View Diary: The Science President ... ? (239 comments)

•  sounds like a troll 1st person plural (none)
    to me

hark! hark! the Clark!!

by Errol on Sat Feb 04, 2006 at 09:35:19 PM PST

•  This is what I'm (2.00)
      talking about.  You know what fuck you Errol.  I'm just about ready to quit calling myself a liberal because of people like you.  This pisses me off so much.  Errol yes I am a Liberal I just don't agree with 100% of what Liberals stand for.  I believe 95% of it just not the other 5%.  That does not make me a troll of any less of a Liberal than you or anyone else.  I'm sure you don't agree with everything Liberals stand for either.  If any of this continues I'm just going by a Democrat from now on so that I'm not associated with asswholes like you who make people shiver when people like Bush says the word Liberal.

Hillary will be pres in 08 and there is nothing you can do about it!

by Democratsin08 on Sat Feb 04, 2006 at 09:44:50 PM PST

•  True colors (none)
        True colors, true colors, somebody is showing their true colors.
        •  Whatever (2.00)
          fuck you too.  People like you make me sick.  I'm so sick of almost everyone on this site saying if you don't agree with EVERYTING then your not a Liberal or a Democrat but a DINO or a TROLL.  This is why Dean lost the nomination because he was labeled a Liberal and now I finally understand why Liberal is a dirty word.  Most people are asswholes like you and have no room for anyone unless their a clone of themselves.  If the Republicans hold on to congress we'll have people like you too thank for that.

Hillary will be pres in 08 and there is nothing you can do about it!

by Democratsin08 on Sat Feb 04, 2006 at 09:55:27 PM PST

•  Easy, killer. (none)
            Take a walk from the thread, cool off, and come back when you're of the same mentality when I had your back.

It's really not worth getting all bent out of shape over, dude.

"If more parents home disciplined [their kids] there would be fewer people I have to smack in public." --Wilzerd Balefire.

by TheBlaz on Sat Feb 04, 2006 at 09:58:04 PM PST

•  saying that I... (none)
              am the distant relative of a housefly, no matter how distant, takes a lot of faith.

Saying that some folks are relatives to houseflies is a scientific fact.

"Tell me life hasn't been reduced to waiting on the next Rocky movie." --- Dan Rather

by jeweler444 on Sat Feb 04, 2006 at 10:09:22 PM PST

•  I think intelligent design... (none)
                has proven scientifically that the Seattle Seahawks are going to run roughshod over the stealers tomorrow.

by jeweler444 on Sat Feb 04, 2006 at 10:16:37 PM PST

•  thanks, that was my intent (none)
           it's so easy, as the A Team would say n/t

hark! hark! the Clark!!

by Errol on Sun Feb 05, 2006 at 01:56:12 PM PST

•  Saying "Fuck you" in the Comments (none)
        does not give you 'liberal' creds.  I reviewed your comments and could find nothing that supports your assertion that you are actually liberal, progressive, or even an actual Democrat.  If you 'believe' in 95% of what 'liberals' believe, I'd expect to find some indication of this in other threads. Enlighten us, please.  It's pretty obvious you support the fundy wingnut position on ID, so let's skip that: on which liberal or progressive positions do you have anything positive to say?
        •  Just to name (none)
          a few.  I beleive in affirmative action, gay marriage, gay adoption, pro-choice, pro-union, raising taxes(on those who make over $200,000 a year) in order to pay for much needed government programs, against drilling in ANWR, legalizing marijuana, more government regulations on things that pollute our enviroment, actually funding programs like medicade and not cutting back spending like the current asswhole we have in the White House, universal health care, against the Iraq war, and finding alternative energy sources.  I'm sure I'm missing a few but does that help a little bit.  Also I appologize to all of those I offended on this site.  I just lost my temper last night.  Nothing makes me madder when I disagree with a few things or am not "politicaly correct" with the word theory and then being called a troll or dino.  I just listed a bunch of things that make me a liberal, but to make things even clearer I'll name the few things that I disagree with liberals on.  Obviously teaching ID in school and border control.  I think we need to build a wall between us and Mexico.  I'm perfectly fine with letting people into this country as long as they come here legally.  Those are the only two things that I can think of that I disagree with the Liberal base on.  So does this help clarify some things do I get my Liberal badge back or do I need to fix those two beliefs of mine and become a clone of everyone else?  If I do then what ever happened to being a BIG TENT PARTY?

Hillary will be pres in 08 and there is nothing you can do about it!

by Democratsin08 on Sun Feb 05, 2006 at 10:08:29 AM PST

•  Maybe I've been reading too much George Lakoff... (none)
            But something about the terminology you just used reminds me of conservative frames for progressive positions. For example, "gay marriage" when most people on the left talk about "same-sex marriage" or "marriage equality." You also allege support for "raising taxes..." and "more government regulation..." which in my experience isn't very common language from people with more progressive worldviews.

As for your comment about the "word theory," the choice of language is not a matter of being "politicaly correct [sic]." Rather, it exposes a way of thinking about the world that may strike a few regular readers as odd. It certainly raised a few red flags with me.

Perhaps if you explained the reasoning behind your own positions elsewhere (such as why GLBT people should be treated equally under the law), folks here wouldn't be quite as skeptical...