View Diary: What Is Different About This Time (370 comments)

•  oh I get it... (4.00)
    If someone says they have a beef with Castro they are ranked as supporters of a brutal dictator. And when the ex-head of the CIA works to secure US military dominance in the mid-east it is brilliant. I suppose you thought bombing Serbia was good politics too.

Leave that aside, but I do have one question. Why is it important to describe your history before making your point? Is it because you would prefer not to be linked with people like Russ Feingold who opposed the bombing of Serbia and Desert Storm and are proud of that position?

Regardless of your answer, I am willing to look beyond poor past political judgements of yours, mine and anyone else who is willing to move ahead and help bring down the neocons and their supporters. I read a good diary today about comments made by Paul Roberts as to the state of the US economy. If we are to move forward, people have to realize that someone may have something positive to contribute even if they once supported Reagan (Wesley Clark) or opposed Clinton (Feingold). I don't see the need to point out your past political view before making a point, unless you trying to score points. Are you running for office?

•  you are incapable of reading (none)
      do you even understand what this diary is about?

as for your love of communist dictatorships and hatred of america, that is your cross to bear. i am not concerned about it.

The SCOTUS is extraordinary.

by Armando on Mon Feb 13, 2006 at 05:34:31 AM PST

•  I can't believe you just said that. (none)

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? Well, come on, doesn't anybody know!?!?

by Erik the Red on Mon Feb 13, 2006 at 07:42:07 AM PST

•  No surprise (none)

see, this hypocritical sanctimony gets no respect from me.

Take it somewhere else.

The SCOTUS is extraordinary.

by Armando on Mon Feb 13, 2006 at 08:31:06 AM PST

•  Wow (none)
            "How come I get the feeling that the attacks on me as a Mccarthyite are heartily approved by you?"

Actually, they're not, but you're not saying much to help refute them.

Does that statement remind you of anyone?

by Erik the Red on Mon Feb 13, 2006 at 08:40:38 AM PST

•  he describes his positions... (none)
      ...because it situates his opinions and paints a clearer picture of where he's coming from. Specifically, that its different from where I'm coming from. That makes his post more illustrative (to me) of the broader point he's trying to make -- that this rage crosses a broad ideological range. That's significant, and a fundamental part of his thesis, from my reading.

undercaffeinated

by odum on Mon Feb 13, 2006 at 05:39:36 AM PST

•  It seemed obvious to me (none)
        that that was my reason for including that part.

I guess it wasn't.

The SCOTUS is extraordinary.

by Armando on Mon Feb 13, 2006 at 06:28:45 AM PST

•  I choose not to assume... (none)
          ...that it was just another roundabout "dig at Armando," since those are usually...uh...less subtle, but I accept that I'm being a bit pollyanna-ish in doing so.

undercaffeinated