View Diary: DHinMI is a petty punk, raise your hand (210 comments)

•  Exactly (none)
    Because you thought it was about you (or anybody else that recommended the diary).

I'm telling you, that is not the case.
    You, as a participant on that thread, were almost immaterial to DH's point. There were many people on that list whose sound judgment I've witnessed and will continue to respect. You were listed, among others, only to illustrate how easy it is for all of us to forget our standards for promoting diaries.

I urge you, set aside this disagreement. Truly, I mean this, your name in relation to DH's valid point would have been completely forgotten, but for this diary.

You have, in DHinMI, a champion of truth, liberty and justice. These are the things that matter. Your involvement in that thread is no great sin, it was merely something that so many of us could be deemed guilty of. For instance, I recommend almost all diaries related to proactive journalism that I see. Is that legitimate? Not necessarily. And DH could have just as easily have chosen any of those diaries I've recommended to make his point. After all, some of those, too, were singular source reporting.

So, if your judgment is wise, orget your role in the thing and let it serve as a call to all of us that we need to be skeptical when recommending diaries for all Kossacks to see. We have a responsibility to promote the truth between us.

The soul that is within me no man can degrade. - Frederick Douglass

by Kimberley on Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 05:48:45 PM PST

•  re (none)
      UPDATE

The list above will change, because surely some people on that list will unrecommend (while others will, unfortunately, add their names to the list). Because someone's name is listed above does not mean they stuck by their initial decision to recommend.

The list never changed.  DHinMI is lying piece of shit.  If you can't see that, well, fuck, shit, I guess the education in US isn't what we are lead to believe.

... now watch this drive.

by jg on Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 06:00:12 PM PST

•  Oh Christ (none)
        Nobody even remebers what was on the list. We would have never noticed if you hadn't made such a stink. Really--it's okay. You're still here.

You didn't do it.

by Earl on Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 06:05:21 PM PST

•  There's no lie there (none)
        DHinMI fully acknowledged that people may think better of their option to recommend the diary.

He isn't a "lying pice of shit;" quite the contrary. You're lying to yourself (or taking it way too hard) if you think this had something to do with casting a pall over your judgment (in toto) to recommend.

The soul that is within me no man can degrade. - Frederick Douglass

by Kimberley on Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 06:09:14 PM PST

•  THANKHYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!! (none)
      To paraphrase Sally Field at the Oscars, "you understood me, you really, really understood me!"

I'm telling you, that is not the case.

Exactly.  Now obviously my tactics only had mixed results, because lots of people took it as a personal attack.  And the irony is, the two people on that list were two of the five or six names on that list I was thinking of when I mentioned that some on there I liked and respected.  [That list, alas, has shrunk since last night.]

Your comment almost sums it up; I'd only add a point you already made, but was just snarkily made  by MikeS and Hprof

I do have to say, though, that florid line about "truth, liberty and justice" was a bit hyperbolic.

The revolution will not be televised, but we'll analyze it to death at The Next Hurrah.

by Dana Houle on Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 06:03:55 PM PST

•  Hey damnit (none)
        I already used that line.

You didn't do it.

by Earl on Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 06:06:03 PM PST

•  RE: Vacation (none)
        You are a lazy fucker. yeah, I said lazy fucker

You never updated it?  did you?

DHinMI - go on a long holiday, come back and you will see that dkos is humming along just find without you.

... now watch this drive.

by jg on Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 06:11:59 PM PST

•  Jeeze (2.50)
          You actually thought that I meant I was going to continue updating my diary?  How narcissistic are you?  I didn't mean that I would repeatedly update my diary, I meant that the "who's recommended this diary" list one would see at that other diary would change.

WTF did you think the next setence...

...meant?

Jeeze, you know, you and Tunesmith were among the four or five people I was thinking about when I wrote "There are a few people on that list I know and respect, and I'll assume they just weren't thinking.  We all do it sometimes."

Now I realize my biggest mistake was in overestimating you two.

I mean, WTF, do you think it's going to effect your everyday life?

Sheese, dude, get a fucking grip.  Everything is not about you.

by Dana Houle on Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 06:20:53 PM PST

•  re (none)
            your self-importance in this place is misplaced, if you were that important, you would have a well frequented blog of your own, but you know, keep being hall monitor (or the guy that crtiques the hall monitor) on other people's blogs, it seems to be quite an important job, maybe kos will give you a signed book for your efforts.

... now watch this drive.

by jg on Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 06:28:12 PM PST

•  wow (none)

Now I realize my biggest mistake was in overestimating you two.

This is the most hilarious thing I've read all day.

First, you've got the arrogance factor.  "I'll assume they just weren't thinking."

Then, there's the entitlement factor.  Of DH deserving the explanation.

Then, there's the stubborn refusal to consider any other explanation even when it's offered out of free will, because any reasonable explanation would go against the thesis and undermine the foundation of his soapbox.

Then - after the prediction of "I might piss some people off here...", there's the defensive vapors: "Jeeze..."

Finally, there's the victim role.  I guess I took advantage of DH by duping him into believing that I had a shred of integrity.  (The definition of integrity here being a proprietary variant that is held under lock and key by DH alone.)

You really did an amazing job of exposing yourself here, DH.  Glad I saw the light.  Your disappointment in me is akin to a child having their puppet taken away from them.  So sorry for not playing my proper role.

Beatpaths: automatic graphical sports power rankings.

by tunesmith on Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 12:42:38 AM PST

•  Wow is Right (none)

I don't even have the first clue as to what that means.

And I'll just bow out by saying it's really incredible how you continue to criticize my response to people recommending a slanderous diary by continually refusing to acknowledge the diary was slanderous, and putting it up on the reccomended list had consequences.  I reacted to the effect of the actions.  You're ignoring them.

by Dana Houle on Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 08:11:18 AM PST

•  I Also Wonder... (none)
              ...if you've thought about the company you're in in attacking my diary, and who else that puts you at odds with.  Amazing how you're personalizing it all about me, and seemingly ignoring all the other long-time Kosmopolitans who presumably you also think are wrong, putting you in the company of some of the more petty, unhinged and frivilous sorts at Daily Kos.

Step away from thinking about me, and look around yourself and see where people were aligned on this dispute, and ask yourself if based on where other people you presumably respect are on this argument, if maybe you're on the wrong side.

by Dana Houle on Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 08:14:40 AM PST

•  Hey, man (none)
        " that florid line about "truth, liberty and justice" was a bit hyperbolic," it isn't every day you get to say that. ;)

The soul that is within me no man can degrade. - Frederick Douglass

by Kimberley on Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 06:22:28 PM PST

•  huh (none)
        [That list, alas, has shrunk since last night.]

loud and clear, dh.

Beatpaths: automatic graphical sports power rankings.

by tunesmith on Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 06:24:40 PM PST