REPUBLICAN house to indict him (unlikely).  The Dems then need to take a lot more of the Senate to convict Bush--it's a 2/3 vote, not half the Senate.  Although Bush might be a big liability to the GOP next year and he would then resign a la Nixon.

There would never be a trial, as with Clinton, as Bush is guilty of a true "high crime".  He would lose the trial and he would know that ahead of time.

John Dean thinks the President might have already pleaded the Fifth! (see diary)

•  I understood that neither Bush nor Cheney (none)
                  testified under oath. It follows, then, that they could not be compelled to answer a question, and if so, they would not ever have need to invoke the Fifth Amendment.
                •  he hasn't testified (none)
                  as far as anyone knows (and i think that would have leaked by now).

However, i agree with Dean's surmise that he'd plead the fifth if he was compelled to testify. That's what he was saying last year in his article, not that Junior had already. And we all know how that would be spun. The talking points would be all ¡Seperation of Powers! and ¡Rogue Prosecutor!. They be making out Junior to be taking some brave stand against the Vast Left Wing Conspiracy.

No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism. – Winston Churchill

by subtropolis on Mon Oct 17, 2005 at 11:43:15 PM PDT

•  You've drawn the line (none)
              Here it is for the record. Rather than the comfort of the extra point to tie the game, Sherlock Google opts for the 2 point conversion for the win. If it works, he wins. If it backfires, bad call. Heh. I'm rootin' for you S.G. I like your diaries, but I think this one is a bit speculative. But, realistically, if you are wrong, it won't be far from the truth. I have some speculative diaries to, so who am I to talk?

"Blogging doesn't make it so" - Rep. Hayworth (R) AZ 1/6/2005. Oh yeah?

by bejammin075 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 at 08:02:53 PM PDT

•  Why not Tenet? (none)
          He's a conflicted CIA guy who's beloved agency got screwed by the WH. He would have known a boat load about everything involved with Plame's identity and Wilson's Niger trip. He would know precisely what documents were classified and could probably identify their references in the memos (INR and other). He's not a partisan gunslinger. And I think he has testified before the SP.

(Notice my use of the ???)

•  Tenet Cooperated (none)
            And gave what is rumored to be a "devastating" Damage Assessment of one agent killed, up top 70 informants executed overseas as a result of the Brewster Jennings cover company being blown.

If you cooperate and never lawyer up, you cannot be guilty of something and so you cannot be flipped by the prosecutor.

It cannot be Powell or Tenet.  It could only be Ari for Bush and maybe Matalin for Cheney.

•  Pardon my ignorance (none)
              so the flippers are folks that initially lie, then get caught so they have to deal? (As opposed to folks who tell the truth from the get go)?
              •  That's quite all right -- (none)
                Ignorance shall eventually be erased by the Blogosphere!

So it is written in our Cyber-Future!

Yes -- you must first be accused of a crime to make like Flipper.

Now how did the Flipper TV Show Theme Song go?

I'm looking for relevance here!

•  They call him Flipper... Flipper (none)
                  Faster than lightning,
                  No one, you see, is smarter than he.

And we know Flipper... Flipper...
                  Lives in a world full of wonder
                  Swimming there under... under the sea!

(or something like that)

"Lies, lies, lies, ye-ah... they're going to get you." --The Thompson Twins

by modchick65 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 at 07:43:48 PM PDT

•  Sherlock, whence these rumors? (none)
              I'd love to know where the casualty count from the leak is being tallied, or speculated on. Your figures are the first I've seen.

Do you have "sources"?

"We have proved, then, that crimes are to be estimated by the injury done to society." --Beccaria (1764, emphasis in original)

by Valtin on Mon Oct 17, 2005 at 08:32:32 PM PDT

•  Matalin (none)
              is still doing interviews with folks like Imus, so I doubt she has completely flipped.  She may be cooperating, but I doubt she is Fitzgerald's Deep Throat....
    •  I posted the same request just a bit ago (none)
      up-thread before I got this far in the comments.  I hope you'll re-consider the punctuation Sherlock.  If not for this diary - then maybe the next one?
    •  I Thought... (none)
      ...that Holmes always gave the wrap-up explanation to Dr. Watson. Wasn't Hercule Poirot the one who liked to get all the suspects together in the parlour?

best,

john

visit www.johnabney.com - songs, recording, pa

by jabney on Mon Oct 17, 2005 at 07:30:48 PM PDT