View Diary: Dick Cheney in Fitzgerald's crosshairs (307 comments)

•  Did anyone see his buddy routine today? (none)
    It was strange; he went off on a tangent about "how nothing said in this room is personal.. we're just doing our jobs. We've all gotten to know each other over the years, like friends..." I paraphrase, but the tone was creepy.

It felt like he was asking up front for mercy when the indictments come, or he knows they are coming and today's briefing may be the last one before the shit hits the fan.

Anyone else find his little speech strange?

•  haven't read it but (none)
      it's probably a little damage control after the moshing the other day. Because he probably senses that things are not about to calm down soon.

No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism. – Winston Churchill

by subtropolis on Mon Oct 17, 2005 at 10:53:13 PM PDT

•  "like friends...family... (none)
      ... the bin laden family"

"fuck your war... and your president."--Snake Plissken

by binFranklin on Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 12:42:50 AM PDT

•  They turn together, (none)
      they are connected at the roots.

My Liberal Values: a clean earth, universal access to health care, human and civil rights, a broader distribution of wealth, and a global perspective

by Pellice on Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 02:11:10 AM PDT

•  Libby will rue the day (none)
        he ever put those words on paper. I crack up everytime I read them. They will forever be embedded in his name like "Tricky Dick Nixon" -- (well at least in my mind they will.)

"I.Scooter connected-at-the-roots Libby."

Mother Nature are Terrorists

by donailin on Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 05:01:35 AM PDT

•  Like a dog that realizes (none)
      it has lost the fight, they are rolling over and showing their bellies and begging for mercy.

If what has gone on were only political I'd show them mercy. But it ain't. It's criminal. Capital crimes, felonies, treason. That is what we're looking at. It will not go away.

Thousands are dead in Iraq, billions have been given to corrupt corporations by corrupt politicians who are deeply in bed with them to the point that our politicians are merely talking heads for corporate interests, so of course they've passed numerous laws to corporate advantage and national disadvantage. They have raped and plundered our society for the last  five years.

They shall be treated accordingly.

I'm a devout believer in irreverence. - JW -

by John West on Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 04:58:54 AM PDT

•  If you wanted to, you could (none)
        execute every Republican, and crime would go down.

People talking in movie shows, People smoking in bed, People voting Republican, Give them a boot to the head!

by trojanrabbit on Tue Oct 18, 2005 at 08:38:01 AM PDT

•  I didn't think it was funny (none)
          when Bennett said it either. And the snark value of that is just about shot.

Let's get our acts together, folks. There are people around the world who are dying, and more who will be, unless we get our shit together. I've been acting the smartass for several days now, so I'll start with my own shit. But start I will.

I'm a devout believer in irreverence. - JW -