View Diary: My Hero Jihad (271 comments)

•  I read the whole thing. (none)
    Every comment.

You seemed to have not understood anything I wrote, and seem not to understand or comprehend the point of this and similar conversations.

Reading through your comments and diaries, I find myself wondering just what you do understand.

You seem to be very full of yourself, cocksure and arrogant.

You ain't all that.

Address the issue.

The only way to ensure a free press is to own one

by RedDan on Tue Feb 07, 2006 at 06:33:53 PM PST

•  Yeah (none)
      you've really raised the bar on discourse.

"You ain't all that."

Ah, the inspirational writings of RedDan.

•  Address the issue. (none)
        Otherwise, you just sound like a petulant fool.

The only way to ensure a free press is to own one

by RedDan on Tue Feb 07, 2006 at 06:55:54 PM PST

•  I adressed it below (none)
          and you need to get that twist out of your knickers. Your attitude and style aren't serving you well.
          •  I addressed it above ages ago (none)
            Here.

Before he even posted his original comment.

•  You think you addressed it. (none)
              But you really didn't.

And your claims to be a former editor are funny...considering your laughable grammar, spelling and construction...or wait...maybe that's why the "ex"?

Or maybe your abilities are indicative of the general state of editorial offices in the media, which would explain an awful lot.

The only way to ensure a free press is to own one

by RedDan on Tue Feb 07, 2006 at 07:53:30 PM PST

•  Again (none)
                simply a derrogatory style and lack of class on your part.
                Thank you. For your amazing post free of all logical fallacies. Free, I cry, from any flaws. Shining like a diamond amid the dross of this cruel world.

I will edit your magnificent post to show my admiration and attempt to bring it to the true perfection it deserves.

You think you addressed it; But you really didn't.

And your claims to be a former editor are funny - considering your laughable grammar, spelling and construction. Or wait, Maybe that's why the "ex" is now an "ex"?

Or maybe your abilities are indicative of the general state of editorial offices in the media. This would explain an awful lot.

Forgive me any of the flaws in my humble, pathetic attempt to improve on such perfection. It has been many years since I quit my $40 an hour job as an editor and I fear my editing skills meagre as they are have all but left me.

Please... Please accept my lowly attempt at pleasing you with what little respect should be given to a lowly worm such as I.

•  I see you've (none)
          made the aquaintance of one of our new trolls.

"I was Rambo in the disco. I was shootin' to the beat. When they burned me in effigy. My vacation was complete." Neil Young. Mideast Vacation.

by Mike S on Tue Feb 07, 2006 at 07:13:04 PM PST

•  Two, apparently. (none)
            The quality of trolls has fallen considerably.

The only way to ensure a free press is to own one

by RedDan on Tue Feb 07, 2006 at 07:23:10 PM PST

•  Yeah (none)
            good work defending the guy whose best arguments are

"You ain't all that."

and

"Otherwise, you just sound like a petulant fool."

Yet I am the troll.

Sorry I don't conform to your beliefs Mike, but at least argue with the substance of my posts and lose your crusade. If you believe in ideas, and a "reality-based" community... then engage in discourse, not attacks meant to slur me.

•  Heh. (none)
              "at least argue with the substance of my posts"

Funny, doesn't that sound a wee bit familiar? Oh, wait! That's MY line.

"lose your crusade"

You mean the other crusade besides the one against all those "militant muslims"?

"engage in discourse, not attacks meant to slur me"

Errrr...I really have trouble believing you just wrote that with a straight face.

The only way to ensure a free press is to own one