View Diary: Bill Clinton tells Dems to Fight or "Find Something Else To Do" (428 comments)

•  He said fighting words a while back (4.00)
    and everyone here already chastised him for not doing it sooner.

Do we have to always come off like a broken record?

This man is the best president in my lifetime - yeah, yeah
    I know you could do it so much better - this guy was grilled
    live over the coals.

How about a little heaping praise instead of a heaping plate
    of collegiate crap?

Go for itf you dorky troll raters, and while you're at it get a life and see how tough it was for a guy like Clinton to accomplish what he did.

•  Hence my sarcastic comment downthread (none)
      the "too little, too late" one.

I figured the thread would be full of serious ones, so...

I wear the black in mournin' for the lives that could have been/ Each week we lose a hundred fine young men. -- Johnny Cash

by Page van der Linden on Sun Oct 30, 2005 at 08:05:06 AM PST

•  This comment is bizarre (none)
      IMO.

The SCOTUS is Extraordinary.

by Armando on Sun Oct 30, 2005 at 08:05:31 AM PST

•  To Wit (none)
        And PP, this is a response to you as well, this diary is COMMENDING Clinton.

Cheering him on.

I think you both are misinterpreting the diary.

OR I am.

The SCOTUS is Extraordinary.

by Armando on Sun Oct 30, 2005 at 08:08:24 AM PST

•  I understand it. (none)
        I think he is talking along with PP to the responders to the diary.
        •  Ah (none)
          See, I read comments as responding to diaries and replies to comments.

Actually it causes a lot of my ruckuses.

The SCOTUS is Extraordinary.

by Armando on Sun Oct 30, 2005 at 08:15:13 AM PST

•  asdf (none)
            I for one appreciate how active you are in the threads of your diaries, whether you're always spot on or not - or for that matter, whether the responses prompting your activity are themselves coherent or not.

Mastering the difference between 'need' and 'greed' will determine humanity's survival.

by Taylor on Sun Oct 30, 2005 at 08:35:25 AM PST

•  Armando... (none)
            ...thanks for bringing this diary up front. I wrote it in a rush and didn't have time to follow up or really analyze. I thought it was an important item and threw it out there as best I could under the circumstances.

I like the Clintons too. I wish President Clinton had spoken out more forcefully sooner, but it's breaking with some pretty heavy tradition to speak out at all, so yes I commend him for doing it.

I wish Senator Clinton would speak out against the war. I believe she will at some point. I admit that if the primary were held today, I wouldn't vote for Senator Clinton. But I wouldn't be terrified for the country, as I am now, if she became President.

The significance of President Clinton's speaking out to Democrats the way he has here, publicly, is that it seems to mark a turning point. I fully expect Democrats in Congress and elsewhere to start speaking out more directly and more forcefully against the rogue regime in power.

I think President Clinton is a gifted strategist and I think what he said in Texas was a battle cry that will be heard and answered. At least that's my hope. Although we've been angry and frustrated at the seeming lack of interest in Congress, I think we would all gladly stand behind our elected representatives should they decide to come out swinging.

•  Yes but... (none)
      Too bad you do not remember JFK. That guy had balls of steel and he made up his own mind, showed courage, humility and conviction. And I liked Carter because he refused to please the inner circle of Washington and special interests.

America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand-Harry S. Truman

by wishingwell on Sun Oct 30, 2005 at 08:49:01 AM PST

•  I loved JFK; however, I do not recognize (none)
        the president I saw in my mid-twenties in your comment.  I was shocked that he made Bobby Atty. General and that he did not do something about J. Edgar Hoover who was clearly out of control by then.  He died so early in his presidency that I think he had not had time to mature. I did not see him as the romantic figure you describe.