View Diary: GO RUSS!!: Filibuster the PATRIOT Act by Reading the Bill of Rights!! (216 comments)

•  I'd love to contact my Senators, but . . . (4.00)
    here in NC, that would be L. Dole & R. Burr.

They're too busy helping the repugs trash the Bill of Rights to bother reading my letter. It was only get me put on their "watch" list.

Great diary, by the way.  :>)

I love the smell of impeachment in the morning!

by gabbardd on Thu Nov 17, 2005 at 09:13:04 PM PST

•  Consider it done. (none)
        I will do that.  After thinking about it, they DO need to hear from us, even when they don't like what we have to say.

I get at least one letter from them a week, responding to things that I send them.  They're always very polite, but very clear that we need "support our President."

I love the smell of impeachment in the morning!

by gabbardd on Fri Nov 18, 2005 at 04:53:32 AM PST

•  Write or call anyway (4.00)
      I know it's discouraging to know they don't want to hear from you, but unless they know people are standing up they'll have no reason to reconsider --- ever. And, they may never, but they do talk amongst themselves about the calls they get. It may help to sway senators who are on the edge.

Please --- call.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has. -- Margaret Mead

by Cordelia Lear on Thu Nov 17, 2005 at 09:56:58 PM PST

•  Exactly (none)
        From many posts on dKos, I get the impression we rarely call our Republican reps and Senators. In this case, the Republican Senators can honestly say they think their constituents are for all of the Patriot Act because they only hear from one side.

Everyone should always contact their reps and Senators and express their views no matter what party they are.

"Is the President concerned that there's a stench of corruption around the Republican establishment in Washington?" -- Terry Moran to Scotty, 9/28/05

by OLinda on Fri Nov 18, 2005 at 02:29:38 AM PST

•  I'd love to contact mine, but.. (4.00)

Checks and balances: Vote Democratic 2006

by daria g on Thu Nov 17, 2005 at 10:32:24 PM PST

•  Right on! (none)
        By the way, if I might make one modest suggestion to the fine folks at dcvote.org it is simply this:

GET A MAP UP ON YOUR SITE!!!

IF D.C. is ever to gain statehood, there will have to be a carving-out of the Federal Enclave that is specified in U.S. Constitution (the Capitol, White House, etc.)  I know the issue is knotty, but it is at least partly about the real estate!!  Let's see that map and get to work on drawing the boundaries of the Great State of Potomac or whatever it will eventually be called!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies. -- Groucho Marx

by ornerydad on Thu Nov 17, 2005 at 11:12:11 PM PST

•  that gives you a good excuse to call all 100 (4.00)

If you can make the time. It is even a local call. If people in DC regularly did this, it might even be an incentive to consider statehood.

•  ya'll honor us by representin+bring it on fitz' GJ (none)
    •  Bleargh (none)
      Mine's Hutchison & Cornyn, two of the most nasty Repugs you could ever imagine.

I am beginning to believe that I live in our Nation's rectum ... or perhaps, the bowels of Hell.

•  Dole and Burr (none)
      Im in NC to! Lets do it together!

Two is better than 1!

How fun is it going to be to have to watch Liddy Dole run in 2008 AGAINST George W. Bush's policies in a formerly red state. Shes gonna need to get some distance by then.

And anyways, if not, fuck her. And Burr too. I saw a 5 minute video of Paul Wellstone the other day, and the only thing I could think of was how PISSED i am that all i get is fucking Richard Burr. DAMNIT!!

TO THE PHONES!!!!...

Don't you know I would never fucking say fuck?!

by faithfull on Fri Nov 18, 2005 at 05:36:57 AM PST