View Diary: Counting votes on FISA (252 comments)

•  Mikulski Voting AGAINST Cloture . . . (8+ / 0-)

I just got off the phone with her staffer and she said that she has decided to vote against cloture to give this bill more time to be debated!!!

Some advice: Travel lightly.

by dbratl on Mon Jan 28, 2008 at 12:18:00 PM PST

•  Excellent!!! She must have been flooded (1+ / 0-)
      stephdray

Given how evil she's been on this issue.  Honestly, I'm ashamed to live in MD and have her as my senate creature.

"Terror is nothing other than justice...; it is ... the general principle of democracy applied to our country's most urgent needs." M. Robespierre

by Bartimaeus Blue on Mon Jan 28, 2008 at 12:19:01 PM PST

•  Well, it worked . . . . (1+ / 0-)
        stephdray

Thank goodness. Good for her for coming around and listening.  Let's give her some support for making the right decision.

Some advice: Travel lightly.

by dbratl on Mon Jan 28, 2008 at 12:20:14 PM PST

•  I called her office this afternoon (3+ / 0-)
        gogol, stephdray, Bartimaeus Blue

Did not have time to chat, so I just indicated that her record on the issue has been one of disgrace and that I hope she will come to her senses this afternoon.

•  I agree totally (3+ / 0-)
        stephdray, Tamar, Bartimaeus Blue

Anytime I have written her, whether about national concerns, or to help me with respect to a personal constituent issue, she has been non-responsive.

I get form letters so many months after the fact that I have already forgotten just what I had originally contacted her about.

I have never relied on her to be of any assistance and am lucky that we have 2 democratic senators to choose from as she really is virtually useless in the job. It is too bad there is not any one of merit willing to go up for her seat.

I do not agree with Senator Cardin on all that he does but he certainly has come through for my family .... something that Mikulski has never done.

<div style="color: #0080C0">In order to be walked on, you have to be lying down. Brian Weir</div>

by schoolpsyc on Mon Jan 28, 2008 at 12:35:40 PM PST

•  I just called and was told it was "likely" (2+ / 0-)
      dbratl, stephdray

she would vote against it.  More calls, more calls to Mikulski.  Keep her on track!

If, in our efforts to win, we become as dishonest as our opponents on the right, we don't deserve to triumph.

by Tamar on Mon Jan 28, 2008 at 12:37:14 PM PST

•  That's not good. . . (1+ / 0-)
        stephdray

. . . when I posted that, the word was she "will" not she was likely.

Interesting. I'm sure the telecoms are reading this very post and probably got on the phone to her as soon as we posted that.  Maybe we should keep our mouths shut about converts.

Some advice: Travel lightly.

by dbratl on Mon Jan 28, 2008 at 12:42:21 PM PST

•  hooray (1+ / 0-)
      dbratl

I am so glad to hear that!