View Diary: Meet Specialist McCoy (264 comments)

•  Another ad hominem artist (none)
    Most of my comments are responses to direct attacks. Like this one you just made.

>div class="blockquote">
    But I still think cskendrick is wallowing in all this attention. 46 of the 258 comments so far are his. That's nearly 1/5th. Like one of those coffee shope beatnicks who has learned exactly the right things to say so that the sheep will boost him up onto their personal pedastals.

Not only that, you insulted everybody else, too

Oh, yeah. I'm really 'diggin' it', dude.

what factory produces you people?

All that's left is pity for sad, mean, damaged people.

by cskendrick on Sat Dec 31, 2005 at 04:46:03 AM PST

•  HOLD A SECOND (none)
    I see you're a vet.

So why would this story bother you at all?

All that's left is pity for sad, mean, damaged people.

by cskendrick on Sat Dec 31, 2005 at 05:09:13 AM PST

•  It doesn't bother me, it's a good story (none)
      but again. What's the point. If you want to rally me behind something. Try something real and not a hologram. If your guy needs money for therapy I'll chip in. If he needs letters of support I'll write them. But I didn't need to read an entire page only to wonder if your guy is real or not. There are probably a dozen McCoy's making such decisions everyday in Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa, South America, yet the responders to your story shed a tear like they're mortified and had no idea such things could happen. And God damn this president to boot. So Again. What is your fucking point to this story?
      If it's not a true story than you've revealed nothing new, you've written this fiction to call attention to yourself because you think you can open the eyes of others to things they weren't aware of. Well what fucking idiots are not aware of the tragedies of war other than those in the higher income brackets who send their children to college rather than battle? You trivialize the pain and suffering of being a soldier by using your pain to illicit emotions for the sake of your own praise. If this story were true than I would not feel this way, I'd call you a reporter of sorts. Why can't you just say whether it's a story expressed to you in person or you've just made it up

Ad Hominem...We'll if that helps you to dismiss my comments!!

So you've found Jesus! If nobody claims him in 30 days he's yours.

by currentgcsof16 on Sat Dec 31, 2005 at 04:16:41 PM PST

•  nevermind (none)
        I read further down and see that McCoy is real. Why didn't you point that out yesterday rather than dancing around the subject. Disregard my previous angry response.

So you've found Jesus! If nobody claims him in 30 days he's yours.

So you've found Jesus! If nobody claims him in 30 days he's yours.

by currentgcsof16 on Sat Dec 31, 2005 at 04:24:49 PM PST

•  You wrote two posts (none)
        One posed the veracity of the author as a question.

The other decided the veracity of the author was in question.

The story was true. Ask what details you will to satisfy your standard of proof.

I'm cool with that.

Never let being humane get in the way of being human. And vice-versa.

by cskendrick on Sat Dec 31, 2005 at 04:25:40 PM PST

•  I don't have any questions (none)
          Nor do I doubt your integrity. Knowing that this is a true account brings about satisfaction that my emotions aren't stroking the ego of some fresh english lit grad.

So you've found Jesus! If nobody claims him in 30 days he's yours.

by currentgcsof16 on Sat Dec 31, 2005 at 05:17:58 PM PST