View Diary: Rove and Libby notified of legal jeopardy (291 comments)

•  Yea (none)
    But talk to a die hard neo-con and he'll tell you with a stone sober face that Clinton's blow job was far worse than Plamegate.  I just don't understand those people.
    •  well (none)
      as much as i like the guy, clinton did lie under oath

as we see here, that is not small beer

I believe in saving money. I believe in having a house. I believe in keeping things clean. I believe in exercising. www.walken2008.com

by The Exalted on Thu Oct 20, 2005 at 09:43:43 PM PDT

•  So (none)
        In the same situation 999 men out of 1000 would lie.  When he said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" I turned to a friend and said he got a blow job, the language was awkward.  Many men just don't consider a blow job sex, neither did the woman judge who read the definition to him.
        •  That would be fine... (none)
          If I thought he happened to misunderstand their definition. But, even so, getting into the 'meaning of is' was just sad.

He should have just said 'I did it, I apologize, please respect that this is something my wife and I need to deal with.'

•  999/1000 would like under oath? (none)
          i doubt it

by The Exalted on Fri Oct 21, 2005 at 08:14:29 AM PDT

•  I loathe what Clinton did; however, it was (4.00)
        bullsh*t to have been asking him questions about sex with Monica Lewinsky.  She was neither part of nor a party to anything material to the job of President of the United States.  Was it stupid?  Certainly!  But for their $50 million, that is ALL they found.  So, I'm guessing he would have been perfect if not for a BJ in the OO.  If they could have found anything else, they certainly would have added it as a footnote.  And he had been in public office over twenty years and no abuse of power/criminal activity.  My guess is that everybody has lied about sex at one time or another but none of it is any of my business whatsoever.
        •  I don't loathe him (none)
          in fact I love him but that's a separate issue. they had no business asking him about a blow job. sorry. and if someone asked me that, i'd probably lie too or at least invoke the fifth amendment...if I could.

"Decisions that send men and women to die should not be made in a secret way." Lawrence Wilkerson

by missreporter on Fri Oct 21, 2005 at 05:09:55 AM PDT

•  disagree (none)
          it was a lawsuit about sexual harrassment

it certainly was material

by The Exalted on Fri Oct 21, 2005 at 07:41:28 AM PDT

•  You need to read David Brock's "Blinded (none)
            by the Right."  The whole thing was trumped up. The people who later claimed "sexual harassment" were volunteering left and right to be "harassed."  Many, many people in powerful places have women volunteering for exactly the same treatment that Paula volunteered for and Monica was "jockeying" for.  Clinton was stupid to let them do it but the lawsuit was a Republican thing that GOP operatives scoured Clinton's background to find somebody who would press charges if they promised her a nose job.  Paula agreed.  If you think that was legitimate I have a bunch of beachfront property in west Texas you would like.
            •  eh (none)
              i didn't say the lawsuit was meritorious

i said clinton's testimony was on a subject material to the lawsuit

completely different

lawsuits are not treated differently because they are driven by politics, i think you can see the system could not operate that way

and lying under oath is always serious

by The Exalted on Fri Oct 21, 2005 at 08:13:36 AM PDT

•  And the ONLY reason (none)
        they haven't gotten the same type of situation from Jr. is because they can't get him to interview "under oath".
        Prick just "visits with some folks", but he doesn't do it under oath.
        We all know it doesn't matter about the blowjob.  Who cares about it.  Abuse of power, TREASON, attacking a soverign nation, lying about everything the moment hs lips are moving, ruined economy, cronyism, fat cats getting fatter, decline/destruction of the middle class... and on and on and on... all MUCH worse than a blowjob.  He hasn't been nailed because he just "visits with some folks", but they won't force the visit to be under oath.
        WHY?  Because he knows, as does everyone in Washington, that he is a liar responsible for some of the worst travesties in this century.
        Ya' think those stupid sheep will vote for Jeb?  I do.

Healing BEGINS with impeachment...

by valeria on Fri Oct 21, 2005 at 03:45:49 AM PDT

• Recommended (131)
  • Community (66)
  • Elections (25)
  • Environment (24)
  • Media (23)
  • Culture (22)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Science (21)
  • Law (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Josh Duggar (20)
  • Labor (19)
  • Economy (17)
  • Marriage Equality (17)
  • Ireland (17)
  • Bernie Sanders (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Rescued (15)
  • Hillary Clinton (15)
  • Climate Change (15)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site