View Diary: Racist (47 comments)

that is something I have not understood ever since I have been here at dkos, and I am here daily. What is the criteria for trusted user status?

REAL NEWS-"The news you and I need to keep our freedoms." Richard Reeves

by Oke on Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 01:09:59 AM PDT

•  I woke up. (none)
      Got out of bed.  Dragged a comb across my head.

You are a good citizen of dKos.  You Comment, you Rate, You Recommend.  You stop saying offensive things (one habit I find hard to break).  Soon enough you are where you are (except that you always are anyway).

•  Certain favors for users in the (none)
      63K range are said to help.

-7.88, -7.74 In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends.

by melvin on Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 01:26:08 AM PDT

•  Get 4's, don't get 0's. (none)
      Don't be unpopular, don't press any point, and don't insult the candidate du jour.  Or just say what you think, be clever, post often, and enjoy yourself.  The main thing is to be a regular presence.  It's entirely automated, and nobody has figured out the exact formula yet.

Bayh-partisan: it's the new joementum

by gogol999 on Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 01:27:13 AM PDT

•  Don't worry about it. Be yourself. (none)

by melvin on Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 01:30:10 AM PDT

•  I've basicly (none)
        Said whatever I thought, to hell with the conseqneces, and the only time I ever lost my TU was because of a troll who had zero-power and gave every comment on a thread zeros. Good-intentioned people up-rated the comments, which made each of the zeros count, and lost me my TU... for about a half hour before the good guys got it back for me.

Anyone who voted against the patriot act is too good for the Senate

Feingold for President

by Goldfish on Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 01:57:33 AM PDT

•  nobody knows the formula except KOS (none)
      but there seem to be variables relating to amount of participation, amount and average of ratings, and how long the user has been here

and it helps if Markos likes you

that's my excuse, anyway

•  Post several good comments (none)
      on Cheers and Jeers. As the best rated page says, that thing is an insane mojo rave.

-- Be the change you wish to see. Gandhi