View Diary: Pat Priest, a judge with integrity, named to DeLay trial! [UPDATED] (161 comments)

•  Thanks.. (4.00)
    I was worried, Texas being so Republican and all.  Good to know we can expect a fair judge.

Now, we shall see what we shall see.

•  Yes. A Republican judge with integrity?? (4.00)
      in TEXAS??  Who would of thunk it. I also figured it was all over when he got the change of venue. Maybe not. Thanks Zarate. Recommended

I am pro-life. Bring our troops home ALIVE!

by Doc Allen on Thu Nov 03, 2005 at 06:35:20 PM PST

•  Many... (4.00)
        though by no means most, but many of the city judges in Texas are at least reasonable people.  Most are in bed with corporations and their contributors, but are basically competent and sophisticated.  It's the rural judges that are more problematic.  Oh, and the statewide ones, where partisanship becomes more important than competency.
        •  Hey, I'm a Deaniac who was born in (none)
          Dallas-but after LBJ and shrub,Delay, Hutchinson and all the rest have given up on my home state.(left early). Anyway glad to see that there's some young blood coming up. I would be the first to reclaim my Big D heritage if your generation can redeem the state.

I am pro-life. Bring our troops home ALIVE!

by Doc Allen on Fri Nov 04, 2005 at 03:52:11 AM PST

•  I'm pleased to be able to say (4.00)
      Texas being so Republican and all.

that Bush's approval ratings in Texas are now below 50%. Texas is not Idaho and it's not the hopeless morass of Utah and it's not the deep South.

"...the definition of a gaffe in Washington is somebody who tells the truth but shouldn't have." Howard Dean

by colleen on Thu Nov 03, 2005 at 07:16:49 PM PST

•  Hey now! (none)
        We're trying up here and we have made substantial progress!

The best things in life aren't things.

by Idaho Guy on Thu Nov 03, 2005 at 08:04:38 PM PST

•  Couldn't help noticing when I was in Crawford (4.00)
        the steady stream of Texans coming into the Peace House. They were all saying stuff like 'Not all Texans are fucking idiots !'

I am beginning to see the possibility of Texas going  blue again someday not so far off....

Let's get some Democracy for America

by murphy on Fri Nov 04, 2005 at 04:39:58 AM PST

•  Demographically, a distinct possibility (none)
          Consider that Hispanics are the fastest growing demographic in Texas.  Of course, the Rethugs are making a real effort to attract them, and we need to counter it.  But in view of overall Hispanic trends, in a generation, the state will be blue unless we let the Rethugs succeed.

The Chimperor Has No Clothes

by DC Pol Sci on Fri Nov 04, 2005 at 06:31:11 AM PST

•  I also consider (none)
            Consider that Hispanics are the fastest growing demographic in Texas.

that Texas has a great many women who refuse to be beat down; it appears to be cultural. If the Democratic party would just stop ignoring women who are revolted by the notion of our 'faith' based roles as doormats that would be helpful also.

by colleen on Fri Nov 04, 2005 at 08:09:06 AM PST

•  Tennessee has 57% dis of Bush too! (4.00)
        We are fighting here as well.  It's all about the religous nutbags. Oh, and ignorance.

Can I get a mint? I have Scalitosis

by Gleeb on Fri Nov 04, 2005 at 07:53:29 AM PST

•  My apologies. (none)
          Tennessee has 57% dis of Bush too!

You also have Al Gore. How's Frist going over there? I've often considered the suffering of Tennessee Democrats everytime that boviating idiot appears on C-Span.

by colleen on Fri Nov 04, 2005 at 08:04:46 AM PST

•  Most people love Frist here. (none)
            At least in Nashville where I work.  I am seriously hoping for some SEC righteousness to come down on his ass.  That can only help matters for those of us  who actually don't want to be represented by another big business lying scumbag.

Can I get a mint? I have Scalitosis

by Gleeb on Fri Nov 04, 2005 at 08:55:42 AM PST

• Recommended (145)
  • Community (68)
  • Elections (34)
  • Media (33)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (31)
  • Environment (30)
  • Republicans (23)
  • Labor (21)
  • Economy (19)
  • Marriage Equality (19)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site