View Diary: What a ScAlito Court Would Mean to Me (219 comments)

•  Armando can reading cases (none)
    You can spew lies.

Liar.

If you can't read cases, that's your problem.

BTW, if you think I supported the BS 11th Amendment jurisprudence, you are more full of shir thant the other guy.

Stop fucking lying!

The SCOTUS is Extraordinary.

by Armando on Fri Nov 04, 2005 at 06:39:26 AM PST

•  Answer the question, punk (none)
      Why did you put disability "discrimination" in quotes?
      •  Because of the question of intent (none)
        and the SCOTUS jurisprudence in this area, which is atrocious.

You need to read Genius. Learn something about what the type of Judges you seem to like like Alito have done.

You are ignorant of what has happened in this area apparently.

Oh, and do better than "punk." That was so weak.

You can't play this game.

The SCOTUS is Extraordinary.

by Armando on Fri Nov 04, 2005 at 06:45:30 AM PST

•  That's right... (none)
          Your legal ipso facto legal analysis of SSI constitutional law is astounding!

It's funny how almost all independent federal circuits followed the same line of reasoning as Alito.  Just amazing! It was so obvious and yet almost no one expected the result before the supreme court had a go at it.  Sheesh, where oh where could they have all gone wrong?  It must have been that Alito was out on some wacky right-wing fringe with groups like the ACLU.

Like, I've been saying, this is not the case to hang the man on.  If it were, you'd have almost NO potential nominees who had been federal judges.

Come back to earth Armando.  It's ok.  We won't bite.

•  Changing the subject are you? (none)
            You can have an opinion as the one you expressed, no matter how wrong it is. You were saying something else before and in insulting tones.

You got from me what you desrved.

If you had treated mcjoan with respect I would not have taken the time to embarrass you in this thread, by pointing out your OBVIOUS error. One you STILL don't own up to.

Let me show you how it is done.

To the degree that this diary implies Alito was out of the mainstream in his opinion, that is misleading. However, I don;t think it does.

The diary points out that switching from O'Connor to Alito leads to a reversal of result in cases like this.

Hence, the ScAlito Court.

You created straw men and with insult, precluding a discussion that would have elevated all of us. You dragged us into the mud.

You owe mcjoan an apology.

The SCOTUS is Extraordinary.

by Armando on Fri Nov 04, 2005 at 06:58:37 AM PST

•  Disabled people (none)
          ...have been treated as second class citizens in this country from its inception.  For you to pretend that it's not discrimination is atrocious.

I don't like Alito.  I do like Theodore McKee, who happened to concur in Alito's opinion.  I suppose we should filibuster McKee if a Democratic president nominated him?

And as I've noted, I practice in this area.  So I am quite aware of how the jurisprudence developed.

•  I don't pretend it (none)
            I deny it. Talk to the fucking ScAlito Court that you want apparently.

You are a liar.

You lied about me and what I want and what I think.

Beneath contempt.

The SCOTUS is Extraordinary.

by Armando on Fri Nov 04, 2005 at 07:02:45 AM PST

•  As forMCkee (none)
            Don;t know much about hm, but if this is the only thing I have to judge on, I'd say yers.

I presume there areother decisons that prove his bina fides as a progressive judge.

Your little strawman games are of no avail with me.

You can;t play this game.

The SCOTUS is Extraordinary.

by Armando on Fri Nov 04, 2005 at 07:04:09 AM PST

•  "You can;t play this game." (none)
              Because that's what it is for you.  A game.  You like to show your liberal internet friends that you stick up for women.  It doesn't matter what the law actually was, or whether your critiques are actually sound, you just like to call people names and insist that they are republicans.  You like to call people racists if they dare point out that Fernando Ferrer is a terrible mayoral candidate.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of Judge McKee.  Because, after all, you're a constitutional law expert, right?

Please, you read a few talking points on blogs, pick and choose a few cases.  Selectively quote jurisprudence, and pretend that you know something.

Still, that's not as bad as denying that disabled people have faced intentional discrimination in this country.  That is a true disgrace.  Let's be glad that your achievements in life are limited to being kos's front mage mascot.

•  3rd Circuit (none)
                is not my Circuit.

McKee is a effing household name?

And when you have a substantive point to make, let me know.

The SCOTUS is Extraordinary.

by Armando on Fri Nov 04, 2005 at 10:05:21 AM PST