View Diary: Revote in Ohio -- More Votes Than Voters Recorded on Diebold machines (199 comments)

•  Jumping in with a question (4.00)
    For those who are convinced that the 2004 presidential election was rigged:

Are you going to vote in this year's elections?

Are you going to pound the pavement and work to get your respective Dem candidate elected?

Or are you going to throw up your hands and declare defeat because you think there was fraud?

Please, please try this time, just this once.  I'm begging you to GOTV, because we really need that Dem majority.  There are so many reasons (the environment, slapping down more police state laws amendments to the PATRIOT Act, the fact that a Dem majority helps an impeachment attempt, slapping down dumbshit proposals that limit a woman's right to choose, etc.).

And if we lose 2006, I'll totally understand anyone's loss of hope, whether you believe in "fraud" or not.

Just now, though, can anyone promise me that they'll get off their butts and try to make 2006 a good year for all of us?

Hell, I'm gonna try... I guess one of the only ways expats can do it is to register people to vote, but that's a lot, I suppose.

(If I went door-to-door here, people would give me really funny looks, lol!)

Political analysis, comfortable chairs, and free coffee, all at The Next Hurrah.

by Page van der Linden on Tue Feb 07, 2006 at 06:41:51 AM PST

•  I am going to try BUT (4.00)
      just this one last time.

Then I am going to find another country.  In the countryside of France or Spain might be nice.  How about Greece.  There is always Mexico.  Canada seems really cold to me.

The Christian Right is neither Witness Every Day

by TXsharon on Tue Feb 07, 2006 at 07:10:40 AM PST

•  No, I'm not (none)
      Fuckit. BBV is a wall. My state wasn't Diebolded to make it difficult for my party. It was to make it impossible. Pretending to vote is not going to work. Would you tell a black man in 1955 Mississippi to GOTV?
      Christ on a fucking crutch.

"Free nations listen to the hopes and aspirations of their people. Free nations are peaceful nations." George Dubya Dumbass, Nov 30, 2005

by paraphrase on Tue Feb 07, 2006 at 08:05:06 AM PST

•  Hey, why are you flaming me? (none)
        My comment is sincere!

Christ on a fucking crutch back to you for the flame.  Sheesh :-(

by Page van der Linden on Tue Feb 07, 2006 at 08:17:07 AM PST

•  If you really think the vote is fixed... (none)
        ...and will be from now on, have you taken up arms against the unelected dictators?

Then you aren't actually sure that the vote is fixed, are you (or you are a coward).  Because if it is truely fixed, and will be from now on, that is the only way to regain our democracy-to overthrow the unelected dictators violently.  The founding fathers would demand such.  But you haven't done this, because you aren't sure.

The level of proof of intentional, widespread fraud via voting machines is about a thousand orders of magnitute away from me taking up arms against my government.  Could it happen?  Yes.  Has it?  Maybe, but probably not.  Does the computer screw up from time to time?  Yes, as in this case.  Does that mean these voting machines are bad?  Yes.  Does it mean that it helps Republicans more than Democrats?  No.

There is no proof at all that voting machines are being used to fix the vote.  None.  Right now, it's like comparing Kennendy assisination theories.

So, yes, activists should file lawsuits to get these machines fixed or thrown out.  Yes, pressure should be applied on elected officials and burecrats to do something about it.  But mainly, we must assume that our votes are being counted properly, and plan campaigns and vote accordingly.

•  try this time...just this once? (4.00)
      I tried last time...harder than Ive ever tried before...and I know alot of others that tried harder than they'd ever tried before.

I believed in Howard Dean. I switched my party affiliation from "decline to state" to democrat, I went to the meet-ups, I wrote the letters, I made the phone calls, I attended the protests, I sent in my cash, I bought the buttons & Tshirts, I helped with registering voters, and i told everybody I knew to do the same...and some of them joined me.

Even after the Democratic establishment, aided by the media killed Howard Dean's chances, I sucked it up and threw my support behind John Kerry.

I sent him my money, I bought his yard signs, I told my friends to vote.

And after all that, where the hell did it get us?

The vote was stolen...Kerry never challenged...hes still holding on to 15 million in donations...nothing has been done to fix the situation...and those that bring up fraud, are generally marginalized as tin foil hat conspiracy theories.

Sorry, but I tried last time. I tried hard. I feel cheated.

Im sure come election time Ill still go to vote and Ill still vote Dem.

But as for the rest...Fuck that

Ill start supporting Dems when they start supporting me.

I wont be holding my breath.

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - MLK Jr

by sean mykael on Tue Feb 07, 2006 at 08:39:52 AM PST

•  Since 2000 I have been working my a$$ off. (none)
        I counted the famous hanging chads .... for nothing.

But I still kept on working. I continued to donate my time and money even after my own daughter saw her vote for Buddy McKay switch to Jeb Bush in 2002.

Then I got on Kerry's bandwagon. He and/or Edwards promised that each and every vote would be counted. I emptied my bank account and took many days off from work to volunteer for MoveON.  We all know how the 2004 election turned out.

But I am still working my a$$ off. I truly resent the folks who think that one cannot work for change and at the same time speak out against unjustice. Give me a break. There are people here that make me want to throw up.

Now I laugh and make a fortune off the same ones that I torture and a world says, "Kiss me, son of god." ~ They Might Be Giants

by misscee on Tue Feb 07, 2006 at 10:39:58 AM PST

•  I'm doing both, actively: (none)
      Working, and bitching about voting fraud.

Look, mom, I can multi-task!

"Soon the time will come to choose between what is easy, and what is right." - A. Dumbledore

by epluribus on Tue Feb 07, 2006 at 12:48:54 PM PST

• Climate Change (29)
  • Education (24)
  • Spam (23)
  • Congress (23)
  • Labor (22)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Barack Obama (21)
  • Science (20)
  • Law (20)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site