View Diary: Peggy Noonan Walks It Back (207 comments)

•  Hey! I'll make appetizers! (3+ / 0-)

And, look, I'm a straight WASP -- you're not cutting us out of the party are you?

BenGoshi
    _____________________________________________________

We're working on many levels here. Ken Kesey

by BenGoshi on Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 05:43:31 PM PST

•  Yeah I chip in... (2+ / 0-)
      BenGoshi, Dallasdoc

I'm Roman Catholic and a liberal who lives in a town of 30% Democratic registration (and its a swing state...)  can I join you in watching the GOP start using speeches from Jefferson Davis when they're stumping or if certain canidates get REALLY honest there's an Austrian who has some similar ideological stances... ;)

At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since. ~Salvador Dali

by chasewho on Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 07:04:28 PM PST

•  Ummm.... (2+ / 0-)
      green917, Newton Snookers

Do we really want straight WASPs making the appetizers?  Oh well, toss in a bag of chips and some guacamole, and we'll make a place for you.

-4.50, -5.85 Lies are the new Truth.

by Dallasdoc on Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 07:21:30 PM PST

•  Prejudice doesn't become you... (9+ / 0-)

I'll have you know that I can do everything from gyoza (Japanese 'pot stickers') to a great antipasta platter.  And just day before yesterday the flowers I picked out for my girl, stem-by-stem, were given spontaneous compliments from several florist customers, "You're not an interior designer?!" said one of them.

So, just because I'm a white Methodist guy who likes girls, don't you dare assume that I don't know the virtues Stilton cheese, or that Duncan Fyfe was not a linebacker for the '68 Colts, that I don't like cats, or that I can't tell the difference between Imari and Nabeshima porcelain.

Now, quit with your stereotypes and go back to adjusting your track lighting while Bette Midler plays in the background!

I hate it when we fight.

BenGoshi
        __________________________________________________

We're working on many levels here. Ken Kesey

by BenGoshi on Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 07:36:22 PM PST

•  Bette Midler? Ewwww (1+ / 0-)
          Newton Snookers

I'm more of a Dinah Washington queen, if you must know.

So when are you stopping by the bunker?  Your choices sound yummy.  Hope you know I was teasing.

-4.50, -5.85 Lies are the new Truth.

by Dallasdoc on Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 07:39:00 PM PST

•  The Bunker (1+ / 0-)
            Dallasdoc

Actually, that sounds more like Cheney's hangout.

Funny thing is (really), if things'll keep trending the way their trending, it's the NeoThugs that'll have to be hunkering down in there various "undisclosed locations".  They're certainly fighting like cornered beasts now, and will get ever-more-shrill over the next several months, but -- as Hunter points out -- it's really not anything we are doing:  it's their own failed policies, corruption and a sick-and-tired-of-it American populace that's backing them into a corner.  We're just watching the show.

Pass the popcorn, my friend.

BenGoshi
            _____________________________________________________

We're working on many levels here. Ken Kesey

by BenGoshi on Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 07:44:52 PM PST

• Recommended (132)
  • Community (65)
  • Media (32)
  • Elections (32)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (31)
  • 2016 (29)
  • Science (21)
  • Labor (20)
  • Economy (19)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Bernie Sanders (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site